• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

1 hour ago, prophet800 said:

Does this make it more valuable @sovereignsteve or is this quite common?

Not in my eyes but some people do mention these things in ebay listings. In essence it's a production flaw but some people like such things. If yours affects all letters and numbers, it's quite rare to see. Usually it's just a few consecutive letters that are doubled, I really can't get my head around how that happens. They aren't rare but not exactly common either.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

16 hours ago, Sovereign said:

I bought au58 for £350 2 days ago wich is near what you pay for a good grade one ,

Not sure what you mean by this. I wouldn't have thought £350 for a AU58 1871 sov is particularly cheap, or are you saying that's expensive.

Bought the outlaws of the marsh first in the series to go with my dream of red chamber series.Bought this set which I was going to grade until I found the full sets already graded..by that time it was too late to cancel.although the seller did offer me a return but I'll keep..

IMG_20170519_120838.jpg

IMG_20170519_120857.jpg

IMG_20170519_121207.jpg

IMG_20170519_115716.jpg

Not in my eyes but some people do mention these things in ebay listings. In essence it's a production flaw but some people like such things. If yours affects all letters and numbers, it's quite rare to see. Usually it's just a few consecutive letters that are doubled, I really can't get my head around how that happens. They aren't rare but not exactly common either.

All the the writing on the right hand side of the Queen is like this.
Thanks for the info [emoji106]

2 minutes ago, shortstack68 said:

Not so sure, it was your cert number i've dowloaded and it's definitely milking

Well why ask then, as I said I'm not concerned why are you so bothered.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

3 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

Not so sure, it was your cert number i've dowloaded and it's definitely milking, enlarged a little more

Screenshot 2017-05-20 12.16.11.png

It's not like any milking I've ever seen. Perhaps it's a smudge on the plastic that's catching the light? there seem to be a lot of surface makes on the slab that are quite noticable on the photo.

@sovereignsteve Hi Steve I guess that is what it must have been, but as I have already said, it is categorically not on the coin,I have looked at the 2 RRs under the microscope at 45x magnification & it has no spotting or smudge & I'm happy with the coin.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

9 minutes ago, Oystonout said:

Are these the "returns" you are returning?

Not for the biggest spot offenders - they were two brand new ones from Westminster (sealed). But I'm also sending back two replacements from CP (one with a small milk spot but every sign of developing further, the other because it has a knick in it - I thought it was OK-ish but a closer look told me otherwise).

Edited by kimchi

24 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Not for the biggest spot offenders - they were two brand new ones from Westminster (sealed). But I'm also sending back two replacements from CP (one with a small milk spot but every sign of developing further, the other because it has a knick in it - I thought it was OK-ish but a closer look told me otherwise).

Just mulling over whether to return 2 X of my replacements to coin portfolio. Not sure after all this fiasco whether I want to continue or just get a refund. 

Whats your take on these coins value in say 6/12 months time?

Edited by Oystonout