• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

1 hour ago, Augustus1 said:

hi

came in today, nothing spectacular for you guys , but now means I have a small collection of  2009 to 2017, :) I have one space left, do I go 2018 or go back to 2008 ?

dean.m

Very nice collection. What do you plan to collect next? 

30 minutes ago, KDave said:

Very nice collection. What do you plan to collect next? 

thank you , what next is a good question ! first is either a 18 or 08 panda to fill the gap :), then I was thinking a tube of something for additionto a stck, but I don't have any graded coins so looking at something in graded, but not well versed in them ! so not sure where to go with them.

dean.m

43 minutes ago, rebnah said:

Got my 5 tiny 1gram gold Pandas

sorry for the images but these really are tiny but stunning

IMG_6535.JPG

I like them , can I ask were the are from or if inappropriate , I still like them and I will go off in search :)

dean.m

Yes yes more shields [emoji14], 8 to be exact, and 2 young head st.georges
The lustre on 3 of them is incredible, hard to capture in a photograph so i tried with fingers as you can see reflection :D. I've never graded a single coin but this may be worth it.
Also a 1891 Sydney half sov photo at the end, little worn but only 154,000 were minted 130 years ago and the first branch mint half sov i have i think
small-DSC04979.thumb.JPG.6aaa8132af3768ac2ac8429c64429f03.JPG
small-DSC04968.thumb.JPG.0d75c846e587cee5e3881b3d1cb4e4e6.JPG
small-DSC04976.thumb.JPG.db1902c89b0b0d042015e2f3c3d0eb11.JPG

small-DSC04989.thumb.JPG.22b8f93bd9f05508fe1604cd973a50af.JPG

Very nice indeed

27 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

I'm feeling left out and quite embarrassed at all these sovereigns. I haven't bought any for ages!:D

LOL, you're going to have to change your screen name to just "steve" ;)  You're still the go-to guy for all things Sovereign related.

Just received my Rwanda rooster BU coin and also the proof version.  Both very beautiful.  My camera is useless so not worth posting blurry pics but they are as beautiful as previous pictures show.  Very glad to have found a dealer with a proof version still for sale.  I imagine it will be a very successful series if they use the same artist for the rest.  The mosaic style is awesome especially on the proof.  I love the hammerite style on the edge of the BU version.  I'm hoping that because they come from a high quality German mint they will not be subject to milk spots but only time will tell.  We will just have to see as the series progresses.  Have to say that the BU coin in it's sealed plastic cover has to be one of the most beautiful standard BU coins I have.  Well worth buying if any of you are in any doubt.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

I also received a nice 20 roll of 2017 Brits with the little 20 anniversary privy.  They come vacuum sealed by the mint in their own capsules so if there is any milk spotting it's definitely the mint's fault.  They have the beautiful obverse field that I imagine the mint will be putting on all Brits from now on.(2018)  Definitely worth getting a few given they are 120,000 mintage and will probably be the 2017 coin that everyone wants as the start of the new obverse in the series.  The change from the ugly woodchip field to a nice field takes place this year!  I'm only guessing of course but who wants to see more of the ugly woodchip?  Not me.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

6 minutes ago, silversky said:

I also received a nice 20 roll of 2017 Brits with the little 20 anniversary privy.  They come vacuum sealed by the mint in their own capsules so if there is any milk spotting it's definitely the mint's fault.  They have the beautiful obverse field that I imagine the mint will be putting on all Brits from now on.(2018)  Definitely worth getting a few given they are 120,000 mintage and will probably be the 2017 coin that everyone wants as the start of the new obverse in the series.  The change from the ugly woodchip field to a nice field takes place this year!  I'm only guessing of course but who wants to see more of the ugly woodchip?  Not me.

I wouldn't count on the proofs not spotting as it's quite common on previous issues - BU seem ok though.

EDIT - Post in relation to Rwanda proof.

Edited by mondy41
Quote post edit

9 hours ago, Augustus1 said:

I like them , can I ask were the are from or if inappropriate , I still like them and I will go off in search :)

dean.m

No problem I got the last 5 from Atkinsons and a great price compared to others that are selling them. Some cases cheaper than half price.

On 23/05/2017 at 11:11, Augustus1 said:

hi

came in today, nothing spectacular for you guys , but now means I have a small collection of  2009 to 2017, :) I have one space left, do I go 2018 or go back to 2008 ?

dean.m

IMG_20170522_215648 (Medium).jpg

IMG_20170522_215657 (Medium).jpg

IMG_20170522_215802 (Medium).jpg

Love these

Just unpacked the coins that had arrived here in the USA.

IMG_3788.JPG
d3c83b0cc389f19d4e45a7ee4f869064.jpg

This one is from a heritage auction and has already gone off to NGC for conservation.

The Panda bible was here too and this promises to be a good read

IMG_3787.JPG

Just unpacked the coins that had arrived here in the USA.

IMG_3788.JPG
d3c83b0cc389f19d4e45a7ee4f869064.jpg

This one is from a heritage auction and has already gone off to NGC for conservation.

The Panda bible was here too and this promises to be a good read

IMG_3787.JPG

1 minute ago, shortstack68 said:

But it was posted, which still costs money plus they have asked you to call them on Tuesday, 24hrs late and so stressed about it, I can't quite grasp the reason why, but I'd certainly not like to be an eBay seller that sells a coin to you and has landed 24hrs later even though it may have been posted on time. Sometimes the PO can also be at fault.......

Ive dealt with Rebnah before, he is a standup guy. I think he is being over zealous on this occasion, sometimes things like this happen part and parcel of this game (no pun intended).