• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

2 hours ago, shortstack68 said:

@sixgun didn't Johnson Matthey sell their refineries to Asahi of Japan? Or they bought Asahi?

Found it, asahi bought out Johnson 

http://www.asahirefining.com/news-events/news-2/

Johnson Matthey bars are a collectors' item in the making. i see dealers advertising them and when you look more closely most are 'out of stock'.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

1 hour ago, sixgun said:

Johnson Matthey bars are a collectors' item in the making. i see dealers advertising them and when you look more closely most are 'out of stock'.

Collecting bars seems extremely boring :ph34r: but I guess non PM enthusiasts would say the same about coins

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Today I received 

1/10 gold maple 2017

1gm sunshine gold bar

2x random our choice un circulated mint coins( 2015 pandas !)

it seems I've jinksed myself forever saying I'll never buy any pandas because of the volume of counterfeits going round and there is a niggle with them the seller I use is very trustworthy but these coins arrived in capsules and on one of them there's a copper tint buy one of the paws I've weighed them done a mag test there no smell of copper so all should be fine why couldn't they of just sent me some nice libertads.

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Silverhunter said:

Today I received 

1/10 gold maple 2017

1gm sunshine gold bar

2x random our choice un circulated mint coins( 2015 pandas !)

it seems I've jinksed myself forever saying I'll never buy any pandas because of the volume of counterfeits going round and there is a niggle with them the seller I use is very trustworthy but these coins arrived in capsules and on one of them there's a copper tint buy one of the paws I've weighed them done a mag test there no smell of copper so all should be fine why couldn't they of just sent me some nice libertads.

image.jpg

I'm not an expert on Panda's, but the ones I have, have more text on the front.  Weight and purity of the silver in the bottom textured crescent, etc.

Edited by SilverSniper

24 minutes ago, SilverSniper said:

Ignore that, it seems this wasn't the case with the pre-30g coins.

Yep 2015 they got rid of the ag .9999 ect I double checked that as well as these were the first I've ever had worst thing is the wife likes them so looks like one a year I'm guessing my avoidance stemmed from I video I watched by cyber curtain twitcher on youtube. Looking into these coins further in bulk they come in a sort of blister pack of 30 and in that pack each individual coin is in it's own capsule  feeling much better about them :)

1821 Full Sov [emoji4]

love the old sovereign 

1887 1/2 Sov PCGS MS62 

IMG_9911.thumb.JPG.dfae2054197c9fe5f0cf7a56b13cda07.JPG

IMG_9912.thumb.JPG.52386acaf5a28c063959ba5bce8a17ed.JPG

IMG_9913.thumb.JPG.260f2a6bb29f4c7a93390b7737ee0d26.JPG

IMG_9914.thumb.JPG.9501d737e01ae267aaf90059b6b990f9.JPG

IMG_9915.thumb.JPG.5ffda135c3ed8d84c6d230d1af72de08.JPG

IMG_9916.thumb.JPG.e8b08970a8723285f0996d64645d35ae.JPG

I hope you have better luck with your 1821 than I did

bec76365a7226d1ffaae623c66d3e5e4.jpg

I still like it but I was hoping at least for a clean 58 but hey ho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1821 Full Sov [emoji4]

love the old sovereign 

1887 1/2 Sov PCGS MS62 

IMG_9911.thumb.JPG.dfae2054197c9fe5f0cf7a56b13cda07.JPG

IMG_9912.thumb.JPG.52386acaf5a28c063959ba5bce8a17ed.JPG

IMG_9913.thumb.JPG.260f2a6bb29f4c7a93390b7737ee0d26.JPG

IMG_9914.thumb.JPG.9501d737e01ae267aaf90059b6b990f9.JPG

IMG_9915.thumb.JPG.5ffda135c3ed8d84c6d230d1af72de08.JPG

IMG_9916.thumb.JPG.e8b08970a8723285f0996d64645d35ae.JPG

7 minutes ago, Numistacker said:

I didn't expect that for your coin !

it looked in a great condition AU58 to MS62+

What do we know :/ 

can i send my coin to you for grading ? 

(No rush) 

I think it should get VF , XF 

what do you think ? 

Thanks

(No rush) 

what do you think ? 

Thanks

Yes send it over and I hope XF but I would never have guessed at the grade of mine.

(No rush) 

what do you think ? 

Thanks

Yes send it over and I hope XF but I would never have guessed at the grade of mine.

1 minute ago, Numistacker said:

really disappointed for you 

I had to look up what that grading means

They believe it has been wiped over causing minor scratching somewhere? 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

4 hours ago, morezone said:

Decided to back fill the Shanghai Mint Lunar 80mm Brass Medals.  I'm not up to date.

The dragon was ridiculously expensive.  It came in a broken pouch but I was expecting it to be opened and loose anyway.  It too me forever to make sense of the back.

The Rabbit was the first release for this cycle.  Originally 5k mintage but subsequently dropped to 1k and the styling of the back changed.  Came sealed in the pouch and again, I was expecting it to be opened and loose and is also the cheapest of the series.

2017-02-14 09.58.11.jpg

2017-02-14 09.58.40.jpg

2017-02-14 09.58.53.jpg

2017-02-14 09.59.15.jpg

Really cool Medals Morezone! I must say I figured out the back of the Dragon straight away. I am perplexed with the back of the Rabbit. (-:

19 minutes ago, mmissinglink said:

^  You're doing the right thing by being honest, in my book.

The owner returned my missed call. A really nice fella who was a bit surprised about the whole thing. I've offered to pay for them so he's not out of pocket.

He's now busy checking to see if any other orders were duplicated and was worried that maybe the case with some sovereign orders with other customers. Hopefully for him it's a one-off glitch.