• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

1 hour ago, Silverstackeruk said:

What are the red spots? Not received mine yet but I wouldn't be happy if it came with a red spot...will that lower the value?

Oxidation of impurities.  Happens quite a lot with gold which you can look up.  There are ways to remove it but it doesn't bother me.  It's a 35 year old bulllion coin so things like that are expected.

It does reduce the value but since it was reasonably priced in the first place it doesn't make any difference.

If you are expecting A1 coins you really need to be looking at relatively new coins in some form of Mint packaging.

edit..come to think of it, this spot could be an acid test mark.

4 minutes ago, morezone said:

Oxidation of impurities.  Happens quite a lot with gold which you can look up.  There are ways to remove it but it doesn't bother me.  It's a 35 year old bulllion coin so things like that are expected.

It does reduce the value but since it was reasonably priced in the first place it doesn't make any difference.

If you are expecting A1 coins you really need to be looking at relatively new coins in some form of Mint packaging.

Thanks for the information simon..I've never seen red spots on gold coins before..the photo showed one with red spots which is the reason I didn't buy that and went for the 1oz...I normally buy coins take a photo then there placed in storage until my kids are old enough to appreciate them..for all I know all my coins will have red spots...is this the same a white spots on silver? Tbh I didn't reliase gold can get spots ..I always assumed it was only silver..

33 minutes ago, Silverstackeruk said:

Thanks for the information simon..I've never seen red spots on gold coins before..the photo showed one with red spots which is the reason I didn't buy that and went for the 1oz...I normally buy coins take a photo then there placed in storage until my kids are old enough to appreciate them..for all I know all my coins will have red spots...is this the same a white spots on silver? Tbh I didn't reliase gold can get spots ..I always assumed it was only silver..

Spotting is no where close to the silver milking/spotting problem.  You see it a fair bit on old Pandas but unlike silver spotting, it can be removed.  I've heard there have been instances where the spots has gone away.  The gold spotting is also just a few spots here and there whereas on silver it can afffect the whole coin.

Today I received two 2017 Premium Gold Proof Sovereign sets. I'm hoping to flip one quickly to bring down my net cost for my 'keeper'. 

It came via Special Delivery, in a padded box! 

image.thumb.jpeg.0f66f8e01e88a5c38db41a91bf031b11.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.669383beddc9f8d674c65b189dd520b8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8d677c28b11b07bfb91d0edcf575669d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a4f652e1452122374aafa65bf3b77bdb.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.099b428f5cd4758861997cc832142a25.jpeg

Not the best pictures but you get the gist, hopefully. 

Mine will be at the office when I get back ))) I need another nice [emoji403] box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Today I received two 2017 Premium Gold Proof Sovereign sets. I'm hoping to flip one quickly to bring down my net cost for my 'keeper'. 

It came via Special Delivery, in a padded box! 

image.thumb.jpeg.0f66f8e01e88a5c38db41a91bf031b11.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.669383beddc9f8d674c65b189dd520b8.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8d677c28b11b07bfb91d0edcf575669d.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a4f652e1452122374aafa65bf3b77bdb.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.099b428f5cd4758861997cc832142a25.jpeg

Not the best pictures but you get the gist, hopefully. 

Mine will be at the office when I get back ))) I need another nice [emoji403] box

Today's deliveries here in the USA

1dfe89584e456291082b2e409cd4c3d2.png

2016 1/4oz proof Libertad

852fb982d3614800df8e450f6d5e6770.jpg

A couple of ANA proof pandas

Today's deliveries here in the USA

1dfe89584e456291082b2e409cd4c3d2.png

2016 1/4oz proof Libertad

852fb982d3614800df8e450f6d5e6770.jpg

A couple of ANA proof pandas

9 hours ago, morezone said:

edit..come to think of it, this spot could be an acid test mark.

Copper spots as they are known can come and go on older Gold coins, and yes they do reduce the value of the coin but not as much as a scratch or a polished coin would.   

Picked up this 1/4 sovereign, does anyone know where its from?  I thought a tristan da cunha as this portrait of the queen looks like theirs but i can't find a reference to it

edit: Just noticed the TDC on the obverse :D. Would still be interested if someone could find a mintage figure for me!

Looks much nicer in hand than photos, its pretty small and i rushed the photos just now

small-DSC02825.JPG

small-DSC02826.JPG

small-DSC02830.JPG

Edited by sg86

The Gold Sovereign

The Gold Sovereign aims to provide the most complete online resource to collectors of the world's most popular gold coin - the Sovereign.

www.thegoldsovereign.com    |    contact@thegoldsovereign.com