• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

35 minutes ago, Furnace said:

Could be a Silver Back.

An annorexic silver back! 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

8 hours ago, PapaLazarou said:
£500 "Mystery" Jamboree Bag Courtesy of James32

For the inquisitive/nosey buggers out there, the outcome was favourable - a very fair deal, apart from the bloody monkey.

Visc 1g au Bar b.jpg

Visc 1g au Bar a.jpg

Brit 1g au Bar B.jpg

Brit 1g au Bar A.jpg

2014 ag Koala rev2.jpg

2013 ag Koala Rev1.jpg

2020 ASE rev.jpg

Hoard 100g Ag Bar.jpg

2oz QB Red Dragon Rev.jpg

2oz 2016 QB Lion Obv.jpg

QB 2oz Completer Rev2.jpg

monkey.jpg

Nice some lovely bits in there. 

10 hours ago, NewCoins said:

It's not my coin Lawrence. It's @Petras.

The reason I asked, I thought it looked fake. The lip stands out a mile away for me.

14 hours ago, Petra said:

Found this today, go in the collection 

D1591286-D38F-4C2F-A5BA-54B26F9C33C3.jpeg

02565AD5-AAE9-4031-B059-3C0DF518EB08.jpeg

14 hours ago, NewCoins said:

Is it genuine ?

13 hours ago, Petra said:

No reason not to be, be selling it so hope it’s ok! Just don’t have a clue really what it is worth.

Ah, sorry, and thanks, @NewCoins.

I had seen @Petra's post above it, and the two responses, but then dozily clicked on your post instead of the correct one.

The thead is interesting, and along with her other post, even more interesting, as are the responses to that.

I had received a PM 

"Hi there

sorry to bother you but….

having only been a member on here a very short time, I wonder if I could use your ‘vast’ experience to identify a coin for me. I picked up some crowns for an amazing price and one appears to be a gothic. If I forward a couple of pics, could you give an opinion please?
Much appreciated.

... and I replied

"It's better to post the photos in a public area. There are many other members who will be happy to try and help.

I also advise to give as much information as you have, such as where / who you bought them from. If bought online, then include a link."

I was disappointed to note that Petra had ignored my advice "as much information as you have...", but not overly surprised. Most new posters, and quite a few experienced ones, do similar, followed by the full story dribbling out over a few hours, days, or even weeks, which probably frustrates and annoys the friendly helpful TSF members trying to help.

It appears that Petra got both coins for nothing, which is very close to their actual value.

The story of their acquisition would still be interesting!

😎

I should probably not relay the contents of "Private Messages", and normally don't, but in this case I think it is excusable, and I also wonder how may other members Petra had PD'd.

Chards

9 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Ah, sorry, and thanks, @NewCoins.

I had seen @Petra's post above it, and the two responses, but then dozily clicked on your post instead of the correct one.

The thead is interesting, and along with her other post, even more interesting, as are the responses to that.

I had received a PM 

"Hi there

sorry to bother you but….

having only been a member on here a very short time, I wonder if I could use your ‘vast’ experience to identify a coin for me. I picked up some crowns for an amazing price and one appears to be a gothic. If I forward a couple of pics, could you give an opinion please?
Much appreciated.

... and I replied

"It's better to post the photos in a public area. There are many other members who will be happy to try and help.

I also advise to give as much information as you have, such as where / who you bought them from. If bought online, then include a link."

I was disappointed to note that Petra had ignored my advice "as much information as you have...", but not overly surprised. Most new posters, and quite a few experienced ones, do similar, followed by the full story dribbling out over a few hours, days, or even weeks, which probably frustrates and annoys the friendly helpful TSF members trying to help.

It appears that Petra got both coins for nothing, which is very close to their actual value.

The story of their acquisition would still be interesting!

😎

I should probably not relay the contents of "Private Messages", and normally don't, but in this case I think it is excusable, and I also wonder how may other members Petra had PD'd.

Only one person😀 Actually came from a car boot!

Vor 18 Stunden sagte Petra:

Heute bekommen, hat jemand eine Idee, was das ist? Danke

C20091D5-04AD-4079-A3D7-A1EBD17ABD2B.jpeg

EB8F4C74-A913-4880-ABDA-E958CB4B38D2.jpeg

Polen Talar 1637 Vladislav IV Danzig. Dies ist eine schöne Nachprägung und ist als Medaille zu werten.

For the original, see here: https://de.ucoin.net/coin/poland-1-talar-1636-1638/?tid=99599

Edited by MaxeBaumann

32 minutes ago, MaxeBaumann said:

Polen Talar 1637 Vladislav IV Danzig. Dies ist eine schöne Nachprägung und ist als Medaille zu werten.

For the original, see here: https://de.ucoin.net/coin/poland-1-talar-1636-1638/?tid=99599

... and for Nachprägungen

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/4000009518861.html

although a different store probably sells them for £1 or £2, or €.

😎

I forgot, my VPN uses random locations, and the price I saw was in 8.48 Romanian Leu, so about £1.44

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

1 minute ago, LawrenceChard said:

... and the previous owner literally gave them to you?

Go on, tell us more!

🙂

On a car boot it is possible. You are buying some stuffs and after you spent @£25 you can have some other interesting little items.

Also, I've heard some rumours about a well known bullion dealer from Blackpool who give as bonus when he is in good mood a Quarter Pahlavī when you spend in his shop more than £500.

I haven't seen with my eyes, only told me a lady in train.

4 hours ago, stefffana said:

On a car boot it is possible. You are buying some stuffs and after you spent @£25 you can have some other interesting little items.

Also, I've heard some rumours about a well known bullion dealer from Blackpool who give as bonus when he is in good mood a Quarter Pahlavī when you spend in his shop more than £500.

Don't believe her, the minimum spend for a free bonus gift is £5 million, although if you smile, we might shade that a little for you.

We sometimes offer free tea or coffee, but I wouldn't recommend the latter, it's instant! *

😎

* Well, it says instant on the jar, but it usually takes about 5 minutes to appear.

Edited by LawrenceChard
addendum

Chards

16 minutes ago, stefffana said:

No reactions left, but i met the same old lady on a train. She told me, if you buy a William & Kate coin for more than at aliexpress at a well known Blackpool coin dealer, you never pay shipping again. And it comes with a free toothbrush and toothpaste. Not 100% sure, but i heard so.

9 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Don't believe her, the minimum spend for a free bonus gift is £5 million, although if you smile, we might shade that a little for you.

We sometimes offer free tea or coffee, but I wouldn't recommend the latter, it's instant!

😎

Yeah, I have suspected her to be a liar. Silly me!😁

1 minute ago, dikefalos said:

No reactions left, but i met the same old lady on a train. She told me, if you buy a William & Kate coin for more than at aliexpress at a well known Blackpool coin dealer, you never pay shipping again. And it comes with a free toothbrush and toothpaste. Not 100% sure, but i heard so.

The same lady? She was blonde? With grey eyes? With black jeans? 1.65m tall? 67kg? 

I can't believe you met her!

Beautiful lady for her 91yrs, isn't it?😊

1 minute ago, stefffana said:

The same lady? She was blonde? With grey eyes? With black jeans? 1.65m tall? 67kg? 

I can't believe you met her!

Beautiful lady for her 91yrs, isn't it?😊

Oh, this lying b...h. She told me, she's just 89 1/2. If i knew, she's that old, i hadn't bought that piccolo for a hunnie