• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

7 hours ago, Numistacker said:

As some of you may know from previous posts I have been buying less smaller items and have sold a few things over the last couple of months. 

Today I bought this at the Baldwin’s Charles Wander Collection Auction

177F175D-00D0-4D02-84C9-02BD3485A05C.thumb.jpeg.fcc58b6c88aee25b71591db6f4038c64.jpeg

11E3C667-4855-474B-A97B-D90885AEC696.thumb.jpeg.8ad4c7b01d0d24cbfad975d6825bfa10.jpeg

987B7640-655E-4DAD-99F6-FE7C6840C024.thumb.jpeg.302b4ab5e4d38072541acb6160685417.jpeg

it is technically a proof of record or VIP proof that was never made for sale in a mint proof set.

Beautiful coin, congratulations!

I was outbid on the two sixpences I was after - they went for silly money😞

20 minutes ago, DonkeyKong said:

Where did you get the capsules from?

Thanks

DK

Here:

https://www.silberling.de/en/Accessories/Bar-Capsule-10-oz.html

I tend to add a few to each order, when I’m buying something more substantial. The A-Mark, NTR, OPM, RCM, Sunshine Mint, Scottsdale Reserve and newer JM bars also fit in them.

3 hours ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Well am happy today! Been missing the 2003 bar from this date run calendar bar set. Finally found one. Each is 100 grams pure silver. I wish I could find capsules for them. 

EDF37F82-3600-4A7C-83C0-D6A01D21E84E.jpeg

341C360B-7AB2-4945-B972-7C4CFB026474.jpeg

13AABD69-6752-40C4-BD86-E8AFA66AB2D7.jpeg

534E58F5-A0A5-4E64-9899-47B4D1815C14.jpeg

ED77FD3A-BEB3-46AB-8F51-035DA3FC6276.jpeg

B2110B31-18FC-4108-89F3-1AC5DA8592C6.jpeg

Not sure if your aware but they minted by PAMP Suisse you can also find these calendar bars in 1 oz & ive seen a few 50g, nice lot :) 

A MAN OF FEW WORDS.....

10 minutes ago, StackSellRepeat said:

I usually stick with .999 silver but I came across this trio & couldn't resist paid a pretty penny for them but it was worth it considering they look uncirculated :) the one on the top is smaller than the two below is this normal or is this due to being re-stiked in different years/firms ?

1E4DCE5C-AC24-4F79-8774-5FDDEB3CA40F.jpeg

80233466-281A-432C-B17E-6889894E5A2B.jpeg

Minted different countries and years. Top one looks circulated. They vary in weight and dimensions often. Have about 30

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

56 minutes ago, StackSellRepeat said:

Not sure if your aware but they minted by PAMP Suisse you can also find these calendar bars in 1 oz & ive seen a few 50g, nice lot :) 

I think you had one for sale last year if I am not wrong. Got a pretty penny for it too if it sold at your asking. 

I haven’t seen the smaller ones, but do love these big ones. 

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

49 minutes ago, StackSellRepeat said:

I usually stick with .999 silver but I came across this trio & couldn't resist paid a pretty penny for them but it was worth it considering they look uncirculated :) the one on the top is smaller than the two below is this normal or is this due to being re-stiked in different years/firms ?

1E4DCE5C-AC24-4F79-8774-5FDDEB3CA40F.jpeg

80233466-281A-432C-B17E-6889894E5A2B.jpeg

These three all look from early to mid 20th Century. More inspection would cut this down to 20-30 years and identify the mints responsible.

Maria Theresia Taler are great coins to collect and range from 1741 to 1780. After the death of Maria Theresia in 1780 all subsequent Talers with her image were dated 1780 and are still minted today with this date at the Austrian mint.

Subtle differences identify the different mints that produced them and original non restricted 1780 coins are few and far between. 

There is a tremendous amount of history linked with this coin that is thought to be the fore runner to the dollar, used for trading throughout the world, and minted in Vienna, London, Birmingham, Paris, Milan, Bombay to name but a few.

Check out this site but be prepared for an addiction. Sorry for the rant

http://www.theresia.name/en/

9 minutes ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

I think you had one for sale last year if I am not wrong. Got a pretty penny for it too if it sold at your asking. 

I haven’t seen the smaller ones, but do love these big ones. 

I’ve sold quite a few of these mainly private, I try to acquire the older ones preferably in mint seal uncirculated. Over the years I think I’ve had a few listed on eBay too.

Edited by StackSellRepeat

A MAN OF FEW WORDS.....

14 minutes ago, Prospector said:

have you guys ever figured out what those double headed eagles mean? We see them everywhere. 

The simple answer, the two Eagles are for the two royal houses of Lorraine and Habsburg. The long and the very long answers are very long and very, very long. Or see the wars of the Spanish, Polish and Austrian Successions, the Seven Years War, Thirty Years War... You get the idea.