• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Official Coronation Coin Range Reveal

It may be based on how many private planes Charles has taken to environmental and climate change events/summits around the world 🌍 over the years.

But think that would take us well over the 2,013 number 

. . . . . . Hhhmmm back to the drawing board 

@Paul, @Zhorro

This discussion on mintage pushed me to nag one of my contacts to give me a hint, and while they desire to respect the embargo (for which I myself respect them!), they teased me and said that the mintage is higher than the norm, but not high enough to meet demand. Whatever that means!!!

So I assume our “2023” figure is probably a really good guess. 😉

2 hours ago, CazLikesCoins said:

It’ll be nice to see the dragon’s return after recent years of special editions. Theres only one true sovereign design imo and that's George depicting animal cruelty on an endangered species.

Hard disagree.

When you consider that the Ensigns Armorial celebrates England, Ireland & Scotland and the 'standard' Sovereign design depicts 'England's' Patron Saint literally slaying the national emblem of Cymru... I think we all need to ask ourselves, when will this anti-Welsh rhetoric on our coinage end?

Frankly, I won't be satisfied until there's a special edition soveriegn that depicts Owain Glyndwr passing to Shakin' Stevens to score a try at Twickenham, while Tom Jones and Richard Burton sing Delilah in the royal box.

I think all right-minded people will agree that this is only sensible way forward.

8 minutes ago, FourNinesFine said:

Hard disagree.

When you consider that the Ensigns Armorial celebrates England, Ireland & Scotland and the 'standard' Sovereign design depicts 'England's' Patron Saint literally slaying the national emblem of Cymru... I think we all need to ask ourselves, when will this anti-Welsh rhetoric on our coinage end?

Frankly, I won't be satisfied until there's a special edition soveriegn that depicts Owain Glyndwr passing to Shakin' Stevens to score a try at Twickenham, while Tom Jones and Richard Burton sing Delilah in the royal box.

I think all right-minded people will agree that this is only sensible way forward.

As a Scot I also support the removal of George. He's had his turn. Maybe the Krankies or Rab C Nesbit...

2 hours ago, CazLikesCoins said:

Haha lol and to make sure nobody every touched gold again and went full force into digital currency, this on the obverse 

NINTCHDBPICT000794946649-1.jpg.thumb.webp.1d1efda757afc49175de173d924838f2.webp

That's some fluid retention.

That's what I like to see... functional clothing. You can tell he's working class, a real grafter.

Edited by SidS

1 hour ago, FourNinesFine said:

Hard disagree.

As goes the (only) famous line that came out of Robocop ... I'd buy that for a dollar 😄

1 hour ago, TheShinyStuff said:

As a Scot I also support the removal of George. He's had his turn. Maybe the Krankies or Rab C Nesbit...

Nicola sturgeon needs a new job. Maybe she can replace Charlie boy.

30 minutes ago, SidS said:

That's some fluid retention.

That's what I like to see... functional clothing. You can tell he's working class, a real grafter.

I think he'd actually have to deflate that suit to pee. Or not bother :D 

At what mintage does the SOTD sovereign become not worth the money assuming a purchase price of £850?

I know that it is a difficult question to answer and everyone will have a different opinion but I am interested to hear your views. When I heard the supposed price I thought that I am out but then everyone’s enthusiasm has made me think again. Maybe it is just FOMO!

47 minutes ago, Chrisplym said:

At what mintage does the SOTD sovereign become not worth the money assuming a purchase price of £850?

I know that it is a difficult question to answer and everyone will have a different opinion but I am interested to hear your views. When I heard the supposed price I thought that I am out but then everyone’s enthusiasm has made me think again. Maybe it is just FOMO!

I honestly think even at £1000 this could be a long term winner.

It’s the first ever Coronation SotD Sovereign, the first of KC III’s reign to have a crowned portrait, will have a plain edge, mintage will obviously be much lower than the regular proofs released later in the year, and, a subjective point, this could very well be the last Coronation we see given the state of things.

@westminstrel from what I’m seeing there is a lot of chatter about the SOTD sovereign especially, also many do also like the oz coin, suppose we will all find out on Monday.

I will be amazed if any of the SOTD and oz crowned shield will be left for sale after 1 hour of these going up. 

2 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

@westminstrel from what I’m seeing there is a lot of chatter about the SOTD sovereign especially, also many do also like the oz coin, suppose we will all find out on Monday.

I will be amazed if any of the SOTD and oz crowned shield will be left for sale after 1 hour of these going up. 

I’m hearing the same about the SotD (about which I’ve been asking around).

I think it’ll be a quick sell out.

14 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I honestly think even at £1000 this could be a long term winner.

It’s the first ever Coronation SotD Sovereign, the first of KC III’s reign to have a crowned portrait, will have a plain edge, mintage will obviously be much lower than the regular proofs released later in the year, and, a subjective point, this could very well be the last Coronation we see given the state of things.

hhmmmmm you make some good points for it ticking the boxes to do well long term

the 2017 SOTD seems to have done the best thus far out of all of them - RRP was around £540ish if my memory is correct 

Its now £1000+ for a MS70 

So doubled in five years is a pretty good ROI

6 minutes ago, Paul said:

hhmmmmm you make some good points for it ticking the boxes to do well long term

the 2017 SOTD seems to have done the best thus far out of all of them - RRP was around £540ish if my memory is correct 

Its now £1000+ for a MS70 

So doubled in five years is a pretty good ROI

Yes, the 2017 SotD was £525 on issue.

i a am bit confused...

while it is sound that some coins will be available on 24 Monday, i dont understand what will happen about the Sotd sovereign.

Ascertained that the strike will be on the 6 of May, will they be pre orderable on 24 April too? (if yes i dont understand then why nothing is already said /written like for the other specifications). And if yes only on RM website or other dealers' too? ( considering the low mintage i m not expecting many dealers to get some of them)

thanks in advance to whoever will clarify

19 minutes ago, refero said:

i a am bit confused...

while it is sound that some coins will be available on 24 Monday, i dont understand what will happen about the Sotd sovereign.

Ascertained that the strike will be on the 6 of May, will they be pre orderable on 24 April too? (if yes i dont understand then why nothing is already said /written like for the other specifications). And if yes only on RM website or other dealers' too? ( considering the low mintage i m not expecting many dealers to get some of them)

No idea, all I remember is that all of the Jubilee stuff went on sale at the mint on 6 Jan, then the SOTD only went on sale at the mint on the day, at 2pm(?) on 6 Feb. However, other places had it available for pre-order from 6 Jan along with the other coins.

32 minutes ago, refero said:

i a am bit confused...

They will all be available to pre-order on Monday, including the SOTD Sovereign. I know of at least one dealer that is getting an allocation of the Sovs, so it won't just be on RM.

I'm currently trying to get some clarity from RM on actual shipping dates on this range. My initial opinion (led to believe) was Monday 24th is just pre-orders for the full range, with shipping in a few weeks time (end of May/into June kind of timeline). All of their public communication however suggest maybe some of them are actually ready to go. They say things like 'The Coronation of His Majesty King Charles III UK Coin Collection will be available from 9am on 24 April.' rather than available to pre-order. There have been videos released of the coins in production too, so who knows, maybe some will start shipping immediately, and just the SOTD Sovs will be up for pre-order. Could also just the poor communication as normal from RM 😅

I'll hopefully know more before the end of the week, or if others have answers, do let me know.

17 minutes ago, refero said:

apart from RM which dealers will have the Coronation coins on sale /pre orders on Monday? I m only after the SotD sovereign but i couldnt find any solid info on that, best

The only two I've been able to confirm so far is BullionByPost and Chards.

34 minutes ago, refero said:

apart from RM which dealers will have the Coronation coins on sale /pre orders on Monday? I m only after the SotD sovereign but i couldnt find any solid info on that, best

I saw a YouTube video yesterday made by The Britannia Coin Company of Royal Wootton Bassett and at the end of it they stated they would be taking orders on Monday for the Coronation coins, but I'm not sure whether this includes the SOTD sovereign.