• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 Sovereign design - What say you?

westminstrel

What reverse design would your preference be for the 2023 Sovereign?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What reverse design would your preference be for the 2023 Sovereign?

• St. George and the Dragon
    • Special one-off design

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/10/22 at 02:38

6 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

Special reverse and a new monarch? As long as the proofs are limited numbers I would say these will be must buys.

Totally agreed. I hope the RM doesn’t do the sales window thing. The Proof Sovereigns should remain exclusive imo since the Sovereign already has a bullion equivalent whose mintage is unlimited. The Sovereign is unlike the memorial coins in this regard. 

4 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Totally agreed. I hope the RM doesn’t do the sales window thing. The Proof Sovereigns should remain exclusive imo since the Sovereign already has a bullion equivalent whose mintage is unlimited. The Sovereign is unlike the memorial coins in this regard. 

They won't :)

But, it looks like they are doubling up with the plain edge...

9 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

How do you know this? Speak up! 😀

Whatever other rubbish/scams they may pull out Proof Sovs are sacrosanct. It will be a high mintage probably, but no way unlimited.

(They're obviously going to double/treble up on plain edges, SotDs etc - but the Proof will remain 'intact'.)

I would bet my house on it :)

Edited by kimchi

5 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Whatever other rubbish/scams they may pull out Proof Sovs are sacrosanct. It will be a high mintage probably, but no way unlimited.

(They're obviously going to double/treble up on plain edges, SotDs etc - but the Proof will remain 'intact'.)

I would bet my house on it :)

I agree with all you’ve said and I sincerely hope you are right on this. ☺️

I wonder if the plain edge will be released at the same time, or later in the year around the Coronation?

59 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I agree with all you’ve said and I sincerely hope you are right on this. ☺️

I wonder if the plain edge will be released at the same time, or later in the year around the Coronation?

I’d love a  1902 style acid dipped matte set 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, flyingveepixie said:

Question  @LawrenceChard  : is the 'Ich Dien' statement unique to Charles or is it a Prince of Wales thing..??

Good question.

It is the motto of the Prince of Wales, so may now be irrelevant to Charles

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

3 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

Here is our third mockup design for a 2023 gold sovereign reverse design:

2023goldsovereignMOCKUPalternativerevcrop.thumb.jpg.6a80d7d97ef9410ef8708295c2978242.jpg

Thoughts?

😎

I really really like it!

Lets get our mate barry to petition the RM so make it.....

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

14 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

Here is our third mockup design for a 2023 gold sovereign reverse design:

2023goldsovereignMOCKUPalternativerevcrop.thumb.jpg.6a80d7d97ef9410ef8708295c2978242.jpg

Thoughts?

😎

Now this is the type of bold intricate design that the older engravers used to come up with. 👏🏽 

And it works especially well on a Sovereign where it can take up the whole face as the legend can be completely on the obverse.

I believe if John Bergdahl is the designer of the 2023 Sovereign, we could get something along these lines.