• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

How are you currently buying silver?

Bigmarc

Waiting for a dip? Or pound cost average?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. The bears seem to be out everywhere so I am just trying to gauge the general feeling.

• Waiting for a significant dip with cash on the side
    • Still pound cost averaging regardless of the general mood of the markets.

13 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

Thought I would do a poll to see what members are currently doing, are the pound cost averagers still averaging, or seeing how the land lies. 

Still buying because it's always been a longterm savings plan. 

If gold drops then,hopefully I'm in a position to buy more.

If gold rises I'd rather have it , than a pile of cash which is depreciated by the day.

Yes there's a high probability that gold drops, but an even more likelihood it breaks £2k within 5 years.

If it all goes t#ts up.. I will melt it all into a cube and sell it as art to some museum ️ 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

• Bigmarc changed the title to How are you currently buying silver?

Neither of the above. I just look at my spreadsheet and see which dates I need and then ask myself two questions:

1) Can I afford this?

2) Is it a decent enough grade/price?

If the answer to both is yes, then I buy it. No thought given to resale value whatsoever. I'm going to be buried with my coins. 😁

Just picked up some more low grade George IV and William IV half crowns.

I am only buying, reluctantly, what I need to continue sets and date runs of silver coins.
For new stackers the price of silver is much cheaper than some of us oldies paid so perhaps on the longer time horizon this is not a bad time to accumulate more, especially when some stackers are starting to unload their inventory ( forced sales ) to pay their mortgages and soon - fuel bills.

Thanks for your votes, nice to see the outcome. 

I have been waiting some time without a purchase and am getting itchy feet. I had been waiting for it to drop below £15 per Oz or the economic outlook to turn but neither seems to be happening so good to get a general feeling. After reading a few articles on the general outlook for 2023 wasn't sure which direction to go in. 

53 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

Thanks for your votes, nice to see the outcome. 

I have been waiting some time without a purchase and am getting itchy feet. I had been waiting for it to drop below £15 per Oz or the economic outlook to turn but neither seems to be happening so good to get a general feeling. After reading a few articles on the general outlook for 2023 wasn't sure which direction to go in. 

Whatever way you chose to go I guarantee with 50% probability it will go the other way.
Most of us seasoned stackers are members of this crystal ball gazing club !

1 minute ago, HillWalkerDundee said:

I have been ill for a nearly  a year and have been struggling to get back to being organised. I expect to start collecting in about two months.

Sorry to hear that and wish you every success moving forward. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

13 hours ago, HillWalkerDundee said:

I expect to start collecting in about two months.

Dundee is very near to me so that's cool as I'd love to save on some postage. My current buying strategy for silver is: check account, deduct expenses, buy some 😃 Think that counts as dollar cost averaging.

Just buy 1oz coins randomly. I started stacking/collecting about 6 months ago and got about 30oz of silver brits and a handfull of royal arms. Want some more Royal Arms as basically, i like em. If the price goes obviously high ill just stick with what ive got.

11 hours ago, artalien said:

Dundee is very near to me so that's cool as I'd love to save on some postage. My current buying strategy for silver is: check account, deduct expenses, buy some 😃 Think that counts as dollar cost averaging.

Hi,

It is good to see a local collector. 

Buying only my date run coins, Chiwoo, Zi Sin, Panda, Kook etc.  I dont see myself buying silver for my stack again unless I can smuggle it into the UK VAT free.   I started buying gold but the price is too high for me.  Just sticking more cash in my S&S ISA at the moment