• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Elizabeth II "Piedfort" Gold Proof Sovereign Platinum Jubilee

Paul

I talked myself into buying the 5 Sovereign piece.  I didn’t want to kick myself for missing it.  So, now, as a tribute to the memory of QEII, I now have the regular proof, SOTD Sovereign, piedfort proof Sovereign, and 5 Sovereign piece.  That’s enough Sovereigns for me!

2 hours ago, JeffM said:

I talked myself into buying the 5 Sovereign piece.  I didn’t want to kick myself for missing it.  So, now, as a tribute to the memory of QEII, I now have the regular proof, SOTD Sovereign, piedfort proof Sovereign, and 5 Sovereign piece.  That’s enough Sovereigns for me!

Just need a bullion sovereign to make the whole set of 4 in the same diameter 

23 hours ago, Mtaybar said:

Just need a bullion sovereign to make the whole set of 4 in the same diameter 

Since I've gone this far, I should get the bullion Sovereign.  But, I really don't collect bullion, and for some reason it doesn't appeal to me that much.  Now, if someone were to sell me one for the price of a postage stamp, I would certainly reconsider!

1 minute ago, QStack said:

Nice coin. Whats it on for? Sovs look much nicer with the matte finish. Why cant they all be like that??

No price on bookerty face. Just showing its arrival. You can buy a pre graded 70 from coin connection for 2995 when I looked last week 

Due for delivery November 

23 minutes ago, Paul said:

Spotted on bookerty face 

FB_IMG_1664985561528.jpg

The finish on these are sublime, they are not really matte, they are more satin then matte. 

1 minute ago, Paul said:

No price on bookerty face. Just showing its arrival. You can buy a pre graded 70 from coin connection for 2995 when I looked last week 

Due for delivery November 

That’s the new RM RRP for a 70?  Buy them ! 

8 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

The finish on these are sublime, they are not really matte, they are more satin then matte. 

That’s the new RM RRP for a 70?  Buy them ! 

2635 was the RRP launch price for the 5 bu Matt 

1 hour ago, Ted1945 said:

Now £2,900 on rm site 😛

The RM has a wide network of dealers it uses for its secondary market buy-backs apparently. The premiums they pay for this service is probably quite high which might explain why their prices are so high. I didn't realize that the RM had a nearly 25% stake in 'Sovereign Rarities' for example, and of course its profits! At least they have connections to sovereign experts with free consultancy?......

Perhaps the RM should have put aside a few sovereigns each year over the past 200 years so it would by now have its own home grown historic collection to sell and keep all the profit?!! Too late now I'm afraid......

I just got my 2022 annual BU set that I ordered after QEII passed away.  It was supposed to come in December, but I got it already.  Beautifully displayed set in a folder.  Something to definitely hold on to.

Edited by JeffM

So been told today by the mint that they can't honour my replacement piedfort as they have none left in stock. I came so close to owning the last proof coin with Queen Elizabeth II on it that I feel pretty gutted it slipped through my fingers. I have a perfect sotd though so that's my own momento that I'll keep for the long term, hopefully forever. Congrats to all you lucky devils that managed to get them at original RRP. I'm sure they'll be one of the highly collectible coins in years to come. Onto the next one.

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

So been told today by the mint that they can't honour my replacement piedfort as they have none left in stock. I came so close to owning the last proof coin with Queen Elizabeth II on it that I feel pretty gutted it slipped through my fingers. I have a perfect sotd though so that's my own momento that I'll keep for the long term, hopefully forever. Congrats to all you lucky devils that managed to get them at original RRP. I'm sure they'll be one of the highly collectible coins in years to come. Onto the next one.

It's ironic that they replaced SOTD's ( how is that even possible 🤔 unless they minted extra knowing they have quality problems)

But they don't appear to have any extras of these.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

7 minutes ago, James32 said:

It's ironic that they replaced SOTD's ( how is that even possible 🤔 unless they minted extra knowing they have quality problems)

But they don't appear to have any extras of these.

I think the queen passing away has created somewhat of a run on these. People came flocking to grab the last of anything they could to either keep or flog on. I expect they have people on a waiting list to sell them at their increased price to. I could ask them to send it back but knowing it isn't 100% will give me sleepless nights so I'd rather get the refund and move on to something else. I have so many things I want that I don't know which way to go 🤣

41 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

Crawley Coins might still have some Piedfort coins ??