• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Stacking goals?

I'm adjusting my stacking strategy, to focus on sovereigns for 2022 (specifically the 2022 bullion full), so I'm going to set some ambitious goals to measure against:

1. 25 x 2022 Full Sovereigns
  2. 50 x 2022 Full Sovereigns
  3. 100 x 2022 Full Sovereigns
  4. 1kg X 2022 Full Sovereigns (~136)

Based on previous year's stacking, I should reasonably be able to achieve #1, but gonna really push for #2.

If I manage to "flip" some of my other gold bullion (and even some silver), there is a outside chance of #3, but isn't that what a goal is for? :D 

I would like to pick up another 5 bullion sovs to give me a little more diversification in my stack, other than that, the target is at least 5 Oz of gold. Im bullion focused so not too fussy what form it takes, i think the choice will mostly be driven by % over spot.

My wish list for 2022:

2022 bullion sovereign

2022 bullion double sovereign, assuming the RM makes it

2022 1 oz Gold Standard bullion coin, if the RM actually does make it this year

2022 10 oz Silver QB Completer coin, assuming the RM makes it

Ideally a 2022 BU quintuple sovereign but I won't lose too much sleep if I cannot get one

Maybe one of each of the 1 oz Gold bullion Tudor Beasts that will be released in 2022

And if these come out from the RM:

A 2022 1 oz Platinum bullion coin to commemorate the Platinum Jubilee

Any 1 oz Gold / 10 oz Silver bullion bars in the RM Great Engravers series, like the Una & The Lion bars released in 2021

All the above would be bought for my 'collection' rather than the stack.  If I have any spare money I will buy a few more 2022 bullion sovereigns for the stack.  My 'collection' is quite big and my stack is very small!

Goals:

- stop making unprofitable purchases at auctions 🤦‍♂️

- only buy gold at max 5% premium

- complete the Gillick sov registry set (missing '59 and '64)

- fund any additions to stack by selling existing items (ideally for profit, lol)

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I may try to finish off my date run of the 2010s or Gillick Sovs, other than that, a few 2022s I can trade out in a few years...

I've overshot my x1 per month strategy (started in April) in part due to the 2022 release so aim to reign it in a little as I also hope to get the call on a watch at some point in the year.

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

3 hours ago, modofantasma said:

Personally I'm aiming to overtake Belgium 

Failing that

.. A I'll focus on stacking bullion sovs unless I spot a particularly great deal on other coins for gold. Silver again I'll pick up some of the bargains but ideally bullion coins or old British coinage 

B tidy up the stack a bit sell a few items that don't fit so well anymore and repeat step A

19123.jpeg

If it helps if you have 1 Oz of  gold it's more than Canada's got lol

1 minute ago, FlorinCollector said:

haha. Seen your goal was the Tudor beasts mate. Are are you going for 1/4 golds or silver versions?

Two months is a very long time on here, I don't even remember writing that tripe 🤣🤣

Few sovs/few ozs of gold and all the latest releases lol.

My main objective was to offload some silver and put that money into gold,but I've no patience so done it all arse about face🤣

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

31 minutes ago, James32 said:

Two months is a very long time on here, I don't even remember writing that tripe 🤣🤣

Few sovs/few ozs of gold and all the latest releases lol.

My main objective was to offload some silver and put that money into gold,but I've no patience so done it all arse about face🤣

It would help if you could find someone that wanted to buy all your silver 😗