• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Platinum Jubilee SOTD Sovereign

Zhorro

By the sound of what its like sitting on queue / waiting on line with RM for new releases, their web site saying seems ominous.

Good luck to all wanting to get the SOTD. A special coin for a very special monarch.

Hope the RM phones don't melt down and you aren't on the phone / web site all day.

image.thumb.png.700360b2c767cbc637834833004bc969.png

3 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Anyway King George VI died at 7:30 am GMT on 6 Feb, which is when QE II automatically acceded to the throne. So the 14:30 GMT has no significance as far as I can see. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

It is probably to do with how much overtime the RM has to pay!

9 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

A lot of guess work on release dates for this and the gothic atm

not the usual standard from the forum I must say 😂 

I’m not sure why there’s confusion about the release of the SotD.

I shared the RM email that I received - it clearly states Feb 6 at 14:30 GMT - and there’s been nothing to the contrary to indicate otherwise.

5 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Anyway King George VI died at 7:30 am GMT on 6 Feb, which is when QE II automatically acceded to the throne. So the 14:30 GMT has no significance as far as I can see. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

That will explain why the release price is so dear.

paying RM staff double time for coming in working on a Sunday 

Just now, Paul said:

That will explain why the release price is so dear.

paying RM staff double time for coming in working on a Sunday 

Indeed.  Besides, they’ve also been gradually increasing the prices of the SotDs haven’t they?  I think only the Brexit one was more expensive. But the prices of the rest have all been on an uptrend.

18 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I’m not sure why there’s confusion about the release of the SotD.

I shared the RM email that I received - it clearly states Feb 6 at 14:30 GMT - and there’s been nothing to the contrary to indicate otherwise.

Thanks for clarifying, I must of missed that! I knew someone would be In the know 

and thanks Paul for the link!