• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

2 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

Very happy with today's new arrival! I don't think these are returns, as mine is looking stunning 😍 should have ordered three! 

IMG-0773.thumb.jpg.ba5dfb2705c368275da7a6e36bb17bd5.jpgIMG-0775.thumb.jpg.c83fc6ff62c7f3d1a75ddb7347316695.jpg

Mine arrived too, but I was going to keep the box sealed for a few years🤣 might open later after seeing this.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, James32 said:

Mine arrived too, but I was going to keep the box sealed for a few years🤣 might open later after seeing this.

At least have a look before the returns period is closed 🤣 open with low expectations, like really low, and you can only be pleased! 

78av.gif

1 minute ago, Darr3nG said:

He can always sell it to me, add to my growing collection

Don’t feel too bad that but you overpaid (in retrospect). I think in the long term these will go up in price again and do well.

Unfortunately for some, many of the NGC graded ones have those black funky marks, and more may develop them in future. If yours are still ungraded, you’re already ahead in a way. 😉

I am happy to report that two very lucky people are now the owners of these two spare coins at issue price. 

In addition, a few members honour showing through as I had put an honesty clause in the sales post that only those without any of these coins should buy them and NOT to instantly flip for profit. 

I am an eternal optimist and it's nice to see such honour shining through on this forum.

I enjoyed this good deed, I feel like I might do this more often with Royal Mint releases. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

5 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

3 x portraits just arrived in the post. All look good, on first inspection, except...

Coins #1 and #2, which have consecutive serial numbers, were found to be in capsules which were open.

Coin #1 was stuck at an angle in the bottom part of the capsule, it required careful manouvering to get it to sit back correctly.

Coin #3, which was sealed in its capsule and quite difficult to open, had some particulate/flashing on the portrait side, but this was easily removed.

Looks like I'm adding these to the stack. :) 

Can't get my capsule open to clear a bit of debris, I eat my spinach but seems impossible 🙃 

2 minutes ago, Darr3nG said:

Took quite a bit of force, flat palms twisting... 

Tried that with bare hands and latex free gloves, but it's like they don't want me to open it 😱

I’m curious what the speculation is on long term value of this gothic crown/portrait coin may be.  With all of the people buying just to flip the prices are fairly low right now - what do you think the longer term (5-10 years) upside may be?  It’s a beautiful coin with a design that’s historic and RM superior quality minting.

Una did well, Three Graces not bad, How about this one?  I know it’s just opinion, but let me know.  Thanks

23 minutes ago, Sc391 said:

I’m curious what the speculation is on long term value of this gothic crown/portrait coin may be.  With all of the people buying just to flip the prices are fairly low right now - what do you think the longer term (5-10 years) upside may be?  It’s a beautiful coin with a design that’s historic and RM superior quality minting.

Una did well, Three Graces not bad, How about this one?  I know it’s just opinion, but let me know.  Thanks

24 minutes ago, Sc391 said:

The collectors market is elastic and forever changing month to month.

The more you ride the pm train the more you'll learn.

watch the auctions, watch feebay, watch sales here, feel the sentiment, take the risks you'll win some you'll lose some, you'll never back a winning pm release if you don't participate.  

Inflation is rife, fuel, heating, rent, interest, food take your pick everyone is affected in some way or it's shaping your judgment.  All time high gold prices to

Not the best environment for bidded up mega prices at the mo. 

The unloved / out of favour / flippers pieces of today may be the wanted pieces of years to come.

Been so many lovely pieces out in past 2 years qb completer,3  grace, 2022 sovereigns, jubilee issues, gothics crowns. The market is flooded currently. Once these are not readily avaible in 5-10 years you'll know the true market value once they show up every 6-12 months for sale. hope this helps :)

Paul

Thanks for your thoughts.  I’m mostly a collector- sell a few now and then- so I’m not overly concerned about short term gains.  I have all the coins you mentioned above which I purchased because they are unique and special.  I hope they increase based on their beauty, but even if they don’t I still get to appreciate them as a bit of history I can hold in my hand.

2 hours ago, Sc391 said:

Paul

Thanks for your thoughts.  I’m mostly a collector- sell a few now and then- so I’m not overly concerned about short term gains.  I have all the coins you mentioned above which I purchased because they are unique and special.  I hope they increase based on their beauty, but even if they don’t I still get to appreciate them as a bit of history I can hold in my hand.

Just look at the 1989 proof sovereign Royal mint couldn't shift them for love nor money to start with now their asking 2.5k. I agree with everything Paul said excluding the 2022 sovereign design. My proof got sent back the same day it arrived. 

Received a 2oz portrait today from the mint. Looks great on first inspection although the capsule was open on delivery. On closer inspection it looks like tiny amounts of frosting are missing in the writing on the obverse and there's a tiny mark on the reverse above the crown. 

What your thoughts guys? Worthy of a return or only minor issues so keep it. Any help/advice appreciated 

IMG_20220331_113155_edit_1871787012947199.jpg

IMG_20220331_113250.jpg

IMG_20220331_141640.jpg

IMG_20220331_113135_edit_1871814859283132.jpg

Edited by Chrispringle85

On 30/03/2022 at 12:59, BackyardBullion said:

I am happy to report that two very lucky people are now the owners of these two spare coins at issue price. 

In addition, a few members honour showing through as I had put an honesty clause in the sales post that only those without any of these coins should buy them and NOT to instantly flip for profit. 

I am an eternal optimist and it's nice to see such honour shining through on this forum.

I enjoyed this good deed, I feel like I might do this more often with Royal Mint releases. 

Edited by Hanz
Apologies BYB. I quoted your post in error.

Today I wrote to my account manager, tryingmy luck for a quartered arms Gothic Crown. She said none was available but offer a three coins gothic crown set for £40k.

Phoned customer service, checked stocks for portrait and quartered arms Gothic Crown. Both were still available in 2oz and 5 oz. I managed to put an order in for each 2oz and 5 oz, respectively. Feels unreal. Unbelievable.