• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

54 minutes ago, MickB said:

Buying from the Royal Mint seems to be like buying event tickets where you can't get hold of the tickets you want as they've been snapped up by the likes of Ticketmaster, so you're either forced to buy from them at a premium or just walk away empty handed.

It is actually worse than that...  Ticket Master is at least transparent at what is going on - Coins from Royal Mint - not so much

20 minutes ago, BarryWoods said:

Biggest Brand in the world 1000 years older than Cartier. and the Royal Mint is pulling a "Ratner".. sad really

Rather strange thing to say. If people who purchased first from mint haven’t got the second then they need to say something, anyone who bought the first from other places  really should know better . Try going back to whoever they bought it of for the second. Still, keeps people busy until tomorrow and the next round of speculation 

1 minute ago, FlorinCollector said:

@BarryWoods Youve had an absolute meltdown today mate. Id say you have the better half of the 2 coins already. 

it happens to us all at times... frustration is a killer 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

33 minutes ago, goldhunter said:

contacted my AM today as my gold 2oz plain Portrait was not in my open orders but my 2oz silver is. AM told me it is because plain edge is not being released until next month.

i was told March to my RM account manager, when i spoke to him in December when he was explaining the initial "plain edge" offering

It is a different minting schedule/commission, not alongside todays releases

10 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

@BarryWoods Youve had an absolute meltdown today mate. Id say you have the better half of the 2 coins already. 

I just mentioned to the Customer Engagement Manager that now might be a good time to tell the  CEO and executive management team, what is going on.. LOLZ

And I'm going to bet the Royal Mint social media team don't look at replies to their twitter account.

I don't want the coins I have, the whole way these coins reach the consumer, is an utter scandal. 

1 minute ago, BarryWoods said:

I just mentioned to the Customer Engagement Manager that now might be a good time to tell the  CEO and executive management team, what is going on.. LOLZ

And I'm going to bet the Royal Mint social media team don't look at replies to their twitter account.

I don't want the coins I have, the whole way these coins reach the consumer, is an utter scandal. 

Give them to me and I promise I won't sell them ( this week) 😁

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

5 minutes ago, BarryWoods said:

melting them down is all they are worth.. How does a dealer, get to sell a 5 oz coin at a 10k mark up on launch day - not secondary market.. is there such a thing as RRP!

Yeah we joke but I can only imagine the anger you feel.

Best bit of advice I can give is.....sell them and drink the money ( all in one night)

Get someone to video it and stick on YouTube....you will be coin less but you will go viral!

Edited by James32

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

5 minutes ago, BarryWoods said:

melting them down is all they are worth.. How does a dealer, get to sell a 5 oz coin at a 10k mark up on launch day - not secondary market.. is there such a thing as RRP!

Just now, James32 said:

Yeah we joke but I can only imagine the anger you feel.

Best bit of advice I can give is.....sell them and drink the money ( all in one night)

Get someone to video it and stick on YouTube....you will be coin less but you will go vital.

Same as everyone else. Can only sell like that if someone willing to pay.

LOL - Pre-orders only at the dealer - how did you get these - sorry sir can't tell l you..

Do the Royal Mint really make a note of which coins are - first Strike and how are you selling a graded coin as a pre order...

What mark up wil there be, vs RRP at Royal Mint..

LOLZ

+ dodgy as ****

Gothic Crown Portrait - First Strike......JPG

1 hour ago, westminstrel said:

I think the next continuing thing will be the British Monarchs. and it will continue to be the main series till the end of this year.

Perhaps April / May will also see the second Tudor Beasts.

Then there’ll be the random commemorations of famous people interspersed, until we get to the end of the year.

Mid year will probably be the Five Sovereign.

Second half of the year will also see the third Tudor Beasts. Ugh!

If the rumour about the Reddite Crown is true, I expect it to be around November / December. That’s usually been when the Great Engravers coins have been released. UGHH!!

And year end will also see the 2023 Sovereign. UGGGGHHHH!!!

People will need second and third jobs to keep up.

Never mind all that rubbish,got the last 3 winnie the pooh this year. 😁

45 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

Sod it, i'm emailing Anne to ask if she has any gold Una's kicking about her desk! 

I know she has two that she keeps in her pocket.  She loves the clinking noise as she walks.

7 minutes ago, BarryWoods said:

So.. it seems that Coins delaers can be Mint Marque Customer as well as private individuals...... had a long chat with one, who was very informative...

This is not looking good for Royal Mint.......

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-4647352/Royal-Mint-buys-stake-Sovereign-Rarities-Limited.html

This will help your case if you were unaware - who have always seem to have stock of desirable/in demand pieces 🙄🙄 🙄🙄