• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

3 minutes ago, Paul said:

Grained edge was offered on BCC

2oz gold Milled edge mintage in this format 350, total max mintage 411

2oz gold 'plain-edge is 125 mintage

Ah thanks Paul. I saw the Agaunews state the mintage was 411 so I was confused.

I’m trying to gauge how many they are holding back for “sets”.

1 minute ago, Altitudes said:

The plain edge is going to be amazing I would say. Would have been excellent to see a few in silver as well.

I'm good at making custom one of a kind RM products. Send me your proof and i will return it with a plain edge 🤓 @GoldDiggerDavecan vouch for this!  

78av.gif

1 hour ago, SeatonKev said:

Been in the queue since early morning. Nipped out to the shop, should have only taken 10 mins. Saw an old boy fall and bang his head so stood with him for an hour until help came. Get back home, place at front of the queue expired!!!

I'm such a lucky lucky man. 

Something similar happened to me several years ago.

Years down the line, you'll find what you did was the more rewarding experience. 👍

1 minute ago, westminstrel said:

Ah thanks Paul. I saw the Agaunews state the mintage was 411 so I was confused.

I’m trying to gauge how many they are holding back for “sets”.

Been curious about how they'll package the set and what the quality of the original Crown will be. Perhaps a graded set?

2 hours ago, apachebleu said:

I assume my big order cooked up and will be refunded. 

Pretty terrible though I was 230 something in the queue, got on 4 minutes past and there was bugger all, guess most went to dealers and preffered customers. I expected that to an extent and don't begrudge people who got in that way, I'd do exactly the same if I had the chance

Well just spoke to the mint and I got the 2oz gold. 

I'm stunned, sorry to all that didn't get what they wanted, I actually feel a little guilty as a new guy here that somehow lucked in to the front of the line.

The 5 soverign set and the gothic crown...what a lucky year

3 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Speaking of sets, I hear they were going to issue a three coin set - with an original as part of it. Not clear if that is true or not.....

Yes, with the original 1947 coin. Which means it will be waaaaay overpriced (for me anyway!)

2 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

I'm stunned, sorry to all that didn't get what they wanted, I actually feel a little guilty as a new guy here that somehow lucked in to the front of the line.

Congratulations - that is amazing! I spoke with my account manager who could not help and he knows I have been wanting one - so massive, massive congrats to you for having someone at the Mint who was able to sell you one! Super pleased for you! 

3 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

Hope you asked for the smooth edge 🤓

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

4 minutes ago, Altitudes said:

Been curious about how they'll package the set and what the quality of the original Crown will be. Perhaps a graded set?

The site does have a graded 1847 which seems to have some recently.

However I know they also sold a raw 1847 some time back.

So either is a possibility.

6 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

Congratulations 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

5 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Could someone please share the links to the specific pages for each coin?

All links except for the 5 Oz silver are taking me back to the home page.

I still have hope that if I keep refreshing I may get lucky. 😬

Here’s the link to the 2oz.

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/events/the-great-engravers/gothic-crown/gothic-crown-quartered-arms-2oz-silver-proof-coin/

17 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

Well done ! the 2oz gold will do well, ive no doubt

Do you have a RM account manager @apachebleu ? or was your call just to customer services/sale team

1 minute ago, Robda1986 said:

So that's the first bit done now we've just got to wait to see how many orders get cancelled 😰

Mintages are so low with high demand. You'll be a lucky lucky person to secure off the back of a cancellation.

1 minute ago, Mtaybar said:

I just tried calling the royal mint again on the off chance and they have an automated message saying "if you're calling to order the Gothic crown, please be advised all lines are now sold out" 

Its strange how this all works 🤷‍♂️ people have phoned after all stock gone but still secured orders...others cant even get the call answered lol

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

15 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Congratulations - that is amazing! I spoke with my account manager who could not help and he knows I have been wanting one - so massive, massive congrats to you for having someone at the Mint who was able to sell you one! Super pleased for you! 

It wasn't someone selling me it, I ordered it online but got no confirmation, the site was glitching so I assumed the order didn't go through and the call was to verify the status.