• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

22 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

Can't go wrong with the bullion I might add. I think with the holographic background they actually look better than the proof. 

i'm just collecting the 1 and 1/4oz gold bullion coins in this series.....its looking a lot less stress. 

@modofantasma  the gold bullion version of these coin imo are better looking than the proof coins, what I call the  “micro-dot” fields are really attractive and make the coin pop…..I know these are only supposed to be an investment product as a back handed compliment to the RM they are almost too good just to be bullion. 

So I cancelled my 2 continuity sets I had on order with the mint. I asked about the boxes and she said they are coming with the next release now. I complained about their quality standards and their lack of fulfillment on their sales incentives. Half an hour later I had this sent to me. Such a nice set ruined for me. 

IMG_20220907_153412.jpg

Screenshot_2022-09-07-15-32-52-65_56514063904998099a7290fdb861fa95.jpg

@theroyalmint can you just buy the fekin boxes from B&Q ffs and send them out?🤣

Edit.. the box will come with the completer which isn't part of the continuity set so therefore we are no longer entitled 😃

Edited by James32

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Wonder what their threshold is for sending out an email to everyone like this. Really it should have been sent out prior to anyone being charged for the latest coin. They'd save themselves a lot of customer service work if they kept customers up to date about items they've ordered. Perhaps they didn't think people would care about the box but I'm willing to bet most of us signed up for the continuity option at least partially because of the box. Either way they need to get better with how they communicate with their customers... it shouldn't take loads of us complaining for them to send out a communication like this.

21 minutes ago, blackadder said:

I think it took tons of people cancelling for them to wake up.

I'm still considering it with mine. Still within the window I could return the latest and cancel the rest of the series. Its just so frustrating feeling like I'm being taken for a ride by a company like this. They need to stop resting on theur laurels and finally get the customer service side of the business right.

4 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

I'm still considering it with mine. Still within the window I could return the latest and cancel the rest of the series. Its just so frustrating feeling like I'm being taken for a ride by a company like this. They need to stop resting on theur laurels and finally get the customer service side of the business right.

In my opinion it's not the customer service side that's the problem (although it can be less than great at times)

The real issue here is that they seem to have little to no idea how to project manage effectively. Blaming suppliers in delays for over 12 months is not acceptable and the inability for them to get a release to market without quality issues and mistakes.

I suspect as with all organisations that have been around for a long time and that go through a period of growth and change they cannot handle the changes.

Hire the right people, effect change and the results will follow.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Ha, really interestingly I have seen two vacancies on Royal Mint careers that I could knock out of the park, maybe they should hire me 😂

£27,000 per annum for a social media exec

£40,000 per annum for a project Manager.

Honestly, they need to be paying double (or in my opinion triple) these rates to attract the kind of people they need.

Screenshot_20220907-212914.thumb.png.58f93f34abb2ecba4c59942d2076d207.png

Screenshot_20220907-212941.thumb.png.583cced4123ec6b6cf0226c78a4c1be3.png

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Just got this after my box email yesterday. Its a shambles. 
But at least I am getting back the £20 additional.
My guess its they have had a lot of people cancel the subscription.  

Given the amount of stuff on here, someone is in for a rollocking. 

Untitled.png

14 hours ago, Silverlocks said:

It's possible that there are institutional impediments that prevent the issues from being fixed. 

Unfortunately, 'Hire the right people' is the hard part.

This is so true, especially in civil service or government linked companies. 
Its hard enough to sack the tea lady or cleaner - so sacking a wiley senior executive is impossible unless they really screw up. 

Edited by Stacktastic

5 hours ago, Stacktastic said:

Just got this after my box email yesterday. Its a shambles. 
But at least I am getting back the £20 additional.
My guess its they have had a lot of people cancel the subscription.  

Given the amount of stuff on here, someone is in for a rollocking. 

Untitled.png

This is so true, especially in civil service or government linked companies. 
Its hard enough to sack the tea lady or cleaner - so sacking a wiley senior executive is impossible unless they really screw up. 

Yeah they ****ed that up too

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Quick question I have two subscriptions with the Royal mint. 

If spot price goes up to £35 an ounce so will the cost of the coins? I assume yes.
I know I can cancel my subscription, but I do feel like we get the better ones as I have not had a single coin that has issues. 

Would make sense to stop my subscription and buy at a later date. 

Edited by Stacktastic

47 minutes ago, James32 said:

If they follow the proofs, could be the greyhound.

Screenshot_20230115-103611.png

According to this proclamation from last summer it should be the Black Bull Of Clarence. I guess, there will be a new one with the effigy of Charles. 

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/4114730

Just now, dikefalos said:

According to this proclamation from last summer it should be the Black Bull Of Clarence. I guess, there will be a new one with the effigy of Charles. 

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/4114730

That @LawrenceChard is a wrongun!

I like to buy the pre-dip dip