• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

13 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Sorry to read that - perhaps the Royal Mint have decided to start using ships again. Maybe it is on a Mayflower style boat sailing through the South Atlantic as we speak? Kind of romantic but properly annoying. 

Does that mean my internet order was sent using a Raven and letter to the RM?

2 minutes ago, danmc82 said:

Does that mean my internet order was sent using a Raven and letter to the RM?

I'm starting to think the RM are not in Wales at all!

But are a car body repair shop in venezuela with a side hussle!!

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Just now, danmc82 said:

This is becoming a joke. They told me mine would be dispatched within the next couple of days.

Awaiting stock? From where, Narnia.

🤣🤣🤣🤣  have patience there's cars to fix also!!

As I mentioned on the previous page, I was told they minted a certain % of the total number and now have to play catch up actually minting the full number…etc etc….I was told by January and probably before Christmas by one fella on customer services.

What I now have is images of part time minimum wage yoofs who dont care being hired for a few weeks to stuff the coins into the boxes without care……yikes ! Hope that is not true because that is the only part of the process The Royal Mint do not show us on their glossy magazines or flash youtube videos…..making me immediately suspicious.

If enough customers demanded to know the packaging process and more importantly, by whom (!) when they have a “hit” on their hands, we might get to see the truth.

Edited by Oldun

3 minutes ago, Oldun said:

As I mentioned on the previous page, I was told they minted a certain % of the total number and now have to play catch up actually minting the full number…etc etc….I was told by January and probably before Christmas by one fella on customer services.

What I now have is images of part time minimum wage yoofs who dont care being hired for a few weeks to stuff the coins into the boxes without care……yikes ! Hope that is not true because that is the only part of the process The Royal Mint do not show us on their glossy magazines or flash youtube videos…..making me immediately suspicious.

If enough customers demanded to know the packaging process when they have a “hit” on their hands, we might get to see the truth.

Yeah said that they dont Mint the full number straight off with the Tudor Beasts as well so seems to be their MO.  I think its odd to do that for the Jubileee Sovereign though as they must have had an idea of the level of interest whereas the Tudors are a completely new range (so less easy to predict demand).

They tried to deliver mine today..... I'm in the states so I wasn't there to answer the door. Now it's sitting on a shelf in the delivery office waiting for me to pick it up once I'm home. 

Edited by Mtaybar
Spelling

4 hours ago, danmc82 said:

Same with mine. Dont panic like I did 😄 I rang the RM twice and my bank to find out what had happened.

Pending payment only stays on the system for so many days until it drops back into your account, then shows as no transaction. This is normal apparently 🙂

Your jealousy is blinded by reason 🤣

Just checked my bank and in the same position, glad I've seen this post or I'd have wasted some time on the phone this afternoon!

On release day I wasn’t sure about the design, but having them in hand is another matter, absolutely terrific. 

I enjoyed taking the photos of them, but the trouble is that now I can see the imperfections more easily. Just with your eye it’s hard to spot, even with a loupe and knowing where to look. Although light conditions matter, sunlight is the least forgiving.

Coin 1 has a bit of frosting missing in a couple of the teeth(?) below the date. 

Coin 2 had more missing frosting, main points being the unicorn elbow/mane/horn, lion atop the crown and parts of the date.

F8EE2007-94C9-4480-95CE-54621E972325.jpeg

E0902A59-85B1-485C-901C-D5FDFA301743.jpeg

C5ED0977-3695-49A2-85E5-F55A9C96BC87.jpeg

8FA38A6B-24D7-4D0B-A214-62F48C3D8538.jpeg

10 minutes ago, DdraigAur said:

On release day I wasn’t sure about the design, but having them in hand is another matter, absolutely terrific. 

I enjoyed taking the photos of them, but the trouble is that now I can see the imperfections more easily. Just with your eye it’s hard to spot, even with a loupe and knowing where to look. Although light conditions matter, sunlight is the least forgiving.

Coin 1 has a bit of frosting missing in a couple of the teeth(?) below the date. 

Coin 2 had more missing frosting, main points being the unicorn elbow/mane/horn, lion atop the crown and parts of the date.

F8EE2007-94C9-4480-95CE-54621E972325.jpeg

E0902A59-85B1-485C-901C-D5FDFA301743.jpeg

C5ED0977-3695-49A2-85E5-F55A9C96BC87.jpeg

8FA38A6B-24D7-4D0B-A214-62F48C3D8538.jpeg

Will you keep??

2 minutes ago, DdraigAur said:

Almost definitely coin 1, unsure about coin 2. Tbh I don’t really want to play return roulette but it depends if it bugs me anymore.

Yeah I'm thinking the same tbh, who know what we would get in return if anything. 

36 minutes ago, Alz111 said:

For all who are waiting I’ve just received a email saying that my 3 coin set is going to be delivered tomorrow
so maybe you will be receiving emails soon 

So….waiting 3 days for the mailman and today my wife told me…bad news….the money for the coin was returned in the bank account…..😩🤯.  I called RM and….a very nice girl told me that  my order was in process (nothing to worry about) and the coin will be sent over the next 2 days 😂….I bought on 15th….she also said that if there is any imperfection, I can return with no cost 🤞

Apparently RM offers but only coins and PM, but also an experience to teach you how to be patient and grateful…;) 

I do hope you all receive your orders eventually, because this coin in hand is amazing!

Received my 5 coin set yesterday and have had a good look and very happy, seems to me to be about as perfect as you can expect.

The Quintuple Sovereign is something special!!

I am no expert, but surely no coin is absolutely perfect. I look at a coin with the naked eye, then with a loupe 5x maginfication. If there are no discernable marks, scratches etc.. the coin will have a good chance of getting a PF or PR 70,if grading is your thing. Personally I do not have any coins graded.

Anyhow, I feel very lucky to have this set.

It will be worth the wait!

15 minutes ago, Jeffers46 said:

Mine has moved to closed orders and I have a green dispatched sign! hopefully its on the way coinsters! No dispatch email yet though, and the money has not been taken.

I had my money refunded which made me worried. Then my set was put into closed orders with a green dispatch as well. They tried to deliver it yesterday morning but I wasn't there to take it so it's waiting for me to pick it up at the post office when I'm back. Yours should be fine.... You'll have it by Friday I'd imagine. Hopefully sooner🤞

Just now, Mtaybar said:

I had my money refunded which made me worried. Then my set was put into closed orders with a green dispatch as well. They tried to deliver it yesterday morning but I wasn't there to take it so it's waiting for me to pick it up at the post office when I'm back. Yours should be fine.... You'll have it by Friday I'd imagine. Hopefully sooner🤞

They are yet to take the payment again as well so I'm quids in at the moment .... Let's hope they do a classic RM fk up and forget to take the money 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I doubt they will fk up that detail but one can hope 🤣🤣