• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

1 minute ago, Foster88 said:

I cannot believe this is how my proof 2022 sovereign has arrived.

This is how it looked when I opened the box. Why aren’t RM using the screw capsules anymore!!!! 😩

How the hell has this happened, I’m so annoyed and disappointed.

973278F3-47C5-40EC-8482-1EC7828990B0.jpeg

That's a pretty unpleasant surprise.

Did it manage to survive the disco unscathed?

4 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

This is how it looked when I opened the box. Why aren’t RM using the screw capsules anymore!!!! 😩

I can believe it.....disgraceful to say the least.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

I sent this,

Many thanks for your reply. I do look forward to seeing the extra measures to secure the coins in their capsules upon their arrival and I thank you for making sure this is done. 

As I said, the internet is filling up with pictures and stories of a lack of quality control regarding packaging by The Royal Mint of the 2022 sovereigns and i am very pleased that you will be adding extra measures for my coins for the long journey. If you wish me to send you links to the various pictures and accounts of the lack of quality control regarding the packaging, do please let me know and I will email them to you for your records. 

Once again, many thanks in advance for going the extra mile regarding the coins being sent to me. It is greatly appreciated. 

Yours, 

Edited by Oldun

9 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

Yoofs being paid minimum wage for a few weeks who dont care….

10 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

Why does this happen EVER!

The capsule is literally the single easiest bit of the entire product and it is so so easy to get right but the Royal Mint have gotten it so very wrong.

In addition to the capsules being pretty awful at staying together in transit they seem to be generally quite low quality with marks appearing on them super easy. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Just keep emailing the feck out of them and they will get the point….send pictures, videos you name it and dont stop complaining…I have kept this particular series of emails going into the 20 emails now…everytime they reply I reply….I can keep this going all year until they arrive. 

Edited by Oldun

15 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

When they are on they are difficult to get off. At least I find.

Its amazing they can't get a simple thing right.

Edited by NewCoins

5 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

The capsule is literally the single easiest bit of the entire product and it is so so easy to get right but the Royal Mint have gotten it so very wrong.

In addition to the capsules being pretty awful at staying together in transit they seem to be generally quite low quality with marks appearing on them super easy. 

Yep I have had to open capsules to see if the scratches were on the coin or capsule which wasn’t the norm with previous capsules. Also some seem to open relatively easily but I have two which so far are unopenable (without risk the content flying off across the room)

35 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

That's a pretty unpleasant surprise.

Did it manage to survive the disco unscathed?

It was a very unpleasant surprise but I knew something was amiss as I was opening it and I heard it was loose.

I’m not sure what this disco is you mention. 😬

32 minutes ago, Oldun said:

So, bombard them with actual photos of terrible packaging.

I will contact them and if I’m honest, I’m just disappointed more than anything. Did yours arrive like mine has?

30 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Exactly, I imagine the cost to RM is pence. I couldn’t believe it when I opened the box, god only knows how long it’s been having a ‘party’ out of the capsule.

I haven’t inspected it closely or under the loupe but the shine has been well and truly been taken off for me.

Luckily my half sovereign was ok.

I'm actually starting to dread receiving my coin set because there appear to be more unhappy customers than there are those satisfied. The packaging and quality issues leave me with little confidence that I'll receive what I have asked for. It really has taken the shine off the whole experience tbh.

I have just fired off an email to the CEO anne.jessopp@royalmint.com and Director of Operations leighton.john@royalmint.com

The email is highlighting not only my loose capsule issue but that of a number of others that I have seen over the last few weeks. 

I don't know if I will get a response but I will share if I get any!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

57 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

Such a high premium coin packaged so poorly. Did the person at RM actually placed the coin into the capsule at all !!!? 🤔

8 minutes ago, BiigT said:

I'm actually starting to dread receiving my coin set because there appear to be more unhappy customers than there are those satisfied. The packaging and quality issues leave me with little confidence that I'll receive what I have asked for. It really has taken the shine off the whole experience tbh.

I hope yours arrive ok.

I’m more disappointed if I’m honest. I managed to gently, without touching, get it back in the capsule. Shut the lid and the box lid and didn’t/haven’t looked at it closely since.

It will have to go back more than likely but the shine has been taken off it now. A premium price for a premium product sliding around a case that could have been resolved by a screw cap, it’s not good enough.

16 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

I have just fired off an email to the CEO anne.jessop@royalmint.com and Director of Operations leighton.john@royalmint.com

The email is highlighting not only my loose capsule issue but that of a number of others that I have seen over the last few weeks. 

They were pretty prompt in responding when I did that for the Tudor Beasts. I'm still in the process though of trying to get it resolved so be prepared for it to take a while (still dont have 4 perfect silver coins sitting on my desk yet).

12 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

I have just fired off an email to the CEO anne.jessop@royalmint.com and Director of Operations leighton.john@royalmint.com

That’s a good idea, I’ve emailed several CEO’s over the years when needed to and had swift replies back.

The thing is, my main collection is sovereigns, the anticipation of the 2022 sovereign, reading this thread even!! Then to open the box and be greeted by a sovereign that is not only not in the capsule but the capsule lid is still in place.

I know there are far worse things happening in life but as you and many on here can appreciate this should be one of the joys.

11 minutes ago, Happypanda88 said:

Such a high premium coin packaged so poorly. Did the person at RM actually placed the coin into the capsule at all !!!? 🤔

I have thought this as the lid of the capsule was still in place whilst the sovereign was off on an adventure.

1 hour ago, Foster88 said:

Unfortunately this has been going on for some time, in fact two or three years. A couple of years ago i ordered a gold five pound from them and when the postie handed it to me the parcel had a rattle and i feared the worst. I sent the coin back and had a serious rant and with subsequent orders they had started putting extra foam packing inside the case that stopped the coin from escaping from it's capsule. Not the best of solutions but it seemed to work, the old screw capsule was far superior.

Edited by Fivepoundfred

1 hour ago, Foster88 said:

That's awful I trust there was no damage to the coin....😳😳

20 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Reply already, so I am suitably impressed with this response so far. 

Hello and thank you for taking the time to write to both Anne and Leighton regarding the quality challenges experienced on the Sovereign 2022.

Firstly, on behalf of The Royal Mint I wish to apologise that you have needed to write to explain these very poor quality challenges.

I will be organising an immediate review and investigation and will be able to provide an update within the next 24 hours if not before,

My contact detail is listed below and I will be organising the right teams to support this review.

Best wishes

Bravo 👏 I’m curious to see what update you get within the next day.