• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queens beasts set

14 hours ago, Uksilverstackers said:

Probably the quality of the blanks. My guess would be each version Lion, Bull, Horse etc, are done in a batches and then the die changed for the next one and as blanks are used up are replaced with another batch of different blanks.

Hopefully, someone who works in production could give a better insight.

Since it's happening on both BU and PF coins then I guess it points to the materials (blanks) as the root cause.   

So, very sad to say it seems the "Quality Control" process is really not up to much at all. 

I have just had a really disappointed subscriber of mine that has got in touch sharing these photos of his "re-struck" replacement Queen's Beast set. 

3/10 of the capsules were open when he opened the set, many have milk spots - some of the worst milk spots I have ever seen to be quite honest. Pretty much every single one has black fibres inside the capsules and on the coins to which he described it as "looks like beard shavings" inside the capsules. 

To say he is disappointed is an understatement.

This cannot be a restrike, if it is a restrike and somebody has checked this set to make sure that it is up to scratch (pardon the pun) and then they think it is acceptable to send this out to a customer that has already returned a set for quality issues - well, someone needs the sack. 

Video to follow this weekend talking more about this. 

I have serious questions as to whether the Royal Mint actually even restruck this particular set, or any for that matter. 

QB (1).jpg

QB (2).jpg

QB (3).jpg

QB (4).jpg

QB (5).jpg

QB (6).jpg

QB (7).jpg

QB (8).jpg

QB (9).jpg

QB (10).jpg

QB (11).jpg

QB (12).jpg

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

The beard hair really seems to be a recurring theme here. Possibly someone using electric shavers at work haha.

Honestly, its sad to see what the RM are becoming now. These would be proof coins so their original argument of maintaining a difference between their bullion and proof varieties is null at this point.

Looking forward to your video BYB :) 

7 minutes ago, badar said:

The beard hair really seems to be a recurring theme here. Possibly someone using electric shavers at work haha.

Honestly, its sad to see what the RM are becoming now. These would be proof coins so their original argument of maintaining a difference between their bullion and proof varieties is null at this point.

So, I actually will have two videos on this. My set was actually quite a good improvement, but sadly a few issues led me to return for a refund. 

I was harsh, but complimentary as it seemed they made an effort on my set - maybe they knew it would be on video. 

This persons set 100% has not been checked by a person - and if it has then that is a very bad thing indeed. 

More feedback needs to be shared to the RM otherwise this will never change. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

While people keep buying their inferior coins the RM will keep knocking them out at very high premiums....I havnt purchased anything from them for a long time and won't be in the future...I doubt that my measly purchases will bother them in the slightest but if everyone stopped buying from them it might make them take a step back and wonder why they are not selling as much! But that won't happen ,but something has to change with the products the RM are selling and moreover take a bloody hard look at their Un-quality control dept..Its a joke, and we the customers,collectors,coin enthusiast's are have the PI** taken out of us....'Rant over!!!!

6 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

So, I actually will have two videos on this. My set was actually quite a good improvement, but sadly a few issues led me to return for a refund. 

I was harsh, but complimentary as it seemed they made an effort on my set - maybe they knew it would be on video. 

This persons set 100% has not been checked by a person - and if it has then that is a very bad thing indeed. 

More feedback needs to be shared to the RM otherwise this will never change. 

IMHO your friend has just been given coins that have been sent back by other customers, there is no way that they have been re struck & checked unless RM are still being politically correct & are recruiting from the local blind school again.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

40 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

So, very sad to say it seems the "Quality Control" process is really not up to much at all. 

I have just had a really disappointed subscriber of mine that has got in touch sharing these photos of his "re-struck" replacement Queen's Beast set. 

3/10 of the capsules were open when he opened the set, many have milk spots - some of the worst milk spots I have ever seen to be quite honest. Pretty much every single one has black fibres inside the capsules and on the coins to which he described it as "looks like beard shavings" inside the capsules. 

To say he is disappointed is an understatement.

This cannot be a restrike, if it is a restrike and somebody has checked this set to make sure that it is up to scratch (pardon the pun) and then they think it is acceptable to send this out to a customer that has already returned a set for quality issues - well, someone needs the sack. 

Video to follow this weekend talking more about this. 

I have serious questions as to whether the Royal Mint actually even restruck this particular set, or any for that matter. 

QB (1).jpg

QB (2).jpg

QB (3).jpg

QB (4).jpg

QB (5).jpg

QB (6).jpg

QB (7).jpg

QB (8).jpg

QB (9).jpg

QB (10).jpg

QB (11).jpg

QB (12).jpg

That is absolutely shocking........... I started "collecting" RM goods because I believed they were the best in the world... now every time I order something its like "Russian Roulette". I hope your video has someone from the Mint watching as this is becoming a joke. Is it worth collecting these things anymore? my money is slowly drifting towards order, more robust coins that have a better character and quite honestly, will be around longer than some of these will be.. Shame on you RM

7 hours ago, badar said:

I have often wondered the same thing as well.... glad to know I'm not the only one seeing the beard shavings! 😆

I have spent a bit more time looking at my replacement set with a loupe.

Black fibres aside, at the beginning I was hopeful and willing to take the risk and rectify that myself.

After closer inspection, although they are better than the first set, there are milk spots on a good few of the coins.

Don't get me wrong they aren't significant and are small, but once you know they are there you can see them with the naked eye.

After two sets, first terrible, second probably 95% there (fibres aside) I will be sending them back for a refund.

As much as I wanted this set, that should have been great, I feel a bit worn out by the whole saga and the shine has definitely gone. Even if they offered a perfect set, at this stage I wouldn't be bothered.

It's a great shame but it is what it is.

I too have returned my set for a refund, even though they were an improvement over what I had received initially. I also question if they were "re-struck" and can't see how anyone is actually checking them before being sent out. My replacement set had a few scratches, milk spots and lots of beard shavings, and not one of the capsules was fully closed. 

I've now given up on proof coins, where's the joy in having to deal with all of this each time!

I bet the seller thinks his birthday and Christmas have come together at the same time.....

I noticed at the bottom of his description he said....No Returns! Yeah I bet he is glad he has sold them and doesn't want them back.... Maybe it will be the 1 set out of 300 with no problems.....🤔

We'll see if RM reply to @BackyardBullion's videos but I can only think that the trusting (perfectly decent, hard working people) who don't do their research will buy these thinking they'll hold value. 

That's not to negate from people who buy for pure aesthetic pleasure, but surely, if you have enough to invest nearly £4k then you'd think about how they'd be liquidated another day?

If the person who paid over £3500 has just bought this set on a whim not knowing anything about precious metals and just likes the aesthetics of the coins ok, it's your money to do with what you want. But if it is someone who has some experience and knowledge  of PM's then they are taking a huge gamble and may regret their purchase when it arrives. I hope for his sake that there isn't too many problems with this set...the seller didn't mention any problems with the condition of the coins.....(but why would he)🙄 Caveat emptor!

Those hairs are a bit gross. I just hope they really are from a beard.....

Be interesting to see what these go for on eBay - extremely low reserve. Pictures are not great - certainly not good enough to pay market rate on - but I can see at least one milk spot on the lion. The seller accepts returns.

2 hours ago, Rll1288 said:

My view is... and why I am keeping my set...is that we will know in a few years what the actual sale was and if 30% went back and didn't get resold then the mintage is even lower 🤣

Exactly my own thoughts on this, I also bought the 1/4 Oz set on the secondary market and no discernable problems of any consequence on those. 

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

21 hours ago, Coverte said:

Exactly my own thoughts on this, I also bought the 1/4 Oz set on the secondary market and no discernable problems of any consequence on those. 

I have the 1/4 oz set as well from a dealer and I'm thankful it's in good condition.  Would have loved to get the 2 Oz set for the bigger size (expensive though) but reading about the issues here really gave me pause. 😔