• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New coins coming soon.

6 hours ago, apachebleu said:

I can't imagine what goes through their head producing rubbish like this.

I don't mind the silhouette design (like the Rolling Stones) because it's difficult to capture a good portrait on the coin when the figure(s) are small.  What I'm not crazy about is the colour on the figure.  It cheapens it IMO.  I ordered the 2 oz. silver to keep my collection going and because I have been a fan of Shirley Bassey for many years.  I agree, though, these designs have not been turning too many heads. 

Edited by JeffM

16 minutes ago, Petra said:

Britannia? Bit dubious on that. However the silver and gold versions of the Royal Arms is due out this week.😮🤔

Looks like a brit on the right side to me. I know they already have a 2023 brit but maybe a crowned Kings portrait on it from the 29th and maybe the Royal Arms with a crowned portrait as well?

3 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

Looks like a brit on the right side to me. I know they already have a 2023 brit but maybe a crowned Kings portrait on it from the 29th and maybe the Royal Arms with a crowned portrait as well?

I’ve already ordered the 1/10 gold and the 1oz silver Royal Arms and they don’t have a crown. There may be a different Britannia sprung on us, you never know? Give everyone a chance to buy something without the queues?😮🤔

2023 Niue - Looney Tunes - Wile E. Coyote

ikniu523891_1.thumb.jpg.60eb6d9c4d340f8cb1899e34dcdb5541.jpg

ikniu523891_3.thumb.jpg.1251c261b6ba7bb431a602478b2c549e.jpg

2023 Chad -  AI (Artificial intelligence) Coin

The world’s first silver coin designed by artificial intelligence, a ground-breaking product that combines the beauty of traditional craftsmanship with the cutting-edge power of artificial intelligence. The original drawing has been generated by an AI and represents the AI’s idea of what a silver coin should look like.

AI-2023-reverse.thumb.png.16863b69a9310bad3613aadd741a270a.png

AI-2023-obverse.thumb.png.53210aec145cc1f074945ceafe10dbe0.png

2023 Cameroon - Femina Bellator  - Valkyrie

2-Unzen-Silber-Kamerun-2023-WALKUERE-Femina-Bellator-Antique-Finish-2000-Francs-Neue-Serie-SOLD-OUT-.thumb.jpg.9fd312d5325ed9716b644cf00e8c8ea3.jpg

2-Unzen-Silber-Kamerun-2023-WALKUERE-Femina-Bellator-Antique-Finish-2000-Francs-Neue-Serie-SOLD-OUT-_b5.thumb.jpg.6e6c3f70c476b645a3b49e369ce36995.jpg

17 minutes ago, Petra said:

I’ve already ordered the 1/10 gold and the 1oz silver Royal Arms and they don’t have a crown. There may be a different Britannia sprung on us, you never know? Give everyone a chance to buy something without the queues?😮🤔

You will be needing a bigger match box then 😉

1 hour ago, Mtaybar said:

So the bullion sovereign is released on the 29th and what looks to be the britannia blurred in the background. What the other side do we think.... or does someone already know?

Screenshot_20230626_182422_Yahoo Mail.jpg

https://www.royalmint.com/king-charles-iii/the-coronation-of-his-majesty-king-charles-iii-bullion-coin-range/

35CBE237-DB4B-4B3C-BC42-14AD47CD51B6.jpeg

2F80CAFA-470C-427C-B375-53C4E90C7AA8.jpeg

24 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

See @dvl’s post ☝🏽

We’re getting another Britannia with the crowned portrait.

Oh...will then have 3 different obverse Gold Britannia in 2023, don't know if there will be silver Britannia or not. My box currently already accommodated 2 Britannia, and have to find an extra space for the 3rd, if any😅

IMG_20230603_173127_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230603_173231_HDR.jpg

56 minutes ago, Bruce06 said:

Oh...will then have 3 different obverse Gold Britannia in 2023, don't know if there will be silver Britannia or not. My box currently already accommodated 2 Britannia, and have to find an extra space for the 3rd, if any😅

IMG_20230603_173127_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230603_173231_HDR.jpg

I seem to have lost track and forgotten that there was a 2023 bullion Britannia with the QE II obverse too.

They look great together by the way. 🙂

The britannia is a (nice?) suprise... I guess.

Maybe if i keep saying it, i'll convince myself. But putting the portrait on hundreds of thousands, probably millions of coins makes it less special for me, bearing in mind they havent flogged the last lot of Coronation coins yet, and the proof sovereign is a special!  

But this'll maybe bring some new people into the coin world and its a 'free' variation for those doing there annual bullion pick ups. Lets see what they do with the bullion premiums! 

image.thumb.png.6ccc200efdffc37ccf2de15c0524d3d4.png

Edited by harrygill111

Yes there are truely milking it. As long as there are no more special sovereigns and we go back to uncrowned head on brits after a short period I will forgiven the circumstances. 
It can’t be long until they start working up for the ‘24 Brit’s so this could be a (relatively) small mintage. 

Aaaahhh😉

I would have prefered a 75th birthday issue Sovereign to this. If that coin does happen, what will it be a crowned portrait + privy

its getting silly and in my opinion devalued previous, over priced, over minted Coronation releases even further. 

Edited by harrygill111

3 hours ago, harrygill111 said:

I would have prefered a 75th birthday issue Sovereign to this. If that coin does happen, what will it be a crowned portrait + privy

its getting silly and in my opinion devalued previous, over priced, over minted Coronation releases even further. 

I think the 75th Birthday SotD Sovereign will have the uncrowned portrait on the obverse with St. George and the Dragon on the reverse, making it unique for 2023.

I don’t think they will use the crowned portrait and add a privy. I hope not anyway. 

1 minute ago, westminstrel said:

I think the 75th Birthday SotD Sovereign will have the uncrowned portrait on the obverse with St. George and the Dragon on the reverse, making it unique for 2023.

I don’t think they will use the crowned portrait and add a privy. I hope not anyway. 

Agree - that would be too much! 

But I think the crowned portrait on bullion issues for the year is too much 

3 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Can't see them using the uncrowned head. Not unless they want to milk the bullion market further by issuing a second 2023 sovereign. Think they will stick with the crowned head for all 2023 sovereigns and add a privy mark to distinguish it from the May SOTD coronation sovereign.

9 minutes ago, Olivard said:

Can't see them using the uncrowned head. Not unless they want to milk the bullion market further by issuing a second 2023 sovereign. Think they will stick with the crowned head for all 2023 sovereigns and add a privy mark to distinguish it from the May SOTD coronation sovereign.

Oh no they won’t also release a full 2023 bullion range with the uncrowned portrait. That would be overkill for sure.

But, we shall see about whether the SotD has the uncrowned portrait or the privy. Only four months to go. 😉

41 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Oh no they won’t also release a full 2023 bullion range with the uncrowned portrait. That would be overkill for sure.

But, we shall see about whether the SotD has the uncrowned portrait or the privy. Only four months to go. 😉

Do we even know there will be a SoTD for his birthday?  It's really not that big of a deal.  For sure, I can see them coming out with the typical range of gold and silver coins to mark the occasion, however.  I have absolutely no interest in a SoTD for KCIII's 75th birthday - with or without the crown.