• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New coins coming soon.

3 hours ago, JeffM said:

Do we even know there will be a SoTD for his birthday?  It's really not that big of a deal.  For sure, I can see them coming out with the typical range of gold and silver coins to mark the occasion, however.  I have absolutely no interest in a SoTD for KCIII's 75th birthday - with or without the crown.

I thought they'd already said that they would be doing a birthday SOTD with a low number of coins minted.

7 hours ago, JeffM said:

Do we even know there will be a SoTD for his birthday?  It's really not that big of a deal.  For sure, I can see them coming out with the typical range of gold and silver coins to mark the occasion, however.  I have absolutely no interest in a SoTD for KCIII's 75th birthday - with or without the crown.

3 hours ago, Olivard said:

I thought they'd already said that they would be doing a birthday SOTD with a low number of coins minted.

Nothing is confirmed. It’s just speculation on here because 75 is a milestone birthday and the RM is already celebrating it with a range of coins. And knowing their recent history with double dipping, an SotD seems like something they’d find hard to pass.

I agree though… not something that would normally interest me but is the mintage is lower than the Coronation SotD, which it very well might be, I’ll try to get one. 🫣

Another possible version… crowned portrait with 75 edge serrations. They did serration varieties with the 2017 Sapphire Jubilee SotD, 2017 Platinum Anniversary SotD, and the 2021 Proof Sovereign (90 serrations for QE II’s 90th Birthday). 

21 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

I was wondering why there was a long presale for standard bullion. 🤔

Maybe an expectation that gold price will drop so trying to lock people in to a price now (one I’m happy to - just take my money tomorrow!) I think though that it’s about creating hype around ‘Ltd edition’ bullion coins and inflating sales of those, alongside the launch of the flagship bullion Sov. Maybe also gets in additional sales before people start going on holiday?

Atkinsons do enjoy testing the boundaries of the embargo rules from Royal Mint, surprises me how much they get away with 😅. I'll just say that yes, some of the coins have limited mintages, it's still bullion so its not crazy low, but compared to other bullion coins I suppose they are quite limited. A week's pre-sale is about standard these days for major RM bullion products.

1 hour ago, harrygill111 said:

Atkinsons emailed - they're saying some of the Bullion Coronation range will be "highly limited edition" - anyone know anything further? 

The 1kg gold will probably be a "highly limited edition"!

There is a real danger the RM will undermine the novelty of the existing releases. The 2023 proof sovereign, half, and quarter are still available from the RM.

1 minute ago, paulmerton said:

I would love to know before tomorrow what's going to be available just so I can plan whether I should get a replacement or a refund on my latest return 🤣

Most people would like to be able to plan out their spending full stop!

1 hour ago, ak74 said:

There are rumors the coronated 1oz Britannia mintage will be 10k, and 1oz gold 6 May Coronation coin mintage will be 7.5k

2023_RoyalMint_Coronation-Cypher_Gold_1oz_BU_Reverse.png

Forget rumours! We will find out in one hour thirty five minutes!🤔😁😁

2 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

The mintages are always revealed in their email. See previous post. 🙂

😮🤔I was thinking price, however, the rumours were wrong (again)!

2 hours ago, ak74 said:

There are rumors the coronated 1oz Britannia mintage will be 10k, and 1oz gold 6 May Coronation coin mintage will be 7.5k

2023_RoyalMint_Coronation-Cypher_Gold_1oz_BU_Reverse.png

This is not a Britannia, is it??

8 minutes ago, Petra said:

😮🤔I was thinking price, however, the rumours were wrong (again)!

In all fairness to @ak74, the rumoured mintage of the 1oz gold Coronation coin was correct.

As for the 1oz Britannia, we’ll just have to wait and see if the rumoured mintage is correct. Perhaps it isn’t part of this Atkinson’s release today, which is why it wasn’t in their email.

4 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

In all fairness to @ak74, the rumoured mintage of the 1oz gold Coronation coin was correct.

As for the 1oz Britannia, we’ll just have to wait and see if the rumoured mintage is correct. Perhaps it isn’t part of this Atkinson’s release today, which is why it wasn’t in their email.

It is correct, it's all on the mint's site ready to buy.