• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

New coins coming soon.

2 hours ago, westminstrel said:

The design team is one aspect. Let’s not forget the RM advisory committee who are supposed to be the ones eliciting designs, suggesting changes, and approving the final design.

They must’ve been going for something different with this design, but besides the text itself, it doesn’t really say “The Police” visually. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Thankfully I never got into this series.

(I’m a fan of Sting though. Desert Rain was my teen spice lol.)

yes a missed opportunity to do something  special in so many ways - this is the worst design in the series 

The devil in me would have liked to have seen the words / message Stuart Copeland, drummer ( son of the CIA top cheese) wrote on his drum skins about/ to  Sting,  that at least would have been identifiable to the band 

The RM does such an outstanding on design and minting it just baffles me how or why they crank out issues like the Police or even The Rolling Stones.  Both iconic bands, but the tribute coins are terrible.  How about using some of the time spent on these to produce my 5 oz Petition crown set - ordered and paid in March?

1 hour ago, Sc391 said:

The RM does such an outstanding on design and minting it just baffles me how or why they crank out issues like the Police or even The Rolling Stones.  Both iconic bands, but the tribute coins are terrible.  How about using some of the time spent on these to produce my 5 oz Petition crown set - ordered and paid in March?

I’m waiting too. They’d said these would be minted and shipped out a week or so back. Still no progress though. 

On 24/07/2023 at 04:10, Zhorro said:

Well, there does not seem to be much excitement about The Police release.  Having looked at the design I can see why.  It looks as if the RM design team totally gave up on this issue.

Police.jpg

The back two look to be running in the nude...swaying everywhere

9 minutes ago, DarkChameleon said:

shouldn't it be .9999 not 999.9

There's not much of a standard consensus with it. Technically 999.9 would be the correct choice I believe, as fineness is a milessimal system (thousands), so it is 999.9 fine gold. 9999 is fairly common too, and sometimes you'll see 99.99 if they're going percentage.

10 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

Might not seem new but this is the first bullion gold and platinum koala. Released today.
25,000 mintage for each 

IMG_0194.jpeg

Restricted to Aus and NZ. 

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

52 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

Might not seem new but this is the first bullion gold and platinum koala. Released today.
25,000 mintage for each 

IMG_0194.jpeg

the platinum version has a mintage of 15000

2 minutes ago, Happypanda88 said:

Incorrect. They are available (pre-sale) at LPM, a large Hong Kong bullion dealer.

Yes these guys commission quite a-bit I think. They will filter out to other dealers over time but all will be sourced from LPM. 
Rights with Australia stay with Perth but the majority go to LPM and they have the rest of world rights. 

Edited by Agaupl

Aaaahhh😉

3 hours ago, Agaupl said:

Yes these guys commission quite a-bit I think. They will filter out to other dealers over time but all will be sourced from LPM. 
Rights with Australia stay with Perth but the majority go to LPM and they have the rest of world rights. 

Yes, looks like BBP are having the gold Koala's in at some point too, likely from LPM - https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/gold-coins/1-ounce-australian-nugget/2023-tenth-ounce-gold-australian-koala/

3 minutes ago, daca said:

2023 Australia - Koi Fish - 2 Kilo High Relief  Antique Finish

iaus8623311_2.thumb.jpg.690b0e05de672dc92c57a220b3298f8f.jpg

iaus8623311_3.thumb.jpg.66c9785fc65bed8279a876c4a23fdcf9.jpg

2023 Niue - Great Australian Desert

Proof silver with rose gold plating

ikniu523657_2.thumb.jpg.6c3c7e3318b8c5f2d0a8efbab48c4211.jpg

ikniu523654_3.thumb.jpg.41dd335592b26d0077acbaa75c47280b.jpg

Proof gold with platinum plating

ikniu523658_2.thumb.jpg.4d8ba36dd702330f87ac772faf0a140e.jpg

2023 Niue - Force of Nature - Meteorite  Proof in color

ikniu523654_2.thumb.jpg.15cf9eb8fc6733ebfa3218155f5148a2.jpg

ikniu523654_3.thumb.jpg.bfb7fb3a8d98aa44f7a88fa72bb7c0c1.jpg

I'm loving that 2kg one, bet that looks amazing in good light.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.