• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

20 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

It’s not just the shut down it’s the cost of fert.     To produce milling wheat you use more fert. If you use £30 more fert and only get £10 more farmers will just produce feed wheat.     Or because the fert price is so high they could just plant spring barley which needs a lot less fert and sprays.    Also lot of talk about just leaving fallow to help the soil structure but that won’t produce any grain at all.

I normal fert in my pants quite regularly ;)

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

6 hours ago, sixgun said:

The likes of Minimalist and myself are also very sincere. i doubt we will meet as there probably isn't any middle ground. In the end it will be the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

michaelburry.png.8d4bf21a8fdab5bf044760a32c040196.png

Oh dear, even the financial markets are losing faith. But your man @Kman is determined that it is all transitory

There are energy shortages coming all over the world.  China has numerous blackouts right now, and the EU nations have significantly less gas stored than they did in previous years.  Gas is going to be short this winter, which means gas reliant products will be short in the spring.  The UK has a pathetic amount of storage capacity and it'll be really ugly if they use it up making electricity instead of heating homes.  It's only something like 1-2% of annual usage, so we're going to be at the mercy of the prevailing price and unable to use it for making cheap electricity.

I'm guessing that some here will regard worldwide increases in energy costs as "transitory factors", separate from the standard currency debasement, and therefore not inflationary.  It seems to me as if some regard 'real' inflation as only ever coming from currency expansion.  But if that's to be the stick by which the value of my pound is measured (which buys less energy to heat my home), it doesn't tell me very much.  If my money buys me half what it did last year, I'm absolutely poorer for it, and the money in my pocket can be said to have lost its value.  If that's not inflation, I don't know what is.

If the objection is to calling transitory supply issues inflation, then there should have been equal objections to counting reduced energy prices when US fracking brought the price of oil down due to a glut.  But there wasn't!  Inflation fell and they juiced the pipeline with billions and billions. The objections to counting certain price changes seem to be only for certain rises and not for the falls.  It strikes me that the whole explanation is just a con.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

1 hour ago, silversky said:

If my money buys me half what it did last year, I'm absolutely poorer for it, and the money in my pocket can be said to have lost its value.  If that's not inflation, I don't know what is.

printer.gif.7ab1221d42695189d0597da1c7b9e7bb.gif

ZeroHedge just reporting that the United States Dollar Tree store (1$ store) is now increasing products prices over $1, first time ever in its entire history. Also, Cotton futures soaring, clothing is going to hit.

Dont worry though, the Cartel told us that everything is transitory and that the Dollar stores in the United states will end up in a deflationary position post-printer ritual. But thats not enough, the Cartel is screaming on more fiat money printing.

Its undeniable we are over 10% minimum in every single resource. Yet, the keynesians in here are still committed in siding with the Cartel that it will all blow over, that everything will fine long term, "its transitory", the manipulated inflation target will return eventually. Farmers, shop owners, supply chains telling you different. No coerced, manipulated and artificial data or chart can tell me whats going on around me. Inflation is everywhere, soaring and roaring, even hyperinflating on certain resources. @sixgun and myself have been saying it for years... YEARS that inflation will cause shutdowns and collapses which in turn will give even more powers to the Bankers and Globalist entities.

I can tell you from my shopping experience yesterday that milk went up 20p, one of they ARLA lacto free semi skinned milk products. It went from £1.35 to £1.55, that is a 14.81% increase. My income can only DREAM of supporting such inflation.

I am honestly sick to the back teeth of the denial, not only on resources, but the prices of metals, people denying they arent manipulated because some gangster chart tells them so.

Yous (you know who you are) can believe in the Cartel all you want (its your right) but I wont. Im marked in with my metals, ready for anything and everything.

When the finance sector wakes finally up, all the hedge funds and finance institutions will rev up the metal prices, yous watch.

Edited by Minimalist
Printer go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

5 hours ago, Minimalist said:

@sixgun and myself have been saying it for years... YEARS that inflation will cause shutdowns and collapses which in turn will give even more powers to the Bankers and Globalist entities.

I can tell you from my shopping experience yesterday that milk went up 20p, one of they ARLA lacto free semi skinned milk products. It went from £1.35 to £1.55, that is a 14.81% increase. My income can only DREAM of supporting such inflation.

I am honestly sick to the back teeth of the denial, not only on resources, but the prices of metals, people denying they arent manipulated because some gangster chart tells them so.

Yous (you know who you are) can believe in the Cartel all you want (its your right) but I wont. Im marked in with my metals, ready for anything and everything.

When the finance sector wakes finally up, all the hedge funds and finance institutions will rev up the metal prices, yous watch.

Well i have been saying that we are going to be hit with heavy duty inflation for years. We have been dealing with inflation for years but they manipulate the price index shopping basket to keep the numbers down. People on fixed low incomes have to deal with this and suffer. i have been talking about shortages as well - especially food shortages for years. 
The one bonus is real money is on offer. This is the bonus i suppose - real money is on offer.
Keep swapping out the bad money for good.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

The way I look at it is simple and I guess ties into what @silversky was saying.

Twenty years ago when I pulled a £5 note out of my pocket and bought things (food items, stationery, CDs, bus/train fare etc.) I'd often get change, and depending upon what I'd bought I'd get a modest amount of change. By 2010 I'd get only a few pence change, if any. Here in 2021 I have to use coins with the £5 note to make it up to the required amount. To me, that's inflation, my currency doesn't go anywhere near as far as it used to.

Measure in gold pounds, back in 2001, £1000 would get you anywhere between 12 and 16 sovereigns. Since the 2008 crisis, it's been hovering around only £3-£6 gold pounds for £1000 of fiat.

Yeah sure, gold is and has been manipulated for a long time, with all the bullion sales of the early 2000s, perhaps it was too low, perhaps since 2009-2011 it's been too high, but there's a fairly wide spread in there none the less - inflation is definitely there, they just try to hide it. I think they're going to need a bigger rug to sweep it under or a denser set of curtains to hide it behind.

Edited by SidS
Spellings

Look at the YTD and tell me that inflation is just transitory on the below commodities listed

https://tradingeconomics.com/commodities

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

1 hour ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Look at the YTD and tell me that inflation is just transitory on the below commodities listed

https://tradingeconomics.com/commodities

Virtually everything much higher except gold silver and platinum down - well who'd have guessed. 
There is no inflation and the price of precious metals is not manipulated.
The main cost in mining is energy - energy clearly will be costing more but the metals have not kept pace - but there is no manipulation. 🙄

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

4 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

@TommyTwoShots I like listening to both sides as I do not know the truth. It makes you think more about your view point.

But I hope he hasn't been banned. All the good contributors are being moved on. 

I hear what you are saying but in the short time of being here I have learnt a lot from this member. If true I’ll be reconsidering commenting and trading here.

Edited by TommyTwoShots

30 minutes ago, TommyTwoShots said:

He is a great commentator and very knowledgable. This is a real shame if true! It is nice to read posts from actual knowledgable people rather than strange conspiracies.

He has always presented well-reasoned arguments, always open to rethinking and learning, and never have I seen him 'ad hominem' others.

34 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

@Kman says is now banned?

@ChrisSilver?

Well i am not surprised. Kman posted a veiled slur directed at Chris.
TSF is a great forum - it is the best precious metals forum by a long way. If you want to be a member and post here you don't bite the hand that feeds you.

15 minutes ago, TommyTwoShots said:

I hear what you are saying but in the short time of being here I have learnt a lot from this member. If true I’ll be on my way I think.

I think It is tru, it's on his member status on his profile. He was asked a personal question and replied with a even more personal comment involving forum membership. I was quiet surprised by this as it was a obvious no no as the rules are concerned and may have been a suicide by cop type scenario. 

Guess he is banned. I liked Kman

Screenshot_20210929-155039~2.png

Silver price reaction to Kman's ban today: -3.5% 😕 (I'm sure Kman would be able to add some interesting chart and comments on this price development...)

I haven't seen what caused his ban just wanted to say that his posts used to seem rather valuable and quite atypically sane for this place so it would be a pity if his ban was permanent.

@ChrisSilver - just so that we know, is he banned temporarily please, or permabanned?

Edited by CollectForFun

14 minutes ago, CollectForFun said:

I haven't seen what caused his ban just wanted to say that his posts used to seem rather valuable and quite atypically sane for this place so it would be a pity if his ban was permanent.

Are you implying that the typical post made here is insane?
i do believe you are. 
As a higher volume poster on the TSF i must conclude this refers to me as well.

Look at this @LawrenceChard - as i pointed out only today

i am literally shaking. 😱

• Founder & Administrator

Please don’t discuss banned members. He was banned because he replied very disrespectfully to my message to him about why I hid his post where he stated factually incorrect information that he was not offered a discounted rate.

The terms and conditions clearly states:

5.3.3. Premium Membership purchased before 1st January 2020 will see no increase or change to the pre tax (VAT) price of their Premium Membership pricing, providing renewals are paid on time, any break of paid membership will mean needing to re-join at the current premium membership rate.

He was however offered to rejoin at a substantially discounted membership rate, to which he refused.

I believe his anger against the forum all started from when he felt he should have won the writing competition. Which was supposed to be a bit of fun for members, but he did not take it like a sports man or a bit of fun and instead insulted the winner and other forum members saying the winner’s article was rephrased: rubbish. 

This member has been permanently banned solely for being disrespectful and telling me to never contact him. He clearly doesn’t want to be a member of the forum. Any subsequent posts in regards to discussing this member will be hidden as I do not wish to bring issues onto the forum. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

4 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Lets get back on track as this is a silver monitoring thread on a silver forum.
It's taken a nose dive today, so at least we have somehting to talk about. 😜

I thought we had seen the bottom yesterday, but it can easily get a lot lower. 
Fabulous opportunity if you ask me. 

As Bix Weir says, "They can put it to -$40, just like they did to oil" 
Whilst I don't agree entirely on that statement, I do think that they can manipulate it a lot lower. 

Whether this is because they feel the need to exit those short positions before the beginning of 2022 with the Basel III rules, I have no idea. I like the sound of that as it does sound plausible, but then they have been manipulating PMs since I was in nappies, so what do I know :D

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

image.png.e562527338cdd49fd9a7d44886333d74.png

The paper silver market and the physical markets are completely disconnected at this point. The metals are backwardated and as a result metal for delivery is being bought heavily.

This is momentum / algo traders going short and the Banks on the other side going long. The BIS squaring off unallocated metal in preparation for Basel III is at the root. 
Dumping 25% of world silver production (with no metal actually to sell) is blatant manipulation.  

10 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Lets get back on track as this is a silver monitoring thread on a silver forum.
It's taken a nose dive today, so at least we have somehting to talk about. 😜

I thought we had seen the bottom yesterday, but it can easily get a lot lower. 
Fabulous opportunity if you ask me. 

Yup just topped up my kenesis account to take advantage and buy some silver :)