• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

Nearly 20 an ounce coinsters bejesus!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

I wonder what is causing this big movement, I have hear NHS staff have been given key worker letters this week.......wonder if a stricter more draconian lockdown is on its way and the 'insider's' know that. (I have heard 2nd week in Oct😭)

12 hours ago, Bibbs said:

I wonder what is causing this big movement, I have hear NHS staff have been given key worker letters this week.......wonder if a stricter more draconian lockdown is on its way and the 'insider's' know that. (I have heard 2nd week in Oct😭)

2nd week in October is the planned date for people to be allowed to go to sporting events. The PL and FL is banking on this happening, otherwise there will be a lot of clubs going under. 

12 hours ago, Bibbs said:

Oh no, has Dave from the pub been saying stuff again?? Of course everyone loves a conspiracy, except for those that it plunges into deep anxiety. I have known many suffer in a severe way through this so you should be careful with unknown dates or facts.

Anyway, silver looks strong. I am glad it took a breather. I am also pleased for those newbies that came to the forum a few months back worried about premiums. They should be realising a nicer profit now.

Currently stacking 10oz Unas and Britannia bars 

Silver mirrors inflation/deflation. Now real unpaid for “free” money is awash in the real economy (whilst companies go deep into the red) via furlough payments etc, silver smells real inflation. Up until now, banks etc have gotten their mitts on the “free” money and has been leveraged out to create the stockmarket rise through buybacks etc. so the real economy hasn’t seen any real inflation....until now....silver isn’t known as “the widow mkaer” for nothing. It will do nothing for decades and the become a beast in both directions before lying dormant for ages again once inflation is under control again. Silver and gold smell real world inflation in the pipeline.

Edited by Oldun

I'm no economist, but suspect that many are only just starting to accept the actual impact Covid is going to have. Until now, while it has devastated many, the various measures like furlough support, debt holidays, and business grants have mitigated things and most people haven't felt actual hardship as a result. As much as it's been insane by any measure, the majority still don't see the chasm that lies ahead. I mean, people are still pretending that all kids are going back to school full time in September because a politician once said so, despite the plainly obvious signs that this is not going to happen.

As the financial support starts to dry up and things start to get REALLY bad for the masses, I expect that whatever financial/economic factors that have pushed prices of metals up since March will be amplified, and perhaps this current push is the beginning of that?

10,000,000 Brits on the furlough scheme and a huge number of those will be sacked after the government ends the scheme (unless they print money forever in which case gold and silver will have no upper limit) ....the carnage will be something to behold....oh, and delayed rent will have to be paid and the protection will be removed from being turfed out by landlords as landlords have bills to pay on theor properties too.

It will be carnage.

https://www.bbc.com/news/explainers-52135342

Edited by Oldun

I fear the media are driving a lot of this fear mongering, it's all that sells nowadays. But life is about to get very real and very difficult for a huge portion of the population in the next 8 weeks. 

Quite what that will do to metals prices remains to be seen. I'm hugely optimistic on that.

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

Silver and gold are going up in all currencies, not just GBP.... price action does not reflect news. Price action foreshadows trends and front runs events that eventually make the news.

The secular driving factors are the same as they have been for the last 2 decades - unsustainable increases in national debt and central bank policy that increases the risk of systemic failure.  We had a cyclical breather between 2011 - 2015 while technologies like cloud and shale oil offered temporary respite, but these have been overwhelmed by the ongoing tide of government profligacy.

Nobody said that the progress has to happen in a straight line or at a constant pace. That would be too easy.  We've had slow, stuttering periods.. now we're in the middle of an accelerated period. Roll with the punches and keep a long term perspective.

26 minutes ago, Gruff said:

I fear the media are driving a lot of this fear mongering, it's all that sells nowadays. But life is about to get very real and very difficult for a huge portion of the population in the next 8 weeks. 

Quite what that will do to metals prices remains to be seen. I'm hugely optimistic on that.

Well strap in for the PM prices we are only at the top of the iceberg. 

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

45 minutes ago, Oldun said:

Silver mirrors inflation/deflation. Now real unpaid for “free” money is awash in the real economy (whilst companies go deep into the red) via furlough payments etc, silver smells real inflation. Up until now, banks etc have gotten their mitts on the “free” money and has been leveraged out to create the stockmarket rise through buybacks etc. so the real economy hasn’t seen any real inflation....until now....silver isn’t known as “the widow mkaer” for nothing. It will do nothing for decades and the become a beast in both directions before lying dormant for ages again once inflation is under control again. Silver and gold smell real world inflation in the pipeline.

So what you say is silver front runs, not mirrors, inflation.  This will be important if inflation doesnt materialise, does that lead to a sharp fall?  And what if we do see inflation at modest levels, managed by low interest rates?  I dont believe the old ideas necessarily work anymore, if they ever did. 

1 hour ago, HighlandTiger said:

Just need it to get to £30 and I'll be selling my stack, pretty damn smartish. 

Why? just wait till it hits 40.