• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

2 hours ago, Midasfrog said:

Here is the buy to let compared with buying gold 

Web capture_19-3-2023_141230_remembergold.com.jpeg

Dont know how they worked them house prices out ...must of been taken from London house prices.. certainly not from up north lol...  The upkeep, times when empty, tenants not paying their rent and tax  can take quite a bit of your rental income... and the time and effort you put into them ..  I would go for gold anyday of the week 

1 hour ago, dicker said:

If UBS buys CS for 10 percent of what it was worth on Friday, we are in the same territory as 2008 when JPM bought Bear for a similar percentage.  

I don’t think anyone can claim we are not in the middle of another sodding banking crisis.

Anyone else care to predict what will happen to Gold in GBP at open?

I can see gold spiking initially then maybe dropping back a bit, same as it did last week, before beginning to make a more gradual and steady rise because the uncertainty isn't going to just vanish even if CS/UBS do sort something out.  It all depends on how these negotiations go asnd whether UBS can make a decision on whether to jump and go for it, or not.  But as has been pointed out earlier, there's a lot we're not being told here, especially considering the low offer USB have made and the current CS share price, as well as the demand for backing from the Swiss government in case the whole thing goes tits up and UBS find themselves in the same boat as CS are now. It makes me suspicious that something else is going on that we're not being told about.

There's a bottom line here in that investor confidence in CS has fled out the window and no matter what happens there will continue to be a huge investment outflow whether or not USB can bail them out or not.

I'll go out on a limb and say that IMVHO I can see gold going to £1650 this week, if not higher if this doesn't get sorted, and I don't think it will ....   ( and I'm kind of hoping that it doesn't because I'd love to see all the manipulators fall hard, really hard.😡)

Edit : @dicker just saw yr earlier post which I missed.  2bn huh... peanuts.  Def more to come I reckon. Keep an eye on First Republic too.

Edited by flyingveepixie

I often predict and am wrong, luckily the TSF is friendly and the only person who criticises my bad calls is me!

Good fun to have a guess in times like these!  I note that most people here are don’t do the wild estimations I see elsewhere i.e Gold will be $10,000 by xxxx

Not my circus, not my monkeys

5 hours ago, EdwardTeach said:

Thanks. So I did have it the wrong way round then. I wasn't too sure but I did wonder.

If USD falls against GBP gains in gold would be pared or possibly negative in terms of Sterling.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

20 minutes ago, dicker said:

I often predict and am wrong, luckily the TSF is friendly and the only person who criticises my bad calls is me!

Good fun to have a guess in times like these!  I note that most people here are don’t do the wild estimations I see elsewhere i.e Gold will be $10,000 by xxxx

Nobody is ever right every time. None of us can see into the future. All we can do is take an educated guess. From what I can tell the majority of people here are suitably intelligent and much better educated in the Austrian school of economics than most are so our educated guesses are probably considerably better than most peoples are.

Oh and for the record I do think that gold has a fair chance or reaching $10,000 within the next few years. Possibly even as early as 2025 or 2026 if the world turns bad but by then a loaf of bread will likely also cost well over $100 too (food prices are one of the few things which are likely to go up even faster than gold will).

Edited by EdwardTeach

17 minutes ago, EdwardTeach said:

Oh and for the record I do think that gold has a fair chance or reaching $10,000 within the next few years. Possibly even as early as 2025 or 2026 if the world turns bad but by then a loaf of bread will likely also cost well over $100 too (food prices are one of the few things which are likely to go up even faster than gold will).

Gold's time has shined in the past, and I think it will shine much, much brighter within the next 7 to 10 years.

In the lead up to gold shining more 'brightly', we'll sadly, continue to see more and more crises.

When all of the gold that can be mined economically, or in the lead up to it, that's when something 'big' will happen with gold.

If I wanted to buy nearly all of something as cheap as possible and I could influence the price of it, I would make it as cheap as I could until I had most of it and then boooooom!! To the moooooon!! 

We'll look back at £1,600 per oz and say, wow that was cheap! 

1 hour ago, Maxx546 said:

Dont know how they worked them house prices out ...must of been taken from London house prices.. certainly not from up north lol...  The upkeep, times when empty, tenants not paying their rent and tax  can take quite a bit of your rental income... and the time and effort you put into them ..  I would go for gold anyday of the week 

Why Jan 1970? What's the relevance? 

Yes house prices up there are a bargain. I keep saying to the missus " if we move up north we could live in a mansion" (or at least mortgage free) but no, she doesn't wanna move far from her mother. I literally could be swimming in gold.

1 minute ago, dicker said:

Some early indicators on pricing have Gold down a bit but BTC is up over 5pct.

Markets open in 2hrs 40 mins.  Not long now folks.  

Sorry folks, I've just bought a bit. ATH + Me making several purchases = Gold spot at £1530 by the first fix

1 minute ago, dicker said:

Some early indicators on pricing have Gold down a bit but BTC is up over 5pct.

It’s interesting that BTC is going up more than the altcoins are which is unusual in the crypto markets. This suggests to me that people are looking for a safe haven to keep their money safe rather than to speculating to make a profit.

6 minutes ago, EdwardTeach said:

It’s interesting that BTC is going up more than the altcoins are which is unusual in the crypto markets. This suggests to me that people are looking for a safe haven to keep their money safe rather than to speculating to make a profit.

Yes it's turning my stomach evey time I look at it, I am over invested in alts and silver. I do have gold and a tiny bit of Btc but am going to ride it out and see.