• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

5 hours ago, DarkChameleon said:

For cartel read governments keeping metals high or their inflation will run awoke but it's too late, I flatiron is going up fast...pretty soon they won't be able to hold metals so they'll drop fast but then when the markets too volatile metals will rise and rise fast.

I agree, I would think this week we will see a drop and the weeks after a steady recovery until the sprint upwards... 

Was anybody able to buy on Sunday night, when the spot price dropped £50 in an hour? I’ve just managed to snag 10x sovereigns from Atkinson’s for £3108.10. Price is now even lower. I’m hoping for more drops… I have worthless fiat in the bank that I’ve been waiting to convert to the real “Money of Kings” for quite some time.

Edited by Davey1800
I said I bought 8 sovs, but it was 10.

7 minutes ago, Davey1800 said:

Was anybody able to buy on Sunday night, when the spot price dropped £50 in an hour? I’ve just managed to snag 8x sovereigns from Atkinson’s for £3108.10. Price is now even lower. I’m hoping for more drops… I have worthless fiat in the bank that I’ve been waiting to convert to the real “Money of Kings” for quite some time.

£388 each? Seems a bit ££££

Watch the US CPI figures tomorrow…..

I think we will see worse than expected inflation figures, just as the $1.2 Trillion has been passed….

I suspect the market might know this or strongly suspect this, hence gold firming up.

But, I am a fool and it’s just a guess.  

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

the thing is CPI isnt a real true reflection on inflation, the RPI is closer and thats not close even enough.

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

25 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

the thing is CPI isnt a real true reflection on inflation, the RPI is closer and thats not close even enough.

Im still impressed that people, from the average joe, on here and in the financial world refuse to admit this into their consciousness. In my experience, when I ask people who hold the belief that the CPI is upstanding they change their tune when they extrapolate and explain the conclusion of what they were suggesting. Most people dont want to admit they are in a farm-like-economic-slave-system.

17 hours ago, dicker said:

This is a thread on Gold priced in GBP. My point isn’t about “slave systems” or the “correct” measure of inflation but simply one set of figures that will be released tomorrow.  

The context being that gold rose in price in GBP today, and the US CPI numbers are out tomorrow.  Nothing more, nothing less.

No one said it wasnt.

I was highlighting the principle; the Fed is suppressing the real value of Gold by hiding the real inflation numbers. Nearly $10trillion has been printed post-2008 due to dollar dumping (QE - thats what we know and my gut tells me its more in private behind closed doors). The real Gold price should be in thousands of dollars, so you posting to members to bring their attention towards the CPI is pointless as its another concealment mechanism. What we should be bringing our attention to is China and Russia dumping dollars and buying up Gold, thats the real push towards the real price. Nothing in the West will push the price up.

The East and African Billionaires are now advocating people to increase personal and government portfolios in Gold.

All eyes are on China, and this whole thread should be focusing on the East dumping UST not mentioning corrupt measures.

1 hour ago, dicker said:

1257 - some level of stability again.

Yes I think the metals liked the figures if only they were nearer to the truth. 

But as the saying goes chickens come home to roost eventually. I was reading that the fed is hawkish on raising rates in 2022. And Mr Schiff is right it won't happen. I am willing to wager anyone a Oz of silver they don't get raised in 2022.

First come first served basis.

Best Bully 🐮

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

1 minute ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Yes I think the metals liked the figures if only they were nearer to the truth. 

But as the saying goes chickens come home to roost eventually. I was reading that the fed is hawkish on raising rates in 2022. And Mr Schiff is right it won't happen. I am willing to wager anyone a Oz of silver they don't get raised in 2022.

Best Bully 🐮

Kind offer, but I will pass on that one Bully!

Not my circus, not my monkeys

8 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

I was reading that the fed is hawkish on raising rates in 2022. And Mr Schiff is right it won't happen. I am willing to wager anyone a Oz of silver they don't get raised in 2022.

See I think it will… With up to 0.20 basis points (ie… Nothing)

The only thing that will push it up (interest rates) is when China and Russia dump all UST. As we know, until that happens, we are heading towards negative US interest rates (this decade or the next).

The future is bright for us metal stackers. Its all about the long game.

The West is in for the biggest fright of its entire existance… Yet people want to deny it.

5 hours ago, Minimalist said:

See I think it will… With up to 0.20 basis points (ie… Nothing)

The only thing that will push it up (interest rates) is when China and Russia dump all UST. As we know, until that happens, we are heading towards negative US interest rates (this decade or the next).

The future is bright for us metal stackers. Its all about the long game.

The West is in for the biggest fright of its entire existance… Yet people want to deny it.

Happy to have the wager!!!! Aslong as the silver is assaye marked from your neck of the woods, or I wont accept ya glasweigien tin 😁.

Weve raped pillaged ya enough to know the score...

lots of love ya best southern shandy drinking sassanack  bezzer mate from the heetheans- who smells of english poo poo...

God save er maj as you loves that etc etc 😁😁🐮

Disclaimer I fart rainbows from eating crayons.....🌈💨

Dunno why but the youtube channellers who were squawking about great resets and UUGGE prices for precious metals have gone very quiet. 

There are bigger returns elsewhere with interest rates rising - so I am somewhat bemused that people are miffed that the big guns are deploying their cash in other places. Ah well, I am quietly tootling along - buying bits and pieces now and then. 

Perhaps there should be a sub forum for those of us who can't afford to buy ounces and our budgets are somewhat in the fractional range? 🤐 I seem to be a bit lost reading the size of everyone else's purchases...🤨

2 hours ago, Cogload said:

Dunno why but the youtube channellers who were squawking about great resets and UUGGE prices for precious metals have gone very quiet. 

There are bigger returns elsewhere with interest rates rising - so I am somewhat bemused that people are miffed that the big guns are deploying their cash in other places. Ah well, I am quietly tootling along - buying bits and pieces now and then. 

Perhaps there should be a sub forum for those of us who can't afford to buy ounces and our budgets are somewhat in the fractional range? 🤐 I seem to be a bit lost reading the size of everyone else's purchases...🤨

Just continue to stack slowly any quietly. You will be amazed how much you accumulate in time. It adds up quicker than you think.

Only afford what you can buy.

1 minute ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Just continue to stack slowly any quietly. You will be amazed how much you accumulate in time. It adds up quicker than you think.

👍

3 hours ago, HerefordBullyun said:

I’d love to afford what I can buy, but at the moment I can only buy what I can afford! 

7 hours ago, Cogload said:

Form tiny acorns the mighty oak shall grow!

6 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Form tiny acorns the mighty oak shall grow!

my mum said that to me about my tiny acorn between my legs. She lied like a japanese watch!