• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

20 hours ago, GoldenGriffin said:

I expect gold spot to come down to £1,200, possibly lower.

We recently had a big spike from £1,000 to a high of £1,560 - it's settling, like it did from 2013.

I agree with the above, but dont really know tbh. I think it will bounce at £1220 ish & rally to ATH at some point if the conditions are favourable. 
As a conservate projection I am very much aware of potential for a collapse, but equally in fear that it is 10 years too early!
Or worst case it never happens - the reset the debt with digital blockchain and its all fine and dandy. 
One things for sure I will be capitalising on it & selling on the highs & re accumulating this time, especially silver. 😛

Anyway - using the recent previous history & assuming it will repeat (which might be the case),
could be a very bad call as its possibly one and the same cycle & may very well be coming to an end soon.
It does not take into consideration how far down the line we are with the devaluation of the dollar
and now all time lows on interest rates as well as a potential risk of the following - which was not there before: 

- civil unrest, civil war and/or a catastrophe (ie people dying on mass - ie whole towns being wiped out) 
- 7 TRILLION I believe that has been created out of thin air in 2020. on the dates you have quoted a billion was thought of idiotic in 2012
- So much debt has not been taken on in the private & corporate sector. This is somehting we can look at especially with a variable rate loan. 
As well as the free money stopping at some point, unemployment, inflation of living costs, debt on loans increasing & mortgage forbearance.

20 hours ago, GoldenGriffin said:

I posted this video back in March 2021 in a separate thread but thought I'd share it here too for a laugh 😅

Comedy sketch about gold...

Thanks for sharing - they have a fabulous selection of video that somehow have no views! 
Really talented. 

One on NFT's - antiques roadshow. Genius. :)

Edited by Stacktastic

Has anyone else picked up on those news side stories about inflation rising? Daily Express (pinch of salt etc.) flashed up on my phone yesterday that BOE are expecting 4%, more than they predicted.

That's the second time now it's been 'more than predicted'.

Edited by SidS
Spellings

12 hours ago, SidS said:

Has anyone else picked up on those news side stories about inflation rising? Daily Express (pinch of salt etc.) flashed up on my phone yesterday that BOE are expecting 4%, more than they predicted.

Yes, every single financial newsletter, paper, comentator etc, etc is talking about real inflation, money printing and dissing Gov't claims about 'transitory inflation'.

My view is pretty simple, the 2008 crisis was never really fixed, so I take it as a given that there must be a sizeable correction at some point, as we are making all the mistakes (credit) we made pre 2008.

Interestingly. last time I looked, the UK had printed more in % terms than the USA; plus Russia and China are still buying gold big time; IMO inflation is far from it's peak in this cycle.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

17 hours ago, SidS said:

Im wondering if its smoke screen after this year I dont trust anything they say?
But then again the media love anything that scares us so it could be legit as it makes a change from faking covid patients using actors. 
Either way us on here are light years ahead of joe public - its not going to be that bad especially if gold went to £7k an ounce. 

Anyhow - you buckle up & dont spend or just catch & eat rabbit, carp or become veggie if meat spirals. ;)

Edited by Stacktastic

1 hour ago, Stacktastic said:

Im wondering if its smoke screen after this year I dont trust anything they say?
But then again the media love anything that scares us so it could be legit as it makes a change from faking covid patients using actors. 
Either way us on here are light years ahead of joe public - its not going to be that bad especially if gold went to £7k an ounce. 

Anyhow - you buckle up & dont spend or just catch & eat rabbit, carp or become veggie if meat spirals. ;)

I'll be on stingray 

IMG_20210712_105258.jpg

1 hour ago, Robda1986 said:

I'll be on stingray 

IMG_20210712_105258.jpg

Love rays. I worked in the Bahamas and my main memory was swimming with a manta. 
I did a degree on fish and elasmobranch are apparently great as they are not bony, although I dont eat a lot of fish.  ;)
Id set up a carp farm (to sell to the polish) if things got that bad though. 

Edited by Stacktastic

6 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Love rays. I worked in the Bahamas and my main memory was swimming with a manta. 
I did a degree on fish and elasmobranch are apparently great as they are not bony, although I dont eat a lot of fish.  ;)
Id set up a tilapia farm if things got that bad though. 

There was a 3ft barracuda kicking about the marina earlier didn't feel the need for him so let him carry on his merry way. Getting back on topic how is gold still holding after the boe declared a 4‰ higher rate of inflation 🙄

12 minutes ago, Robda1986 said:

There was a 3ft barracuda kicking about the marina earlier didn't feel the need for him so let him carry on his merry way. Getting back on topic how is gold still holding after the boe declared a 4‰ higher rate of inflation 🙄

Whats the location? 

We had a 'pet' barracuda on our little beach that must've been 4ft long - rather unnerving when he was hanging about 2metres away whilst working in the water. :)
They are more pissed off with thier territory being disturbed. :)

That makes me feel better - I bought agoldstock last week & its at -3.5%

Edited by Stacktastic

20 hours ago, SidS said:

It's only ever revealed to be 'more than predicted' (by the controlled press) when 'they' want it to be known...

Make from that (if anything) what you will!

23 hours ago, SidS said:

Are you surprised? 

7 hours ago, Stacktastic said:

I love rabbit, but my all time favourite is pheasant.

7 hours ago, kimchi said:

It's only ever revealed to be 'more than predicted' (by the controlled press) when 'they' want it to be known...

Make from that (if anything) what you will!

Agreed Kimchi 👍 and if the liars cant hide it and have to reveal a controlled elevated inflation % number, the actual real inflation will be multiples higher.

Like Paul said above: Keep on stacking everyone.

Edited by Uksilverstackers

the mere prospect of inflation is enough to get people buying again, and that's probably why its so widely publicised.

that's not to say however, there is no inflation, in many areas it is massive. This is due to imbalances in supply and demand, of goods, services (finding retail/service staff) and transport (containers in the wrong places). these might become permanent.

There's too much cheap c**p nowadays, that we could do without, for the environments sake. For example, most low-end electricals break and need replacing each year. Unfortunately, this affects lower earners more as they have to keep replacing the fridge every year for example, and end up spending more in the long run !

Edited by Spark268

3 hours ago, Spark268 said:

the mere prospect of inflation is enough to get people buying again, and that's probably why its so widely publicised.

that's not to say however, there is no inflation, in many areas it is massive. This is due to imbalances in supply and demand, of goods, services (finding retail/service staff) and transport (containers in the wrong places). these might become permanent.

There's too much cheap c**p nowadays, that we could do without, for the environments sake. For example, most low-end electricals break and need replacing each year. Unfortunately, this affects lower earners more as they have to keep replacing the fridge every year for example, and end up spending more in the long run !

I bought a lawn mower for £300 - 2 years later, the motor died.

Saw a cheaper one for £90 - thought, hey, why not pay for a cheaper one and if it lasts 2 years, at least it's cheaper than paying £300 every 2 years.

Today, I bought some water balloons - only last week, they were £7, but today, the exact same pack are now £9!

£7 for 100 water balloons is quite expensive, but 30% increase, wow!

Spoke to the guy behind the counter and he assumes the price had gone up because the 'stand' that the balloons are on has changed.

After picking my jaw up from the floor, I found it really easy to pay with a contactless card - now if I had cash, I'd find that more difficult to hand it over.

Now, who do I throw these water balloons at? 😅 

58 minutes ago, GoldenGriffin said:

I bought a lawn mower for £300 - 2 years later, the motor died.

Saw a cheaper one for £90 - thought, hey, why not pay for a cheaper one and if it lasts 2 years, at least it's cheaper than paying £300 every 2 years.

that's another worrying trend: brands exploiting their reputations, earned over decades, and passing off poorer quality products: Nissan had done this for cars, and Miele for washing machines..

so in addition to inflation and shrinkflation, we now have what can only be called crapflation  😛

Edited by Spark268

23 minutes ago, AuricGoldfinger said:

Did you see the story in the telegraph today?

I do think we should be around the £1500 mark 

6959AAB1-098D-40C9-8D2D-9F78AE2478E5.jpeg

unfortunately the telegraph has been a contra-indicator of late; two years ago they said gold was a silly investment.

Did you see the piece in their investing column, Questor, citing losses in 2021...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/investing/shares/questor-failed-make-profit-year-mistake-not-backing-britain/