• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

Just now, Stacktastic said:

Aha I was wondering that today as it happens.
I thought it was because of weather and an ability to mine easier, not to mention mid year finance wise, as they sell off in Jan. 

I think it will hold the 1,280's, but it rallys over 1,290 im in with an initial offering. 
Learnt a lot this yearend patience is key. Even my worst mistake Alba has gone up 8% today ;)

There is a but the covid situation in india is bad - so it will have an impact on sales - but again inturn when things get better the demand is going increase a lot.

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

8 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

There is a but the covid situation in india is bad 

Bit like the paper gold market
"For every 10 covid cases reported there are 9 people that dont have it" 😛

Whatabout other asian countries like Thailand, China etc?? 

Edited by Stacktastic

Just now, Stacktastic said:

Another thing thats largely on paper IMO. 
Whatabout other asian countries like Thailand, China etc?? 

Chinese tend to go beserk in Chinese gold week 1st october where they buy for 8 days  which is over week. And chinese New year late Jan, as thier calander is wierd.

Thais do buy gold but a lot of it leaf which they actually donate to temples and during the main religous buddhist festivals.

China and india are your main physical consumers retail wise buddy. I only know this having lived in SE asia for 3 years. 

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

14 hours ago, Stacktastic said:

I dont see Basell 3 doing anything for at least 2 years officially as its voluntary
& banks aren't going to just lay down.

I didn't know Basel III was voluntary?

If that is actually the case, or voluntary for 2 years, then, I don't think gold is going up significantly until the unallocated gold market starts to taper.

Gold price would either, roughly stay as is, or go lower.

Is interesting if that is the case, being voluntary is a very, very important detail - most people would think

gold would go up when Basel III kicks in, but if it's voluntary and most people don't know that,

then if gold goes down, it would shake people out of the market, which could very well be the intention!

For me, I'm in long term and if it dropped to £400 per oz, I'm loading up, definitely not selling.

Pass me the keys to the truck and slam it in reverse! 🤣

Edited by GoldenGriffin

1 hour ago, Zhorro said:

Do you have a reference for this?

I might have got this very wrong or its voluntary for certain duresdictions . 
Correct me if im wrong. 

4.33 - 'by the way basely 3 is a voluntary regulatory framework, the rules aren't legally binding' 
When it comes to central regulation the banks move very slowly. :)

as a vodka producer and soon rum stacker, I certainly dont agree with the comment
"with alcoholism the first step is admitting you have a problem" 😛

Edited by Stacktastic

I have been looking at the charts and on average the time buy gold to trade is now. 
The time to sell is October - this may not be news to some, but for me its interesting. 
Especially as I bought a ton of gold stocks in August last year & had to wait months to exiting the green. ;)

The blue pointers are the syart of July & the sad faces on average are Oct-Dec. :)
Basically with some exceptions from 14-19 if you rinsed and repeated you could have done very well just using a rough seasonal guide and some patience/timing. 
Failing that loading up in 2015/2016 and waiting. 

Interesting the level today rivals the highs of 2012 - it can easily fall back to 1600 levels I think on 'good news' ??? 
I got a Costco sov at £321 which is as Cheap as ATS tonight the best price. No postage costs or risk :)

Its clear to me as when I decided sell my house in November that like my estate agent &
uncannily similar the likes of Kitco & bullion dealers are more than aware of this and its not in their interest educate us on it. ;)

As usual - im new to this correct me if im wrong? I need to add that to my signature (if I had one). 

gold.png

Edited by Stacktastic

The markets are fully controlled at the moment, The plunge protection team can put much of the main markets where they want them using derivatives, Blackrock is now the big player, tied closely to the Fed. (ask Alexis who owns the federal reserve),  China ban the bitcoin miners, and the Elsalvador and other states adopt bitcoin, Russia with no USdollar reserve, IMF issuing SDR's - The Banker Wars are in full throw and are loving the chaos of covid and race baiting. Who know what it takes to break the debt system,  COMEX LMBA (LIKE THE 67 GOLD POOL?)

9 hours ago, Stacktastic said:

I Still think/hope will go back down to $1700 spikes up usually do. ;)

I agree, spikes up before a fall.

£1,295 ($1,784) currently.

Still waiting for it to drop down to £1,200, which was my gut feeling that it would fall back down to back in August / September 2020.

It got close to it, but didn't quite get hammered down far enough.  Lowest was £1,222 in March 2021.

It wouldn't surprise me if it goes slightly lower than that, when institutions are ready to buy on mass! 

Edited by GoldenGriffin

4 hours ago, GoldenGriffin said:

institutions are ready to buy on mass! 

Yeah should fall a lot harder with the weak hands it has just attracted. 
Im happy got a SOV for £321 at Costco as it was at Tuesdays spot. 
Cost averaging at low spot is showing its compounding effect now. :)

That double bottom is interesting and I think there are a lot of people waiting to invest at that point. 
I dont think it will go below $1680 (I think thats the £1,222 figure), but I may be wrong. 

This guy makes sense - he sings the best gold stocks like the sound of music ;)
I only know about Equinox gold & thats cheap.

Edited by Stacktastic

$1800 - :(

Looks like I missed my chance but they had independence weekend, so im looking at the dollar index this week. 

$1850 gold upside $1750 gold downside been rallying today. 
If it breaks either it will go lower/higher. 

Untitled 3.png

Edited by Stacktastic

• 2 weeks later...

I started rebalancing to own more gold vs other assets 6 weeks ago.  

According to the estate agents property is rising strongly, farmland is up a bit and hold I suspect is playing catch-up. 

Not my circus, not my monkeys

12 minutes ago, dicker said:

According to the estate agents property is rising strongly, farmland is up a bit and hold I suspect is playing catch-up.

Around Cambridge? That's not what two estate agents have told me recently on the house I'm selling, hmmm 🤔

32 minutes ago, dicker said:

I started rebalancing to own more gold vs other assets 6 weeks ago.  

If I was currently drinking Fosters... "Good call" Dicker 😊

House prices for the average buyer will rise and rise until first time buyers can't afford to get on, even with help from the government.

My long term theory has been that, debt has been put into the housing market for decades. 

If it wasn't, the markets would be in a bigger bubble than they are already and gold would probably be higher too.

How do you keep the gold price as low as possible until it's all mined, or majority is mined?  Put the debt elsewhere.

And where better to put it, than the markets and housing.

Edit: my neighbour has only been there for 2 years and their house is up £100k more than when they bought it, plus they thought they had overpaid 2 years ago too.

Have a word with the housing minister to find out how policy filters down to estate agents.  It's in the estate agents interest to sell for as much as possible as they see a % return.

And most people think the reason why houses go up is that "it's what people are willing to pay" - estate agents are guided by policy and set the "tone" in the initial value.

Best

GoldenGriffin 

Edited by GoldenGriffin

17 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Around Cambridge? That's not what two estate agents have told me recently on the house I'm selling, hmmm 🤔

In the U.K. generally.  The house next door to me sold for me 1.3M this year having sold for 1.1m 18 months ago.  

Lots of people still seem to be moving out of London. 

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

20 minutes ago, dicker said:

In the U.K. generally.  The house next door to me sold for me 1.3M this year having sold for 1.1m 18 months ago.  

Lots of people still seem to be moving out of London. 

Best

Dicker

If your house is valued over £1m - it doesn't necessarily mean it's worth over £1m - it's very much an indication of government debt.

If I had a house valued in that bracket, I'd sell up and buy something cheaper.

The cheaper house is more likely to go up and the houses above £1m are more likely to crash in my opinion (more risky).

Money is going up North - indicator being the Bank of England creating a hub up North and Channel 4 and the high speed rail network.

It's nice up North too! With all these gold buyers up here, we've got great weather 😀

Edited by GoldenGriffin

2 minutes ago, GoldenGriffin said:

If your house is valued over £1m - it doesn't necessarily mean it's worth over £1m - it's very much an indication of government debt.

If I had a house valued in that bracket, I'd sell up and buy something cheaper.

The cheaper house is more likely to go up and the houses above £1m are more likely to crash in my opinion.

Money going up North - indicator being the Bank of England creating a hub up north and the high speed rail network.

It's nice up North too! With all these gold buyers up here, we've got great weather 😀

what ? 😆 

so based on your theory a cheaper house is not necessarily cheaper either 😅

23 minutes ago, dicker said:

My house isn’t valued at anything, it is the house next door that sold for that much. 

Best

Dicker

Shame.

I did phrase it as though it wasn't necessarily your house that was worth over £1m - you could be living in a caravan for all I know 😉 😅

Kidding!!

Best 

GoldenGriffin 

Edited by GoldenGriffin

6 minutes ago, Nick1368 said:

what ? 😆 

so based on your theory a cheaper house is not necessarily cheaper either 😅

Haha 😄

My theory is that houses above a certain threshold i.e. say over £1m have less buyers and are more likely to fall.

Plus those types of people are more likely to know how houses are valued, generally and will know the cut off points.

Houses under £1m have more buyers and are more likely to rise due to demand and can afford to with "help to buy" schemes.

Edited by GoldenGriffin

14 minutes ago, dicker said:

Getting this thread back on track, 1323 is very pleasing.  

Today, the bank I work for has started to look at independent and alternative ways to measure inflation.  This hasn’t happened before.  

That's not surprising as the official measures increasingly are not very informative.

I expect gold spot to come down to £1,200, possibly lower.

If it does, keep hold of your gold, don't sell unless you're desperate.

Look back at August 2007 when gold took off.

Then look at 2013 when it settles lower from 1,100 to 800, then upto £1,000.

Next 5 years (2015 to 2019) averaged about £900.

We recently had a big spike from £1,000 to a high of £1,560 - it's settling, like it did from 2013.

If it goes down, gold buyers are turned off and I think that's the intent.

If you want to buy bullion, I would personally hold off.

If you're wanting to buy proof coins, buy as soon as they're released.

Edited by GoldenGriffin