• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

5 hours ago, cinereus said:

Can I ask how you're finding the new links? They aren't listed anywhere on the site not even if you spider the sitemap.

And you can't simply iterate through the URLs either...

Use the search button at the top and type sovereign, the resulting page gives the active links with frankly overpriced rubbish but the standard sovereign should be there.

On 25/03/2020 at 00:53, cinereus said:

So the 1 per household per years is actually 1/price/household/year?

Yeah I think so. It used to be 3 sovs max, but when the price changed you could buy another 3. So I tested it with the 309 price and the 319 price. Ordered Monday and Tuesday. Both arrived today, along with the obligitary marketing spam phamflet. 

7 minutes ago, Tipsmart said:

Yeah I think so. It used to be 3 sovs max, but when the price changed you could buy another 3. So I tested it with the 309 price and the 319 price. Ordered Monday and Tuesday. Both arrived today, along with the obligitary marketing spam phamflet. 

Spamphlet!

19 minutes ago, Tipsmart said:

Haha! Let me open it. I can't wait to see what potential investment opportunity is inside! 

I know you've all been eagerly anticipating this release.. 

Its a half oz silver proof. Only £60!

Edited by Tipsmart
GDPR

From the Royal Mint half price... actually very good price, close to spot: 2020 Half Sovereign rings for men £175:

Different sizes:

https://www.royalmint.com/gifts/jewellery/rings/sterling-silver-2020-gold-half-sovereign-ring-size-r/

https://www.royalmint.com/gifts/jewellery/rings/sterling-silver-2020-gold-half-sovereign-ring-size-v/

https://www.royalmint.com/gifts/jewellery/rings/sterling-silver-2020-gold-half-sovereign-ring-size-t/

2020_sovereign_ring.jpg?width=580

Grab them before they're gone... the money clip and cufflinks are already gone (was similar price)

Edited by goldmember44

5 hours ago, Darr3nG said:

This looks like quite a good deal from @LawrenceChard for anyone after a smaller gold purchase:

https://www.chards.co.uk/netherlands-gold-ten-guilder-coin/1143

Most of our stock of them are minty 1932 ones as per the photos, but the deal price is for "our choice".

We do normally ask more for minty specific dates (we need to make a profit on some things).

Being pedantic, there is an error on our page.

Where we say "Original Price", this is misleading and illogical nonsense, for few reasons.

The real original price was almost certainly 10 guilders, not £279.86!; and price we quote changes with spot gold price; I very much doubt the original price changed all the time.

What we should say is "normal price" or "usual price".

I did notice this idiocy on a different product on our site about a week ago, but it looks like we have not got around to fixing it. Grrrr!

Chards

14 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Most of our stock of them are minty 1932 ones as per the photos, but the deal price is for "our choice".

We do normally ask more for minty specific dates (we need to make a profit on some things).

Being pedantic, there is an error on our page.

Where we say "Original Price", this is misleading and illogical nonsense, for few reasons.

The real original price was almost certainly 10 guilders, not £279.86!; and price we quote changes with spot gold price; I very much doubt the original price changed all the time.

What we should say is "normal price" or "usual price".

I did notice this idiocy on a different product on our site about a week ago, but it looks like we have not got around to fixing it. Grrrr!

Will u be getting any more preowmed cheap silver it says sold out on site?

14 minutes ago, silvernewbie said:

Will u be getting any more preowmed cheap silver it says sold out on site?

Yes!

Well, we hope so at least.

The whole point about secondary market stuff is that we cannot simply order it. We can only rely on somebody wanting to sell us something. We never know when this will happen, it could be in the next 5 minutes, or we might still be waiting in 5 months time. We also don't know whether it will be one piece or a thousand pieces. When we do get secondary market silver bullion coins or bars, it normally sells out very quickly.

You might want to subscribe to our (e)mailing list; naturally, unsubscribing is quick and easy.

Some of our "sold out" products also have a "notify me when back in stock" option, which you could use.

Lastly TSF do some pooled bulk import deals on silver, which avoid VAT. Although I think it slightly "dodgy", it appears to be legal, so you might think about trying it.

There I go recommending the competition!

Chards

9 hours ago, goldmember44 said:

From the Royal Mint half price... actually very good price, close to spot: 2020 Half Sovereign rings for men £175:

Different sizes:

https://www.royalmint.com/gifts/jewellery/rings/sterling-silver-2020-gold-half-sovereign-ring-size-r/

https://www.royalmint.com/gifts/jewellery/rings/sterling-silver-2020-gold-half-sovereign-ring-size-v/

https://www.royalmint.com/gifts/jewellery/rings/sterling-silver-2020-gold-half-sovereign-ring-size-t/

Grab them before they're gone... the money clip and cufflinks are already gone (was similar price)

Thanks, bought one of the rings. Not the sort of thing I'd wear, but cost less than what they're charging for just the half sovereign on it's own over on the Royal Mint investment site. A nice memento at that price!  

Shame the clip and cufflinks were not on sale anymore, a set would have been nice but not willing to pay the prices they are asking. 

9 hours ago, Bxlsteve said:

I would have bought the cuffs. ... pitty. 😉 thanks 

I thought this was a good deal if it's of any interest, it's 50% off - https://www.royalmint.com/gifts/gift-sets/sterling-silver-money-clip-and-cufflinks-set/ 

2 hours ago, cinereus said:

What does "minty" mean?

Don't you start! 

We have been having discussions about this for some time now. 

My view is that it means exactly what it sounds like. 

"Mint" would mean “in mint condition” (but don't forget that can be highly variable), so "minty" should logically mean something slightly different. 

It implies a degree of approximation, which might vary depending on context, so a roll of Edward VII "minty" sovereigns might not be quite as good as a roll of George V or Elizabeth II. 

As it happens, I think all our 1932 10 guilders would easily qualify for an MS grade on the Sheldon scale, rather than AU. 

On that note, "MS" stands for "Mint State", and MS grades go from MS60 to MS70. 

AU, standing for "Almost Uncirculated", goes from AU50 to AU59. 

My colleague, Ian, thinks "minty" is too inexact to use, but I disagree, and consider that its very inexactitude makes it a perfect word, and very concise. 

A few years ago, a well-known Yorkshire dealer offered me some "minty" sovereigns, and I believe that the two of us had a perfect understanding of what that meant, which is great communication. 

Having cited one anecdote, more years ago, a well-respected Italian dealer offered us a quantity of older sovereigns which he described as "F.D.C.", when they arrived, they ranged from good VF to about EF, but certainly not F.D.C., which has a very exact meaning, so this was poor communication from him. (We still trade together). 

To replace the word "minty", we would have to say something like "quite close to mint condition, give or take, and allowing for age, etc." 

BTW, the Royal Mint have registered "Minty" as a trade mark, but they have no objection to us using the word when describing coins. 

Chards

12 minutes ago, dga00 said:

https://www.bairdmint.com/products/1oz-south-africa-gold-krugerrand

I've been trying to figure out why this coin has only a 40 euro premium.

Can anyone explain the price? Is it the year/condition of the coin?

Krugerrands traditionally have low premiums, they are manufactured and sold mainly for their gold content, it has been the leading global gold bullion coin for investors for decades, and the first one. They do high volumes.