• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

3 minutes ago, Liam84 said:

When the spot dropped recently Baird & Co had them bouncing between £309 and £315 for a couple of hours, so £329 doesn't seem as good a deal even though it is against today's spot. Such a changeable game this. I managed to shake the urge to check spot prices super regularly quite early into starting the hobby. I imagine it could drive a person quite mad.

I agree. I'm in for the long haul , spot obviously still matters but you're right, the constant changes are enough to make one question one's sanity at times. 

3 hours ago, Blehhhh said:

Are Bairds prices correct. Seems better then everywhere else, I have ordered but am still waiting confirmation.

Yes, I ordered off Baird a couple of weeks ago when their prices were the best. All arrived fine. 

Not sure why folk are getting excited about £329 from H&B. I get it when they are below spot, but £329 is like 5% premium. Why buy a single sov from that dodgy outfit when the prices are pretty much as good (incl delivery) or better if you buy multiple from Chards and ATS etc. 

http://goldprice.eu5.net/

Edited by Melon

25 minutes ago, Melon said:

Yes, I ordered off Baird a couple of weeks ago when their prices were the best. All arrived fine. 

Thanks, how long after paying initial deposit did you get order confirmation?..I'm still waiting.

Ordered of European mint an age ago too and still waiting for stock, sigh.

49 minutes ago, JosephM said:

@Melon I wasn't buying multiple. Also nothing dodgy has happened to me. Every time Iv'e ordered with them if you just email them if you sign up for the mail they stop it right away. I would say GSBE is dodgy but people still buy from them. 

Didn't say you were. I just don't get all the excitement over a bog standard price from H&B. As for the mail thing, you may have had that experience but according to the other thread many others have not. 

Added 0 minutes later...
27 minutes ago, Blehhhh said:

Thanks, how long after paying initial deposit did you get order confirmation?..I'm still waiting.

Ordered of European mint an age ago too and still waiting for stock, sigh.

Think it was same day. 

8 minutes ago, silvernewbie said:

Damn HB were 319 just last week! Im going to wait till things get back to normal can see Gold dropping a bit once confidence returns in the market.  

I've watched a lot of commentators speculate over another pull back before it shoots off into £1500-£1600 p/oz territory, who knows though. It went back to ~£1270 the other day which helped out

20 minutes ago, Melon said:

Didn't say you were. I just don't get all the excitement over a bog standard price from H&B. As for the mail thing, you may have had that experience but according to the other thread many others have not. 

Added 0 minutes later...

Think it was same day. 

Hmmm I ordered two days ago and nothing, very bad.

I emailed them this morning and no response.

3 minutes ago, Blehhhh said:

Hmmm I ordered two days ago and nothing, very bad.

I emailed them this morning and no response.

To be honest, as long as you've paid your deposit don't worry about it. They are one of the biggest dealers there is, huge commercial business. 

10 minutes ago, cinereus said:

It's not a good deal and hasn't been all day. Spot is £313 and Chards are only 3.7% premium on 10s.

Really?

chard's 

10 quantity

5.2 % premium

£329.31 price each.

Plus postage.

That's for any sov from the last 5 years i.e. their best value new

Not that I want  or need 10.

Still dearer than £329

3 minutes ago, cinereus said:

What make you think anyone's riled up?!

This is a deals thread. We're simply and indifferently pointing out it doesn't count as a good deal. Please do calm down.

Posting  prices for 10s vs  single coins and ones that aren't any cheaper isn't great either.

Chard are charging 334.97 plus postage for a single 2020

and still over 334 for 10 plus postage on top again.

I am  pointing out the ones I quoted the price for i.e. the equivalent ones to the H&B ones.  

This is a deals thread so I am not going to waste any more time replying to you when you are obviously trolling and it fills this thread with useless posts.

Some people may care what year they are buying so when someone posts a price for a 2020 and someone else says that's not a great deal you expect it to be exactly the same or for them to mention this.

Not everyone wants any coin or bar or to have to order a larger amount to actually beat the price otherwise we'd just post shop X is selling at Y per ounce.  Of course then someone else could say but shop A is selling gold for 0.5% less per ounce if you buy 10 ounces.

Edited by Murph

3 minutes ago, cinereus said:

£329 for a 2020 sov is NOT a noteworthy deal.

It might well be at some point in the future, for better or worse!

3%...5% premium- I guess we all position ourselves where we see fit. 

I paid a 25% premium on a Gold coin this evening and I'm well chuffed.

Night.

7 minutes ago, Troy77 said:

I have a deal for you when it arrives.

A 2019 half sov and sterling money clip.

£299 plus post. That's a £76 saving off the 2020 version at £375😉

I make £152 and you save £76 That's a Win Win😉

Please Find me on Instagram  HERE            

HB is the cheapest, chards with postage for a single coin is much higher.  I dont see why there is a debate on that.  Using the price of buying 10+ coins v single from HB is not like for like and most of us buy 1 at a time

Added 0 minutes later...
3 hours ago, Mcgrimes said:

@ChrisSilver I think it’s time to purge the deals thread!

You mean purge the new member causing problems!  Deals thread is why people visit the forum

19 hours ago, cinereus said:

By the way, if you want good new members joining this forum, it would help to avoid the patronising tone about cost averaging and uncalled for things like:

"Get a grip. "

"This one"

"obviously trolling"

All because Melon said "I just don't get all the excitement over a bog standard price from H&B" and I said "It's not a good deal and Chards are only 3.7% premium on 10s".

Hey, don't bring me into this 🤣 😇