• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

Baird&Co were impressive, quick process and quick delivery. It helped spot was down at the time of purchase too. I may even go through the hoopla of sending them 72 forms of ID and a stool sample to sign up properly...

Perth Mint seem to have some good deals but they mostly say 'unavailable online' and would probably have a large shipping cost attached...😜

1 minute ago, Liam84 said:

Baird&Co were impressive, quick process and quick delivery. It helped spot was down at the time of purchase too. I may even go through the hoopla of sending them 72 forms of ID and a stool sample to sign up properly...

Perth Mint seem to have some good deals but they mostly say 'unavailable online' and would probably have a large shipping cost attached...😜

Bars on Baird seem like best value there is.

Just now, cinereus said:

For the reasons already given in this thread. I'm pretty confused anyway. Why are do gold bars from Bairds attract VAT?

Could you also give some indication of the prices they had today for single 100oz and 1kg gold bars.

I think you're being facetious. I'll let you work it out for yourself. 

1 minute ago, cinereus said:

I worked it out. You sound exactly like you're talking about silver. Why are you saying that silver bars are the best price in a gold thread.

Please can we save everyone's time and try to avoid another page of things completely irrelevant to good gold deals?

Blehhh was posting about buying silver bars from Baird earlier, hence my assumption that this is what he was referring to. It was pretty obvious when I'm talking about 100oz bars and VAT that it's Silver, as you well knew. You're just doing what you seem to usually do on here - winding people up. Seriously, get a better hobby, it's boring. 

4 minutes ago, cinereus said:

I asked a question because I genuinely wanted to know the answer (and still do). You commented on a post I made seemingly for no reason as it didn't answer a question nor add value just, as it eventually turned out, dragged the thread off topic. This could all have been avoided if you didn't do that in the first place.

I'm still curious is there's any truth in your statement "They have consistently been the best price [on bars] for weeks now though". If not please just say so instead of dancing about with vaguenesses so we can get back to business.

I don't owe you a thing. I obviously tried to help you. I explained why the prices were not showing. I very obviously gave you info on Silver, you wanted Gold, is it really such a big deal? How immature are you to retrospectively go back and react to posts from earlier in the conversation. It's so childish, grow up for goodness sake 🙄

1 minute ago, cinereus said:

Not sure that's as obvious as you think. I don't count repeating what shows on the same banner on every single page as "help". Especially when I was fully aware and obviously didn't request help at any stage.

What on earth do you mean?! I'm not doing anything "retrospectively". I'm point out how silly is when there was utterly no need for you to make your first post and certainly no need to continue posting vaguely over and over again about silver in a gold thread.

This all could have trivially been avoided by 1) not making the statement "They have consistently been the best price for weeks now though." when there's no evidence their gold priecs have been the best on bar 2) not answering with 100oz/1kg (I still thought we were actually talking on topic at this point) when you were talking about silver, 3) not making the completley pointless sarcastic and rude post saying "You don't buy your gold bars in bulk? Why?". What exactly did you achieve by doing this not once but three times?

I'm honestly a bit confused what the aim was of any of these posts :(

It's not a one off and you're not confused. You're a troll. Every thread I see you in you're either demanding information for your own benefit or trying to wind up other members. Like I said, get a better hobby.  

10 hours ago, cinereus said:

I asked a question because I genuinely wanted to know the answer (and still do). You commented on a post I made seemingly for no reason as it didn't answer a question nor add value just, as it eventually turned out, dragged the thread off topic. This could all have been avoided if you didn't do that in the first place.

I'm still curious is there's any truth in your statement "They have consistently been the best price [on bars] for weeks now though". If not please just say so instead of dancing about with vaguenesses so we can get back to business.

Its pretty obvious what he was referring to, this being a gold thread doesnt mean every comment will be about gold and if you knew prices no one can afford to buy bulk 1kg Gold bars unless you are Bill Gates

31 minutes ago, silvernewbie said:

Its pretty obvious what he was referring to, this being a gold thread doesnt mean every comment will be about gold and if you knew prices no one can afford to buy bulk 1kg Gold bars unless you are Bill Gates

This is a gold deals thread, every post should be about gold!

Whats going on with these deals threads????

3 hours ago, cinereus said:

That doesn't mean we should intentionally go off topic for several posts if it can be easily avoided.

Let's draw a line under it. 

Perhaps I was being a bit grumpy. Perhaps you were being a bit antagonising. The important thing is we've got a 4 days weekend ahead of us 🌞

On the subject of Baird & Co if anyone wants bullion half Sovereigns but doesn't want to pay the big premiums attached to them on eBay they've got them in stock for a tenner over spot:

https://www.bairdmint.com/products/king-edward-vii-gold-half-sovereign

I'd like to buy from forum members but thus far I've only seen wonderfully shiny graded examples that are (justifiably) priced with a numismatic premium. 

If anyone sees fractional gold deals with small premiums slap the link in here 😁👍

On 10/04/2020 at 17:53, Melon said:

Let's draw a line under it. 

Perhaps I was being a bit grumpy. Perhaps you were being a bit antagonising. The important thing is we've got a 4 days weekend ahead of us 🌞

This sounds like a peace offering too pleasant to refuse? Not my place to throw my oar in as I'm new around here but this deals thread is useful and it's a shame for you dudes to be at loggerheads. Hope all is good! 👌

2 hours ago, Liam84 said:

On the subject of Baird & Co if anyone wants bullion half Sovereigns but doesn't want to pay the big premiums attached to them on eBay they've got them in stock for a tenner over spot:

https://www.bairdmint.com/products/king-edward-vii-gold-half-sovereign

I'd like to buy from forum members but thus far I've only seen wonderfully shiny graded examples that are (justifiably) priced with a numismatic premium. 

If anyone sees fractional gold deals with small premiums slap the link in here 😁👍

6.6 % premium I guess isn't too bad at the moment. Stick special delivery cost on top would make buying one a bit steep. At least they have some and are open for business.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Yeah you're right of course, spot would have to go to £1500 p/oz to break even if you include delivery but as you say they're in stock and much better value than the £200+ actually being paid on eBay for non graded bullion. Even BBP is cheaper than that! 😁

Buuuut if as a stacker/collector you're confident the spot will go to that or higher it's likely more stable value wise than money in a low interest savings account (?) 🤔

35 minutes ago, Elpicador said:

Anybody interested in Sovereigns, look in Germany especially when £ goes up against the €. I bought several coins there at the premium of 1-2%.

Example link?

Added 0 minutes later...
1 hour ago, daca said:

Really?, what is premium usually on these coins?