• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

Two points to consider..

1) will you need money short term? If so go with 2 singles for liquidity, sell as you need.

2) how good are your eyes, the double offers more enjoyment from the design, as you can actually see it 😆 

Bad eyes lol. Finally did a spreadsheet at the weekend and surprised how well ive done over the last couple of years so in theory there are a few other pieces that could go 1st if needs be. Hopefully not, i don't like selling 😄

6 minutes ago, AaaGee said:

Bad eyes lol. Finally did a spreadsheet at the weekend and surprised how well ive done over the last couple of years so in theory there are a few other pieces that could go 1st if needs be. Hopefully not, i don't like selling 😄

Yeah it adds up remarkably quickly. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, GoldenGriffin said:

The Grffin of Edward III returns from PCGS. Very shocked at a PR66!

Obverse has hairlines all of a sudden visible to the naked eye which weren't there when it was with me. it would have gone striaght back to the RM in 2021.

Mine is the only one graded so far at PCGS.

I feel this could be a coin swap.  Let's see if any other Griffin's all of a sudden get graded much higher.

The 1oz Dragon at PR67 I understand because I bought it from a dealer who posted images of a pristine coin but when I got it, I could see why they graded it a PR67.  FFS! Bar Stewards!

Anyway, rant partially over, at least I have one.

20231110_201035.jpg

Who graded it ? 

Just now, Leonmarsh said:

Ok there was just a grader I have used previous that had questionable coin swapping issues, no one on the forum by the way 

I think I know who you mean. I've never sent to a 3rd party always direct.  I always check my coins when I receive.  Definitely something fishy here.

Can't do anything though.

26 minutes ago, GoldenGriffin said:

I think I know who you mean. I've never sent to a 3rd party always direct.  I always check my coins when I receive.  Definitely something fishy here.

Can't do anything though.

Did you swap it from the capsule to a flip? Outside chance it picked up detritus on the inside of the flip. Either way, I'd be really upset. Even the prospect of a coin swap would be maddening. 

I had a 2008 quintuple proof ruined by NCS conservation process (it's on one of Dave's vids). He managed to bring it up to PF67. After that incident plus 2015 full & half proofs also getting knackered by them, I gave up with NCS.

Preaching to the converted but I'd prefer to consign to @GoldDiggerDave or Numistacker as NGC agents. I know my proofs will be handled with care.

1 hour ago, Sovsaver said:

Ebay purchase, shilling, turned out to be nicer than I hoped, aUNC, mirror like fields to the obverse.

1699651899452.jpg

1699651998621.jpg

On 09/11/2023 at 22:27, Silverlocks said:

Ask and ye shall receive . . .

image.thumb.jpeg.cd354cabf57cd89aba6b25fe42d6de12.jpeg

Close enough, anyway.

I thought they were gold there… I have just seen the “Marks and Spencer”…. Expensive chocolate there!! ;) 

3 hours ago, GoldenGriffin said:

The Grffin of Edward III returns from PCGS. Very shocked at a PR66!

Obverse has hairlines all of a sudden visible to the naked eye which weren't there when it was with me. it would have gone striaght back to the RM in 2021.

Mine is the only one graded so far at PCGS.

I feel this could be a coin swap.  Let's see if any other Griffin's all of a sudden get graded much higher.

The 1oz Dragon at PR67 I understand because I bought it from a dealer who posted images of a pristine coin but when I got it, I could see why they graded it a PR67.  FFS! Bar Stewards!

Anyway, rant partially over, at least I have one.

20231110_201035.jpg

Even ‘Lucky’ @SiCole would have got a 67.

Just seen it’s a 5oz!🤩

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024