• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Official Coronation Coin Range Reveal

6 hours ago, JeffM said:

Although I’m happy that the portrait of King Charles has the crown, I really don’t like how it looks.  It was simply added to his regular effigy and you can see his head through it.  Shouldn’t it be less transparent?

It isn’t transparent. That is the cloth which can be seen inside the crown, not his hair. 

BullionByPost are also going to have them - https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/royal-mint-proof-collections/2023-king-charles-iii-coronation-coin-range/

And Chards it seems - https://www.chards.co.uk/category/buy-coins/a/king-charles-iii-coronation

So yeah, certainly no reason to queue on RM on Monday morning.

8 hours ago, MBTPSilver said:

BullionByPost are also going to have them - https://www.bullionbypost.co.uk/royal-mint-proof-collections/2023-king-charles-iii-coronation-coin-range/

And Chards it seems - https://www.chards.co.uk/category/buy-coins/a/king-charles-iii-coronation

I already pre-ordered the ones I want. This is the way to go from now on.  Plus, the dealers check the coins before sending them.  No sense fighting the RM queues for an inferior product.

8 hours ago, MBTPSilver said:

Is anyone taking pre order for sotd sovs?

10 hours ago, apachebleu said:

Is anyone taking pre order for sotd sovs?

They won't be allowed to take pre-orders until Monday morning the same as RM, but yes I'm certain at least one of those two companies will have the 2023 Sovereigns and won't have site queues to contend with.

Worst case if you're really keen and worried about missing them, open up RM and join the queue, and just have the BBP tab etc open as well and refresh at 9ish and if you get one from the dealer, just close the RM site.

Anyone preordered from AllGoldCoins yet? I'm tempted just to get the 1/4oz gold and not bother about the sold. Prettier coin I think and mintages will be similar and no messing about on Monday (when I'll be at work...) 

I take it AllGoldCoins are sound? - I've never used them before.

14 hours ago, MBTPSilver said:

They won't be allowed to take pre-orders until Monday morning the same as RM, but yes I'm certain at least one of those two companies will have the 2023 Sovereigns and won't have site queues to contend with.

Worst case if you're really keen and worried about missing them, open up RM and join the queue, and just have the BBP tab etc open as well and refresh at 9ish and if you get one from the dealer, just close the RM site.

BBP have free delivery too don't they? So defo a better option than RM for these coins. 

Would love a gold one but think I'll be limited to silver 50p and £5 😅

1 hour ago, Upsidedown5318008 said:

I'm hoping they do a crowned bullion sov, wouldn't mind a few of them!

I can't bring myself to pay these mad premiums on basically shinier coins 😫 

Hopefully this means they will be doing a standard crowned bullion version 🙏 any guesses when "later in the year" could be?

t9-kciii-coronation-sovereign_articles_1200x600_content.jpg

Screenshot_20230419_013429_Chrome.jpg

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

2 minutes ago, CazLikesCoins said:

It’ll be nice to see the dragon’s return after recent years of special editions. Theres only one true sovereign design imo and that's George depicting animal cruelty on an endangered species. Gotta’ love those subliminal messages.

When the protesters get bored of gluing themselves to roads or painting snooker tables they might turn their combined brain cell to coin designs. Next year we might have George and the dragon having mutually consenting sex to promote bonding and harmony between all races and species. The coins will be supplied in presentation boxes covered in red paint and glued to a piece of authentic tarmac cut from the M6 and accompanied by a COA signed by a man wearing a dress and a paint canister. Postage costs will be priced on the day of purchase as if he’s in a particularly bad mood, he might glue himself to the box as well.

I hate all these protests about using plant based oils. Plants have feelings too you know. 😁

6 hours ago, Upsidedown5318008 said:

Hopefully this means they will be doing a standard crowned bullion version 🙏 any guesses when "later in the year" could be?

" Very limited number "

Hhhhhmmmmmm what's the guesses on the mintage 

2023 ???? Or will it be RRP at £2023 ??

Just now, Paul said:

" Very limited number "

Hhhhhmmmmmm what's the guesses on the mintage being?

Edited by Paul

10 minutes ago, Paul said:

" Very limited number "

Whatever they cost, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see 2023s until early next year. We’re still on 2022 sovs a quarter through this year. The mint is getting worse than the passport office. Soon we’ll be booking sovereigns so far behind Charles will still feature despite Bill being on the throne. I like my dates to match my monarchs and this business is not helping my OCD at all lol.

38 minutes ago, CazLikesCoins said:

It’ll be nice to see the dragon’s return after recent years of special editions. Theres only one true sovereign design imo and that's George depicting animal cruelty on an endangered species. Gotta’ love those subliminal messages.

When the protesters get bored of gluing themselves to roads or painting snooker tables they might turn their combined brain cell to coin designs. Next year we might have George and the dragon having mutually consenting sex to promote bonding and harmony between all races and species. The coins will be supplied in presentation boxes covered in red paint and glued to a piece of authentic tarmac cut from the M6 and accompanied by a COA signed by a man wearing a dress and a paint canister. Postage costs will be priced on the day of purchase as if he’s in a particularly bad mood, he might glue himself to the box as well.

Funniest thing I read in ages!

George obviously would be identifying as Georgina, and the dragon would be into leather, whips, BDSM and sporting a Jedward haircut and enormous pair of fake boobs. Probably.

32 minutes ago, Paul said:

" Very limited number "

2023 squared, maximise profit RM style.

Later in the year.... 31/12/23 23:59. And ot turns into a pumpkin at midnight!

6 minutes ago, MonkeysUncle said:

Funniest thing I read in ages!

George obviously would be identifying as Georgina, and the dragon would be into leather, whips, BDSM and sporting a Jedward haircut and enormous pair of fake boobs. Probably.

Haha lol and to make sure nobody every touched gold again and went full force into digital currency, this on the obverse 

NINTCHDBPICT000794946649-1.jpg.thumb.webp.1d1efda757afc49175de173d924838f2.webp

9 hours ago, StackToCollect said:

BBP have free delivery too don't they? So defo a better option than RM for these coins. 

Would love a gold one but think I'll be limited to silver 50p and £5 😅

Yes, delivery is included/free. I think for single coins they ended up the cheapest on the Memorial range, particularly after their Christmas sale.

7 hours ago, Upsidedown5318008 said:

So, the mintage of the SOTD sovereign is going to be a "very limited number" - any guesses as to what it will be?

2023?

1 minute ago, Zhorro said:

So, the mintage of the SOTD sovereign is going to be a "very limited number" - any guesses as to what it will be?

2023?

It was 1817  in 2017 for the 200 year from memory wasn't it ? 

The larger number the better for the royal skint ££££ ! 

1 hour ago, CazLikesCoins said:

The coins will be supplied in presentation boxes covered in red paint and glued to a piece of authentic tarmac cut from the M6 and accompanied by a COA signed by a man wearing a dress and a paint canister.

On the topic of presentation… I personally hope they will do something different for the outer packaging as this is such a special occasion.

As for the box itself, I know that several of us here would like “traditional” Sovereign long / short sets in boxes reminiscent of prior Coronation sets, but I assume those would happen with the Proof release, if they happen at all.

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

It was 1817  in 2017 for the 200 year from memory wasn't it ? 

The larger number the better for the royal skint ££££ ! 

You are not far out, it was 1,793 (Marsh, 2021, p.163).

The highest number of SOTDs was 2,013 in 2013 (Marsh, 2021, p.163) for the birth of Prince George - I guess someone must have had their finger poised over the button waiting for the announcement!

I can't remember what the limit was for Brexit or the Platinum Jubilee SOTD releases.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

" Very limited number "

I was guessing (to myself) and considered the 2023 figure too, but that seems extremely high for an SotD right?

I think the highest SotD mintage was the 2017 SotD with 1817 pieces.

6 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

You are not far out, it was 1,793 (Marsh, 2021, p.163).

The highest number of SOTDs was 2,013 in 2013 (Marsh, 2021, p.163) for the birth of Prince George - I guess someone must have had their finger poised over the button waiting for the announcement!

I can't remember what the limit was for Brexit or the Platinum Jubilee SOTD releases.

Thanks for reminding me about the 2013.

Whenever I think of SotDs, I always think 2017 onwards. 🙂

Brexit was 1500 while the Platinum Jubilee was 1200. I think most of the SotDs post-2017 are in this range, though some have been as low as 700.

Edited by westminstrel