• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint British Monarchs Collection

harrygill111

18 minutes ago, blackadder said:

I got ****  all LOL :) why no set amount per household,I got on this morning within seconds and they were already sold out!!!

then asshats on ebay have five for sale.

Same here in the U.S.  The flippers have their bots oiled up!  The U.S. Mint has just done something to frustrate the flippers a bit.  The coins are now pre-order with a HHL of 1 for the first 24 hours.  The coins get shipped months down the road.  This frustrates the flippers and is a boon for the collectors.  The Mint just had a release of a colorized Purple Heart silver dollar.  The mintage was 25K and the coin was readily available to anyone who wanted one for 24 hours.  Then, after the HHL was lifted, the remaining inventory sold out in seconds.

1 minute ago, NewCoins said:

Not me. Got one for the gothic crowns I ordered earlier though.

They are in open orders though, so hopefully it's just another glitch.

Maybe the RM found some QC issues with their confirmation e-mails and are holding them back so customers don't return them for exchanges!

47 minutes ago, Ashes said:

No email, but I do have it showing in my open orders. Might be different as I ordered over the phone though. 

You do not receive an email if the order was placed over the phone. Hope that helps!

I like the coin, but like many, with the odd exception I am giving the RM modern proof coins a miss.

6 minutes ago, Paulo said:

You do not receive an email if the order was placed over the phone. Hope that helps!

I like the coin, but like many, with the odd exception I am giving the RM modern proof coins a miss.

Thanks, good to know!

57 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

I got dispatch email 🙂

I too have now received my dispatch email. :) 

Edited by Ashes

Just a mistake, or should i watch out for a second job? I can see in this articles a mintage of 150 for 10 OZ silver coins.🙈 Please, lord of the credit card, let it be the first mistake, i ever found (two times) at agaunews. Please...

https://agaunews.com/the-royal-mints-british-monarchs-collection-adds-the-17th-century-monarch-james-i-as-its-second-numismatic-homage/

https://agaunews.com/the-royal-mint-launches-the-first-in-a-five-year-series-of-updated-historical-designs-called-the-british-monarchs-collection/

Edited by dikefalos

There should be a 10 oz. and 1 kg. gold for the collectors with so much money that they have no clue what to do with it.  That would include over half of this board.

4 hours ago, Foster88 said:

I was told I was 19 on the reservation list.

I never got a call and then now they’re available again two months later. Great customer service. 🙄

Had the same with the gothic portrait, was told I was third on the reservation list, never heard back 😏

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

3 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

Had the same with the gothic portrait, was told I was third on the reservation list, never heard back 😏

Shows you how much you guys are worth to the RM!  Next time, tell them that you are Anne Jessopp's consort and you'll get showered with calls offering you every coin (and other things) you can imagine!

Didn't like the James I coin..just thought it looked tacky...I'm going to go for the best releases like Henry VIII EDWARD VII And Victoria..I believe its not a series that I will collect all..just the best ones...if the James 1 Is anything to go by there are going to be some very nice ones and some C**P ones...and at a price for 1oz at £95 and 2oz at £185...people must have so.e serious money to buy these coins at well over the value and current spot price..but the ones I mentioned I believe will do very well..and over 5 years...nah..not an option for me....

4 hours ago, ArgentSmith said:

4 hours ago, JeffM said:

Shows you how much you guys are worth to the RM!  Next time, tell them that you are Anne Jessopp's consort and you'll get showered with calls offering you every coin (and other things) you can imagine!

You both make very valid points and it, sadly, all comes down to RM being a Monopoly and don’t they know it. They’ve got the U.K market by the balls.

I’ve tried to buy into the following:

The Great Engravers (after Una and the Lion)

British Monarchs (Henry VII and James I)

Successfully buying none. It happens, you win some, you loose some, it’s life.

But what RM have massively, hugely failed to realise is that they’ve created a new series with very little chance of being able to collect the whole series.

What they’ve also done is create a secondary market of ‘flippers’ (no offence to anyone who wants to sell for over buying price within reason).

Where do numismatists come into this?

Firstly, we don’t, not that I’m professing to be one.

But four releases a year, no way to sign up to the continuity for the rest of the series like they did with The Tudor Beasts. But do so with this series at your own peril, I abandoned The Tudor Beasts after coin 1 in proof.

In my opinion, four releases a year for four years with no guarantee of the rest of the series is a dead duck in the water before it even began.

Imagine that, four times a year for four years, the stress, the anxiety of a possibility that you might complete your series. If you don’t, you’re paying around double the original RM price.

It could and can be a good series but anyone hoping for a a full set, I admire you. Anyone just buying to flip, rethink why you’re here.

Go and look for the originals of these coins that have HISTORY, we fight over a reincarnation of the original and pay a premium and why.

If you ask yourself that question you’ll realise how rediculous it is. Paying more, in some cases for a reincarnation of the original than the original itself.

But in my opinion, pick your cards and play them wisely and I feel this series will have its ‘up’s’ and it’s ‘down’s’, some coins will really be in high demand others not so.

Now, where are the sovereigns....

Im not blaming collectors for wanting 3 collections but when mintages are limited as the monarch series or coins are in high demand as the Great Engravers you would think the RM would

A: Consider limiting low mintage coins to one phh 🤷‍♂️

B: Honour their/there so called "reservation list"

Out of principle I don't deal with liars so by definition sadly I can no longer buy from the RM.

eBay flippers get a hard time but Anne Jessopp et al are the ultimate Binlords IMO. Negative feedback from me 😀

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

11 minutes ago, ArgentSmith said:

Im not blaming collectors for wanting 3 collections but when mintages are limited as the monarch series or coins are in high demand as the Great Engravers you would think the RM would

A: Consider limiting low mintage coins to one phh 🤷‍♂️

B: Honour their/there so called "reservation list"

Out of principle I don't deal with liars so by definition sadly I can no longer buy from the RM.

eBay flippers get a hard time but Anne Jessopp et al are the ultimate Binlords IMO. Negative feedback from me 😀

I think both you and I hit the nail on the head earlier in this thread.

We were promised we’d be in the ‘reservation’ queue and clearly we weren’t. It’s just empty promises.

Was there ever a queue? I doubt it.

I can see how my comments and replies may look to some as a sore looser. Perhaps so.

I don’t think this series is dire, it will be very interesting as time goes on.

But I do think that RM are a little like insurance companies, as long as people are buying it, why should they care about loyalty.

Personally, I’d much rather have the originals and hold a piece of history in my hands.