• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Royal Mint Annual Sets

Just now, westminstrel said:

Thanks. I personally don’t think the 50p is an inspired design at all, so it’s not a big loss to me.

If there’d have been a 2-coin set of the £5 I’d have been depressed about missing it. 😆

If that would have happened I think the RM would have had everyone returning their annual sets 😂 The £5 with JC portrait is the only reason I bought it! Would have much preferred a smaller set of the two coins.

2 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

If that would have happened I think the RM would have had everyone returning their annual sets 😂 The £5 with JC portrait is the only reason I bought it! Would have much preferred a smaller set of the two coins.

Totally agree 100%

1 minute ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

Exactly. I am still miffed about the 50p being sold today with the JC obverse. As you said earlier, I also bought the whole set for those two coins. It's now essentially for one coin. 600 and odd for essentially one coin isn't worth it for me (obviously there is some value in the others but they don't interest me).

I have definitely decided to cancel. Tried to call again, their phones are very busy seemingly.

I ordered another proof 2022 sov last week too, but probably going to cancel that and go for SOTD instead.

I wonder if this is a marketing strategy, confuse and make you not know what's coming next.

50 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

Hope you managed to grab one from Chards in that case. My queue numbers have been terrible the last few releases so its nice to be able to get this one stress free.

Nope, had to take a work call and missed again.

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

1 hour ago, westminstrel said:

That’s £1,800 for 3 bullion sovs.

And £1,100 for 3 billion half-sovs.

These are not a good deal at all - you can get all these coins for about half the price of these sets.

The extra 100% premium for a box with a booklet is not worth it imo.

For an extra £200 you could shop around and get all three in proof PF70 graded! 

Seriously bad pricing from the mint! 

78av.gif

(I asked this earlier in the thread but it was pretty busy back then and so nobody responded. I mean, I like to think that was the reason. Feel free to ignore me again :D )

What would your top 5 Platinum Jubilee coins have been if you could have bought any of them before they went out of stock?

For me I would have liked most:

1. Platinum 50p
  2. Silver 2-coin 50p set
  3. 2-coin bunc 50p set
  4. Silver 5oz
  5. Silver 2oz

... none of which I managed to get! (I think... I've paid for a silver 5oz twice but it's not appearing in my orders and I have no idea what's going on still)

Edited by paulmerton
added some lovely words

2 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

(I asked this earlier in the thread but it was pretty busy back then and so nobody responded. I mean, I like to think that was the reason. Feel free to ignore me again :D )

What would your top 5 Platinum Jubilee coins have been if you could have bought any of them before they went out of stock?

I was in very early and could have likely got most except perhaps that low mintage platinum one. What I got was 2 of the 2oz silver proof and one of the £5 silver proof. I got the £5 silver proof just to have it along side the one coming in the annal set I bought a couple days ago. The 2oz silver proofs I wasn't planning on buying but when I spotted the mintage I figured it was worth a punt. I really dislike the larger coin version so had no interest in those and I don't have enough confidence in these to shell out for the golds or the platinums.

Given how things have gone I wish I'd of got both versions of the 50p sets which I saw and passed over when they were still available. Again its a coin I don't really like so it was an easy pass but seeing how quick they sold out and how many want them it seems at this point like a winner.

6 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

1. Platinum 50p
  2. Silver 2-coin 50p set
  3. 2-coin bunc 50p set
  4. Silver 5oz
  5. Silver 2oz

... none of which I managed to get! (I think... I've paid for a silver 5oz twice but it's not appearing in my orders and I have no idea what's going on still)

I saw that post and I didn’t reply not because I wanted to ignore you - but because none of these coins interested me (thanks to the horseback portrait which I simply dislike).

4 minutes ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

Again its a coin I don't really like so it was an easy pass but seeing how quick they sold out and how many want them it seems at this point like a winner

Just because they sold out doesn’t make them winners.

A couple hundred folk also bought out the overpriced Sovereign and Half-Sovereign sets.

They’ll all be stuck with them and eventually have to sell them at Bullion prices.

Several months back I stumbled on a similar Sovereign set for the Queen’s 90th Birthday and got the set in pristine condition at bullion rates.

Edited by westminstrel

2 hours ago, harrygill111 said:

I'm in! So it looks like the piedfort is smaller and lighter (56.56 g and 38.61mm) vs the 2 oz (62.42g and 40mm). 2 ozer's are gone, i do like the edge on the piedfort, but not enough to take a punt on it. 

image.png.127d4d7f5e256782e7d8ad9c8e32f489.png

Great photo

This is my favourite 🤩

Even though it’s .925 I feel the edge just brings the coin to life and feels easier on the eye than the standard edge

WEB:  http://www.riverbanksilver.com/     INSTAGRAM @riverbanksilver

1 minute ago, SilverJacks said:

I wonder why they seemingly rushed these releases. They could have spaced them out through January, perhaps a different release each week. What's up with their desire to release everything so quickly?

Because the year is still young and we can expect loads more releases throughout 2022. 😬

13 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

1. Platinum 50p
  2. Silver 2-coin 50p set
  3. 2-coin bunc 50p set
  4. Silver 5oz
  5. Silver 2oz

I meant to reply, but got caught up in the wonderful queue-it experience

1. Platinum 50p

2. 2-coin BU 50p

3. 2-coin silver 50p

4. silver 2oz £5

5. .... Not sure.

I ended up with the single silver 50p and a couple single BU 50p's. I'm wondering whether or not to keep them as I'm disappointed not to have anything from the list.

At least I got a pre-order SOTD from Chard's, I think...