• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Platinum Jubilee SOTD Sovereign

Zhorro

15 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

@JeffM Your man fat comment made you a legend!!!!!!!   I know things can get lost in translation.  I know over your side of the pond some states sell beer in larger beer bottles called Growlers.    If you told the guys here you drink beer from a growler I swear to god you would get a standing ovation! 

Growler?  😲  Pish posh!  That's for kids!  I drink mine straight from a tub!  (Gotta be close to the toilet, however.)

seems the best thread to ask this

am looking at buying a Sotd 2017 but why does marsh price this at £750 and £1000 for the proof release for that year? the Sotd obviously being more rare with a 1817 mintage 

my heart wants the Sotd but the figures are swaying me to the proof 

1 minute ago, magpie79 said:

am looking at buying a Sotd 2017 but why does marsh price this at £750 and £1000 for the proof release for that year? the Sotd obviously being more rare with a 1817 mintage 

Follow most recent auctions prices over book value instead. Once a book is researched, proof read, sent to print, distributed and sold values will be already out of date

32 minutes ago, magpie79 said:

Good luck....

5 minutes ago, Paul said:

Mine is on its way to, dispatched email arrived just after 7am 

Same here! Email

received at 7.30am 😀 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

10 hours ago, Paul said:

I've got four 70s in storage now, it ticks every box for me to do well long term I feel, every time one comes up it's 50-100 more than the last time

That's the sotd

Jeez Paul, you not stacking bullion anymore?😄 Did u buy those 2017’s secondary market can I ask?

Dispatch email for me also. 

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

13 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

@JeffM Your man fat comment made you a legend!!!!!!!   I know things can get lost in translation.  I know over your side of the pond some states sell beer in larger beer bottles called Growlers.    If you told the guys here you drink beer from a growler I swear to god you would get a standing ovation! 

Just to say Royal Mint, says my sotd is despatch. Should be here tomorrow or next day.

35 minutes ago, Stu said:

Jeez Paul, you not stacking bullion anymore?😄 Did u buy those 2017’s secondary market can I ask?

Dispatch email for me also. 

Widening my skill set and knowledge past few years now and big trend of popularity for plastic coffins with 70 stamps. Got the 2017s from land based dealers and feebay and sent for grading

Yay - shipment notification for me as well. Now only three weeks of waiting and maybe it arrives 😅 🤞

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 minute ago, SovereignBishop said:

Ungraded section will be full of SOTDs soon ? Or most people keeping them?

They could have sold them as per-orders 🤷‍♂️ I think most will be keepers, see 2017 SOTD prices £1,000+ today ungraded 👍🏻 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA