• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

1 minute ago, JeffM said:

I'm still waiting on my 1 oz. King Henry VII.  And yet, they keep issuing new coin after new coin.  They will soon be backed up for over 6 months.  Then they rush to produce and dispatch them, and the quality control goes out the window.

They are in a bad postion, which I worry they won't get out of.

They are clearly minting a percentage of the new releases, for example they had some of the FA Cup this morning. I think most have now gone to awaiting stock.

They will do the same for the next new release, instead of finishing the backlog for the FA Cup.

They seem destined to have a backlog, and will continue to do so whilst they continue with as many new releases.

Perhaps that's a sign they are doing well in some respects. Maybe they will be patting themselves on the back.

Maybe there is an element of making things that are sold making sense from a business perspective, rather then spending time money on coins that won't sell for a long time potentially.

But  clearly the downsides for the consumer is waiting and poor QC if they are constantly up against it.

1 hour ago, NewCoins said:

They are in a bad postion, which I worry they won't get out of.

They are clearly minting a percentage of the new releases, for example they had some of the FA Cup this morning. I think most have now gone to awaiting stock.

They will do the same for the next new release, instead of finishing the backlog for the FA Cup.

They seem destined to have a backlog, and will continue to do so whilst they continue with as many new releases.

Perhaps that's a sign they are doing well in some respects. Maybe they will be patting themselves on the back.

Maybe there is an element of making things that are sold making sense from a business perspective, rather then spending time money on coins that won't sell for a long time potentially.

But  clearly the downsides for the consumer is waiting and poor QC if they are constantly up against it.

Maybe, the sad part is I fear no matter how much they anger us they are still the only game in town and the brand carries so much cache with collectors.

Surely with the headache's from the website, queue, having busy phone lines for both dis-organised sales and all the issue's, costs of returns, re-strike's, destruction of old coins, compensating for problems, and all the stuff i'm sure everyone could add to this list. It would just save them a lot of time and money to just pause production, sort out the QC department with some actual competence. Then send out some properly presented, timely delivered, QC'd proof coins!

I've been very hesitant and selective with what i have attempted to buy from the RM, and it's not been a smooth experience for the most part. I will say that the customer service for the RM are some of the most lovely people I've spoke to. They are just stuck between a rock and a hard place...well Management and the QC department! 

On a happy note my Gothic portrait looks a beaut 😍

IMG-0502.thumb.jpg.cae38370113c0568887baec6ff5d4688.jpg

78av.gif

33 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

Lets hope it is all legit and above board, and left to be a "proper auction"

Not ghost/shill bidded up to create an artificially manufactured sold prices  

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

3 hours ago, Simmoleon said:

Just a further update to this coin, it was received a couple of days after release and sent for conservation and received a PF69 but on the NGC invoice it was declined for conservation and it was confirmed that NCS considered it milk spots. 

F5DDA5AA-1D6F-4765-8761-9776A94BCE37.png

Far from me to say, but that’s amazingly quick for milk spotting isn’t it?

I'm going to send my 2 Gothics for grading soon, along with a couple of other new proof coins. Is conservation something that is worth doing for new coins, or is it only really for older/non proof coins? it will be my first time grading so any info you lovely people could give me would be very much appreciated. TIA. 

6 minutes ago, Dazlenk said:

I'm going to send my 2 Gothics for grading soon, along with a couple of other new proof coins. Is conservation something that is worth doing for new coins, or is it only really for older/non proof coins? it will be my first time grading so any info you lovely people could give me would be very much appreciated. TIA. 

$64,000 question....as long as there are no milkspots....As I've always understood NCS will conserve... if there are signs of spotting! But!!! I have been told by a few members on here that NCS will conserve if your coin is milkspotted? But I have read on the NGC website that NCS will not grade with spotting??? I did see a comment today and I'm not sure which thread that a member sent a coin in for grading and conservation..but NCS wouldn't conserve their coin as was milkspotted? ...so gawd knows who is right!!!!  But if you have any signs of spotting on any coins I personally wouldn't bother with conservation....But I'm guessing there will be comments about this saying ..."Don't listen to me" and that members have had PF70's with spotting...haha..its a compete minefield to me😫😫

So what are we saying, from an investment point of view as far as proof silver is concerned, buy, grade, sell? I don't really have the contacts to be able to get these coins on release. Have to rely on the secondary market and hope there's some meat left. However, I wouldn't be looking to sell for say 10-20 years. however, if they're covered in man fat then what's the point. Maybe I'll stick to lovely sovs like I meant to originally and try not to get caught up in all the hype/fomo! To that end just bought a lovely 1915 sov! 👍

Edited by Dazlenk

1 minute ago, Dazlenk said:

So what are we saying, from an investment point of view as far as proof silver is concerned, buy, grade, sell? I don't really have the contacts to be able to get these coins on release. Have to rely on the secondary market and hope there's some meat left. However, I wouldn't be looking to sell for say 10-20 years. however, if they're covered in man fat then what's the point. Maybe I'll stick to lovely sovs like I meant to originally and try not to get caught up in all the hype/fomo! To that end just bought a lovely 1915 sov! 👍

Man fat 😭😭

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 hour ago, Petra said:

Far from me to say, but that’s amazingly quick for milk spotting isn’t it?

I’m not convinced it is but I guess we’ll never know how long RM have stored it after minting but for me I’ve never seen a coin coming from a new release with milk spots

Obviously I didn’t want to try and remove it so was hoping NCS would try but now they are saying milk spots they will not touch it either.