• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint - Great Engravers 2021 - Gothic Crown information

13 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

@Zhorro I can’t find jack S..T on the RM site it’s garbage.  And I get Two different versions of the website depending on what browser I use if I use Safari I get the beta site…the worse one, Firefox puts me on the old site. 

Same with me.  I am having an almost impossible time finding anything.  I end up doing a Google search for what I am looking for and then getting to the RM site that way.  Very frustrating indeed,

The quality of these coins is disgusting.  If you are having so many issues with these coins, can you imagine all the problems out there that people not on this board must be having?  As I mentioned before, I get most (not all) of these hot releases from the dealers.  Too hard for me to play in the RM's queues because of the time difference.  I have never gotten a bad coin from a dealer because they inspect the coins prior to sending them.  (At least hey say they do.)  I know that a dealer won't be sending me a coin with marks or a cracked capsule.  Plus, they package the coins well to avoid bumping and jostling while in transit.  Lastly, there is an individual to contact in case there is a problem.

Just now, Paul said:

Wasn't a for sale post. But One of commenters offered 19,000

That's encouraging, in my mind if the first offer was £19000 then the person making the offer would likely go £20k+

If you know who hears that....the next thread will read ( got the potrait after all)

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

5 minutes ago, James32 said:

That's encouraging, in my mind if the first offer was £19000 then the person making the offer would likely go £20k+

If you know who hears that....the next thread will read ( got the potrait after all)

Heritage auctions first sale, set the starting benchmark last sale, I would guess 25000-30000 in USA wouldn't be out of the realms of possibility or reasonable expectations?  Some deep pockets in the land of giant mice, super sized people and mass school shootings

Edited by Paul

22 minutes ago, Samcrewsilverlover said:

Neither do I its £2600 is worth of gold...in a plastic sleeve with a 70..makes it 1000's of £'s more valuable 🤣🤣 Maybe I should start investing in plastic and paper 🤣🤣🤣🤣

If it was 5oz plus gold Dave would have jizzed his boxers ! :)

5 minutes ago, Aiden2343 said:

The capsule was completely loose. I’m honestly starting to think they’re doing this on purpose. I cannot fathom how something like this is able to clear quality control.

45BF7B7C-5C45-473C-8823-E0C0DFE997D1.jpeg

B5AD3EC4-33EF-43BB-A3E8-388F64288D5D.jpeg

2DE9E358-2115-4A3D-9D0E-EC676C4FB70D.jpeg

I feel for you…as if RM is mocking us…do you plan to return?

8 minutes ago, papi1980 said:

I feel for you…as if RM is mocking us…do you plan to return?

I don’t think it’s worth keeping in that condition to be honest. Best case scenario, they replace the coin. Going off their mintage numbers; they seem to have an extra 250 portraits lying around somewhere, so I may have some luck. Interestingly, the quality control sticker is located under the removable insert that the coin sits on. It is therefore likely that the sticker goes on the box well before the coin has been seen.

Edited by Aiden2343

34 minutes ago, Dazlenk said:

I can't view this video. Just comes up with a "we could not locate the item you are trying to view" message. 

I realised that some formats can be viewed from the mobile (I have iphone / Safari and viewed it without a problem),  but if you use the browser (i use Chrome) the format is not supported. You need to download it first and then use a software to open it   

After seeing many coins in a worse state than mine on here and other social platforms. I just can’t make my mind up… send my coin back for a replacement or not?

What are your thoughts on if I sent this coin in for grading? The coin itself isn’t too bad compared to many I have seen but obviously the capsule is shot and no good at all.
Thanks in advance to any opinions 

AA3EF76D-CCFB-4AD1-B260-EC7EA3C9EE62.thumb.jpeg.20a0af2e845afced3445baf97664fe03.jpeg9794BCCD-AF7F-4E8A-BF0C-373FEBE27473.thumb.jpeg.7f7b6dd8b4eeb161b50d8fe3457229ae.jpegB21C33D8-DB1A-422A-ADA0-170B6F724463.thumb.jpeg.d260f4fdf375add2db71f7796e615cbb.jpeg5D79DD73-CA87-4C46-BCF5-B09BC0AB5A18.thumb.jpeg.b59f31b901ff12de408e5e3725e5224e.jpeg2D455678-5342-4E26-AC27-01EC06FB98A9.thumb.jpeg.e579bd0dbc9fb49ec012533bcb21fa92.jpeg

WEB:  http://www.riverbanksilver.com/     INSTAGRAM @riverbanksilver

Mine just arrived (postman was already with red non-delivery slip despite my dash to the door the instant I heard the knock).

Was worried given all the RM failures that have been reported, but capsule intact on delivery and coin... on initial inspection flawless. I got lucky with this and the first part of the pair. 

Given my record of sending back coins from the RM, I am really pleased something they sent out this time around managed to come through unscathed. But we shouldn't have to deal with this anxiety and disappointment.

Fingers crossed for everybody still waiting on delivery.