• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

3 hours ago, AppleZippoandMetronome said:

Glad I'm not alone with the annoyances of the boxes. This sort of thing just causes unnecessary bad feelings towards the RM. This at a time when disposable income for all households across the land is about to drop dramatically...  not a smart way of doing business when you sell products no one actually needs.

I'll write a good whinging email not that I expect that will get any meaningful response apart from making me feel a bit better.

thing is you can't say one thing to boost sales and entice poeple into buying something,then totally go back on it :(

1 hour ago, Hanz said:

I have similar issue. My 2 oz coin has a COA for 1 oz coin

Can you drop a picture of this please, I want to put together an email of complaint about this issue. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Apologies for the delay in replying. The coins are flawless at 5x magnification, i am in 2 minds to return them for an appropriate COA. Might keep them as an anomaly, once royalmint replies. 

21 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

Can you drop a picture of this please, I want to put together an email of complaint about this issue. 

IMG_20220904_233646.jpg

IMG_20220904_233529.jpg

Proof 2-coin set just arrived...  the reverse fosted coin looks like it fell on the floor, before packing :(

Very difficult to photograph, but there are dirt marks and what looks like milk spots beginning to form around the 2023.

yale.thumb.jpg.f4da013e4d1fa424087a60b21296bbfe.jpg

Another return to the mint...

54 minutes ago, Colnago said:

My 2oz arrived with the COA for a 1oz 🤯

Just had a chat with my account manager and the general policy seems to be send the entire package back including coin to get the correct COA.

Not gonna lie, this worries me as I might very well end up with a duff coin now.

11 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Just had a chat with my account manager and the general policy seems to be send the entire package back including coin to get the correct COA.

Not gonna lie, this worries me as I might very well end up with a duff coin now.

When dealing with a Govt...the simple fix (send in the incorrect COA...RM sends correct one out) which in all sense would be the cheapest safest and most cost effective for all does not get a run in the RM policy manual. Seems a universal Govt dept approach across the planet.

Top 30 Computer Says No GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

14 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

If the coin is perfect, why bother with the COA? I mean, I understand it in principle. But if it’s at the risk of getting a dud coin, I’d probably not care too much about an incorrect COA.

Most people in the collecting community will know soon enough that the RM has made this mistake in packaging, so reselling may not be much of a problem.

Just now, westminstrel said:

If the coin is perfect, why bother with the COA? I mean, I understand it in principle. But if it’s at the risk of getting a dud coin, I’d probably not care too much about an incorrect COA.

Most people in the collecting community will know soon enough that the RM has made this mistake in packaging, so reselling may not be much of a problem.

I know, but it's more of a principal thing for me. Also, if I was to buy this coin on the secondary market I would want the whole package. 

On 04/09/2022 at 23:41, Hanz said:

The coins are flawless at 5x magnification, i am in 2 minds to return them for an appropriate COA. Might keep them as an anomaly, once royalmint replies.

I think you'd be mad to do so myself if you're happy with the coins.

8 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

That is an absolutely absurd policy. They have the record of your purchase and of delivery. It's not like you're trying to scam them out of a CoA or anything is it if you are sending one back?

I don't know if it's worth mentioning but remember the 2017 Strike on the Day that was sent out with Proof certificates? The two main grading companies both said they were Proof, graded them as such, and both refused to even believe initially the Mint's correction.

Well that was obviously a real problem for the Mint and past and future MS SotD's, they didn't mind simply exchanging the CoAs that time did they? In fact, wasn't their letter asking for people to exchange them rather a 'begging letter'? I don't have the letter (I'd love a copy!) but I do have one graded as a PF with the original 'error' certificate :)

Stuff them, I'm so glad I may only have to deal with them one or two more times possibly (another Sovereign or two for Queenie, and perhaps the first one for Charlie, to finish my collection).

5 hours ago, Alz111 said:

Well I’ve just returned my 2oz silver and cancelled my subscription.

I bet they end up cancelling this series

4 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

I know, but it's more of a principal thing for me. Also, if I was to buy this coin on the secondary market I would want the whole package. 

They can just post you out a replacement COA

5 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

Are you using 'backyard bullion' as the name as they are very foolish sending the wrong things with your notoriety! 

Would be good if they balsed up a run of the coins (ie £1 instead of £2 or the date as 2025) that would add value am I right??

1 hour ago, blackadder said:

I was thinking that? Maybe you can get 0001 COA.  ;) 

Edited by Stacktastic

30 minutes ago, Stacktastic said:

Are you using 'backyard bullion' as the name as they are very foolish sending the wrong things with your notoriety! 

Would be good if they balsed up a run of the coins (ie £1 instead of £2 or the date as 2025) that would add value am I right??

I was thinking that? Maybe you can get 0001 COA.  ;) 

They most likely however have no idea which number COA should have been with that coin :P

2 minutes ago, blackadder said:

They most likely however have no idea which number COA should have been with that coin :P

In theory there should be 1oz silver coin out there with a 2oz silver coa. If that owner never does anything about it or even realise there's a cockup so keeps it...... 2 of the same coa's can't exist right? What happens in that scenario?

6 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

In theory there should be 1oz silver coin out there with a 2oz silver coa. If that owner never does anything about it or even realise there's a cockup so keeps it...... 2 of the same coa's can't exist right? What happens in that scenario?

Only in theory. The Mint are not that efficient to have simply mixed some of them up imvho. Sometimes they send out CoAs beyond the number of coins actually sold. That's just one example (of many I have).

Edited by kimchi

Subscribe to coin series with bank account details and get free box with second coin, err no you buy third coin and get box, has been problem free box if you buy 4th coin??

You are on the hook for the "free box" literally the same MO as a Nigerian scam.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

3 hours ago, blackadder said:

I bet they end up cancelling this series

Yeah they said they would send out a new COA, I told them the capsule lid was off, I screwed it on straight away but there’s a couple of marks & I can’t be sure if it’s dust or not so it’s going back 🙈

My 2oz silver coin turned up today along with 1/4oz gold. Very, very disappointed, the silver coins has marks on it like water has ran across it, and the 1/4oz next to the queen's chin and up to her nose has 3 or 4 actually divots in the coin. 

I would upload some pictures, but I was so dejected that I just put them straight back into the boxes. The COA's were correct though 🙄

This entire series is turning out to be an entire farce and disaster for RM and shows just how bad their quality control is.

I don’t remember any series with this many issues before.

I would have liked to have carried on with this series but after the issues I had with the first coin and returned coins, I decided it wasn’t for me.

2oz bullion it is from now on and I hope you all get your issues resolved one way or another.

7 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

I have a summons to call them tomorrow to arrange payment as my old card expired. I have the 2 waiting form the continuity set but I'm going to cancel them I think. Shame, I was really up for this series when they were announced. Any news on the boxes? 

🫢 I have to call them as well🤔