• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Royal Tudor Beasts - Royal Mint Launch Event, Oct 7

5 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

… and here’s the bunc £5 ones.

Nice packaging too, again not had any in the RM packaging before, although I do have some bunc 50p coins, just the coins, not packaged up. Anyone else collect 50p’s? 🤔

Another newbie question I’m afraid - is it better to leave them sealed rather than removing from the outer film packet to view the packaging? 🤔

….Blimey, this collecting lark is far more complicated than stacking bullion! 😂😂

911F0CD8-FA37-4580-B5E8-937C0F7BEF27.jpeg

B737A443-D6D1-4C7E-A35B-82DA54CF6426.jpeg

It would be ok to remove the outer packaging to view the coin shouldn’t be a problem as I have previously checked the coins.

Thanks @Alz111 I may not bother, as I’m sure there will be many YouTube videos with people showing the packaging, so will probably leave them intact for now, but good to know 👍

Might even get an unpackaged one from one of the internet retailers too, and start a £5 coin branch of the collection 😊 though lord knows the 50p ones have multiplied like crazy! 😂

Edited by Scootermuppet
Extra text

34 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

Well, number 2348 has landed! 😁 1oz silver proof, along with 2 bunc £5 coins…

Hope they show up in the post, not added any pictures here on the iPad before 🤔

0D7571AE-EC07-4685-A86D-39AC29B0A637.jpeg

8BDC68B8-D42C-4CF8-88A8-73EDB6EAE1E5.jpeg

hoping the marks visible are dust etc on the capsule - newbie question, is it ok to open capsule to view the surface of the coin? I know not to touch without cotton gloves, or at all if possible, but not sure about opening the capsule…? Thanks

Bob

Yes its OK to open..just use gloves,cotton if you handle it. I'd open it just to see if that long mark on the obverse isn't on the coin..looks like a milkspot streak.....hope its the capsule or just the lighting and not on the coin.🤔

27 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

… and here’s the bunc £5 ones.

Nice packaging too, again not had any in the RM packaging before, although I do have some bunc 50p coins, just the coins, not packaged up. Anyone else collect 50p’s? 🤔

Another newbie question I’m afraid - is it better to leave them sealed rather than removing from the outer film packet to view the packaging? 🤔

….Blimey, this collecting lark is far more complicated than stacking bullion! 😂😂

911F0CD8-FA37-4580-B5E8-937C0F7BEF27.jpeg

B737A443-D6D1-4C7E-A35B-82DA54CF6426.jpeg

My QB buncs I have kept pristine in the packaging myself

6 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Yes its OK to open..just use gloves,cotton if you handle it. I'd open it just to see if that long mark on the obverse isn't on the coin..looks like a milkspot streak.....hope its the capsule or just the lighting and not on the coin.🤔

Probably just my dodgy photography! But worth a check, thanks for the heads up 👍 Will drop a post on here with some ‘naked’ pics of the coin once I get a chance to set the camera up and photograph it out of the capsule - these photos were just from the phone.

11 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

My QB buncs I have kept pristine in the packaging myself

Probably not a bad idea, have seen mention of some of them becoming quite valuable over time. And would be a shame to have that happen and miss out because I’d opened it! 🤦🏻

Not fussed if they don’t though, will be nice just to have a complete collection of the Royal Tudor Beasts in 5 years 🙂

Edited by Scootermuppet
Missed word…

6 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

Probably not a bad idea, have seen mention of some of them becoming quite valuable over time. And would be a shame to have that happen and miss out because I’d opened it! 🤦🏻

Not fussed if they don’t though, will be nice just to have a complete collection of the Royal Tudor Beasts in 5 years 🙂

some of the QB buns were going for around £150.00, more than the two ounce bullion coins

11 minutes ago, Rll1288 said:

some of the QB buns were going for around £150.00, more than the two ounce bullion coins

Holy Moley! 😳 definitely not opening them now! 😂

10 minutes ago, GrahamDiamond said:

Check out Absolute Coins on You Tube he lives near the Royal Mint Site, he opens all the newly released BUNC Coins and shows the inside literature and photographs so you do not open yours Coinster.

…and there’s the solution! - Cheers @GrahamDiamond 😁👍

love this forum! ☺️

Edited by Scootermuppet
Spelling…

Unfortunately for me, my 2oz silver needs to be returned 😔

as you can see in the photo, there is a contact mark to the right of 2022. I’m 99% certain it’s not a piece of debris.

i say 99 because the capsule is on so tight that I cannot remove it, leaving a 1% chance that it might actually blow away with a hair dryer…

it matters not anyway, because I can see a number of very small milk spots that can barely be seen without a loupe. My photography skills and equipment aren’t good enough to show the milk spots but here’s the scratch by the date.

I guess I’ll take the rest of the weekend deciding whether to request a replacement or just a refund.

F07105DF-6EC9-43AE-B255-8FA32970E465.png

1 minute ago, SilverJacks said:

Unfortunately for me, my 2oz silver needs to be returned 😔

as you can see in the photo, there is a contact mark to the right of 2022. I’m 99% certain it’s not a piece of debris.

i say 99 because the capsule is on so tight that I cannot remove it, leaving a 1% chance that it might actually blow away with a hair dryer…

it matters not anyway, because I can see a number of very small milk spots that can barely be seen without a loupe. My photography skills and equipment aren’t good enough to show the milk spots but here’s the scratch by the date.

I guess I’ll take the rest of the weekend deciding whether to request a replacement or just a refund.

F07105DF-6EC9-43AE-B255-8FA32970E465.png

Ahhh sorry to hear/see that. Just as it was all going so well too. Personally I'd return as having a proof coin with scratches ain't acceptable considering the mark up in price. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 minutes ago, James32 said:

Ahhh sorry to hear/see that. Just as it was all going so well too. Personally I'd return as having a proof coin with scratches ain't acceptable considering the mark up in price. 

Agreed. I think if RM agreed to replace it, it would likely mean waiting for the late November batch... I might just ask for the refund, since these coins come with such baggage that causes some degree of hassle and stress.

15 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

Agreed. I think if RM agreed to replace it, it would likely mean waiting for the late November batch... I might just ask for the refund, since these coins come with such baggage that causes some degree of hassle and stress.

Yeah do what's right for you bud. Although what I can say is I'm sure they will replace if you decide to go that route. agreed the wait and hassle takes the excitement and fun out of the equation and if my 1oz arrives with Mark's then it's a refund and I'm moving on to something else.

I hadn't even thought about buying proofs in my early questions, I was always intending to buy bullion 1/4 gold's and some silver, but after reading this thread and hearing what people with far more knowledge than me had to say, I became interested in its potential.

I just popped onto Royal Mints website, and it still let me buy 1 x 1oz silver 10 series (for me!) and 3 x bunc 10 series (for kids!).

I've had e mail confirmation, says shipping mid October, and like everyone else, 5 quid postage only taken initially.

Just in case anyone assumed nothing available. 

Unless of course, it goes wrong in the mean time🤣.

I always unseal the capsule on silver proofs just to further inspect the coin. Capsules tend to have surface blemishes, marks, tiny scratches and smudges that can mislead the perception that the actual coin is imperfect🥺🤔😊. And I tend to keep nickel BUNCS in the original RM packaging😊

Edited by Shell
More text.

1 hour ago, FFposh said:

I just popped onto Royal Mints website, and it still let me buy 1 x 1oz silver 10 series (for me!) and 3 x bunc 10 series (for kids!)

1 oz and 1 Kg silver, also 1, 2 and 5oz Gold still able to be added to a basket on the website. Which i guess means you can place orders? 

78av.gif

7 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

1 oz and 1 Kg silver, also 1, 2 and 5oz Gold still able to be added to a basket on the website. Which i guess means you can place orders? 

Yea I believe so but will have a November release date