• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

EU: Declare how much gold you have got

1 hour ago, Martlet said:

Once they have the means and will to track assets, they'll make sure they track it accurately including private transactions.  No good claiming you have no gold if dont have whats expected from the record, they'll tax you on assumption you disposed of it.  

On the other hand naff all chance they'll get something this complex to implementation.

A very good point, they might try to do this. Much more effective than demanding you hand your gold in. They did something similar with property, in Western Germany after the war - every property owner was obliged to take a mortgage worth 50% of his property and pay it to the government which was kind enough to take the burden of raising a credit on your behalf, so you didn't need to bother about any administrative details.

19 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

This appears to be a tender to look into the possibility of setting up a database in order to detect money laundering and tax evasion...

"This project shall look into various possibilities for collecting information to set up an asset registry which may afterwards feed into a future policy initiative... The possibility to include in the registry data related to the ownership of other assets such as cryptocurrencies, works of art, real estate, and gold, shall also be considered."

So, I would guess any developments are a good few years away!

Yes, it is such a tender, it certainly is not immediately around the corner. At this point they are looking into how they could do this in practice. This being said, it shows where they want to go.

3 minutes ago, sixgun said:

In my case my tragic boating accident has been documented on the forum several times over several years. The thing is it never really happened. But it doesn't end there. i have been a total fake.
It has also been documented on numerous occasions i am a lunatic and i am. i will have to come clean now - in my state of madness i have live a fantasy life imagining the Earth was flat, Elvis lives on the dark side of the Moon and worst of all in have a stash of precious metal coins and bars. i confess i was a fantasist. i am ashamed of myself and offer my most profound apologies to the membership.

:lol::lol::lol:

Remember reading about a Jewish guy in ww2 as the Nazis advanced to his town, plundering along the way. He cast all his gold coins into two massive door hinges and swapped them out, and painted them black. He was captured, saw out the war, survived and eventually got to return to his plundered ransacked home with his solidly supported door still in tact

3 hours ago, SidS said:

The whole idea of preventing money laundering and tackling crime. Great on the tin, but actually the criminals will simply find a way around it. Instead the ordinary, law abiding folk will be hit instead, as always.

Funny phrase "money laundering" all it really is they don't want you using anything other than the company coupon, and isn't it funny that we have given up our right to arms but the criminals (governments) are quite happy to  have them.

22 hours ago, SidS said:

The whole idea of preventing money laundering and tackling crime. Great on the tin, but actually the criminals will simply find a way around it. Instead the ordinary, law abiding folk will be hit instead, as always.

I withdrew cash from one account to put into my son's savings account last week, they wanted to know where the money came from. Also previously I tried putting a small amount of cash into the mother-in-law's account and this is no longer allowed. If the powers at be can't track it then your money laundering. 

12 hours ago, Lyrinn said:

All UK forum members need to tell HMRC that the EU is to blame for sending over so much precious metal that it caused the terrible boating accident by capsizing the boats.

No need, correct me if I am wrong but you can read this thread without being a member from a simple Google search. HMRC probably read this over breakfast creating their investigate list. Good job I am as boring as they come.

4 hours ago, SilverStorm said:

No you didn’t, you lost all of it in a boating accident.  For goodness sake, get your story correct!   😝😆

Do you have a insurance claim for that?  When you sell on, who does the buyer put on the declaration form? 

If the authorities went ahead with this, they are not going to leave large loopholes.

If only my stack of PM's were as big as my stash of 'rhythm magazines' and online servers I've burnt out from polishing my trumpet.  

I suspect if that were the case - I could of retired at the ripe old age of 21.....

If only it were a form of currency......

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454