• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

EU: Declare how much gold you have got

This is important information for all forum members who live in the EU:

The EU wants to create a centralised, EU-wide data base of the assets of its inhabitants, including property, works of art, crypto currencies - and gold. Not sure about silver.

Well, there is no other reason to do that than trying to steal it from you, eventually (after the hyperinflation).

That's why it's a good idea to buy it in person, rather than ordering it online - if you bought online and don't declare it, you might get trouble at some point. Of course, it's impossible to prove you haven't lost it in a tragic boat accident. However, given the state of law is ever more openly spit on by the politicians, you might still face trouble. However, gold is still one of only a very few possibilities to avoid getting your wealth taken away by the Neo-Bolsheviks. If you have property you rent out or shares, they can just take it - and they will in the not too distant future.

https://ted.europa.eu/udl?uri=TED:NOTICE:358265-2021:TEXT:DE:HTML&tabId=1

Edited by silenceissilver

And probably becuase the ECB is broke also!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Look at turkey they are asking people to surrender gold!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

I need to watch again the movie Robin Hood where the Sheriff of Nottingham ( the actor that later appeared in Harry Potter as potions & spells master ) instructs his troops to raid the grain stored by the local peasants literally starving them to death over winter. With so much government debt, forget the bankrupt EU, and and a political reluctance to raise taxes, plus NHS back-log and social care etc etc to fund, who knows what is round the corner. For sure the uber-rich and city slickers will have their accountants and tax advisers working overtime in order that they avoid any hit on their wealth and assets whereas the rest of us will get raided like the "peasants" we are. Time to get that rifle licence ?
PS - I sold all my gold

Edited by Pete

Once they have the means and will to track assets, they'll make sure they track it accurately including private transactions.  No good claiming you have no gold if dont have whats expected from the record, they'll tax you on assumption you disposed of it.  

On the other hand naff all chance they'll get something this complex to implementation.

@silenceissilver property not much chance of hiding that, but the rest f--k them & that goes for the UK if they ever start something like that. I can waste my own money if I want I don't need the EU  or government to do it for me.

Edited by motorbikez

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

I think this is more about gold, rather than crypto, works of art and property.

Crypto, works of art and property has been added to the mix, so it's not obvious that it's really about gold.

However, I think controls will probably be put in place for crypto etc. but not as much control as there would be for gold.

If we have to sell our gold bullion to the government, they'll reset the price to make it easier for us to do it.

Making gold bullion illegal will also encourage us to sell.

I think history may very well repeat.

Edited by GoldenGriffin

37 minutes ago, Martlet said:

they'll make sure they track it accurately including private transactions.  No good claiming you have no gold if dont have whats expected from the record, they'll tax you on assumption you disposed of it.  

I swear, Ill wrap the head into any government or bureaucratic agency that attempts on trying to track or confiscate my friends Gold.

35 minutes ago, ady said:

Perhaps they just want to know who has all the Hunter Biden paintings.

Property can be tracked pretty easily and so can crypto - possibly a bit trickier to track is works of art.

The trickiest of all is tracking physical gold.

Just because someone bought a significant amount of gold at a point in time, doesn't necessarily mean they have it now, or not all of it.

I think starting to track gold now, in the lead-up to the reset (my prediction is 2033) is an indicator, as to what could happen further down the line and makes the process a little easier doing it now.

How else is all that global debt going to be settled!!?

Edited by GoldenGriffin

3 hours ago, silenceissilver said:

This appears to be a tender to look into the possibility of setting up a database in order to detect money laundering and tax evasion...

"This project shall look into various possibilities for collecting information to set up an asset registry which may afterwards feed into a future policy initiative... The possibility to include in the registry data related to the ownership of other assets such as cryptocurrencies, works of art, real estate, and gold, shall also be considered."

So, I would guess any developments are a good few years away!

2 hours ago, Minimalist said:

For the record I dont own any metals, never have, never will. When I purchase on here its for a friend.

Anyway, since that is out the way…

This was inevitable regarding the database. Its been planned for decades.

No one here owns any gold. We all just love the pictures of the shiny metal.

I would love to see how a gold coin really looks like but they are really pretty on those photos. 

4 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

"This project shall look into various possibilities for collecting information to set up an asset registry which may afterwards feed into a future policy initiative... The possibility to include in the registry data related to the ownership of other assets such as cryptocurrencies, works of art, real estate, and gold, shall also be considered."

I wonder how much this initiative if it gets off the ground, will actually wake people up. It will sure be good for spurring the development of black (read free) markets.

This appears to be a tender to look into the possibility of setting up a database in order to detect money laundering and tax evasion...

Detecting money laundering and tax evasion - this is probably the reason that's required to kick this project off and in my opinion, throw people off the scent in terms of what the real agenda is.

The possibility to include in the registry data related to the ownership of other assets such as cryptocurrencies, works of art, real estate, and gold, shall also be considered."

This reads like gold etc. are afterthoughts "also considered" - are they really afterthoughts? Nah, and in my experience, the last keyword used in a statement like that is the most significant (gold).

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I need to watch again the movie Robin Hood where the Sheriff of Nottingham ( the actor that later appeared in Harry Potter as potions & spells master ) instructs his troops to raid the grain stored by the local peasants literally starving them to death over winter. With so much government debt, forget the bankrupt EU, and and a political reluctance to raise taxes, plus NHS back-log and social care etc etc to fund, who knows what is round the corner. For sure the uber-rich and city slickers will have their accountants and tax advisers working overtime in order that they avoid any hit on their wealth and assets whereas the rest of us will get raided like the "peasants" we are. Time to get that rifle licence ?
PS - I sold all my gold

I have read somewhere - I think it must have been the EU as well - they are considering introducing a carbon tax for flights - BUT not for owners of private jets - because - well, I'm not really sure but I think the reason given was something along the lines of "but they are important". The Rothschilds bought a lot of gold in 2016 and a bit later also Soros - I'm pretty sure, their stash will not be in any central EU data base. As a matter of fact I would bet all my gold on it, if I had any, unfortunately I don't.