• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

IGNORE

muneeb

So I was negotiating a deal with someone on this website for gold, was initially getting it for £445 and I was ready to buy at that price and so was the seller. I accidentally wrote £455 or 450 final price? And he agreed on 450.. 

ive made the purchase and it hasn’t been sent out yet. Can I get my money back or do I have to suffer the loss:/ as I was getting a 10 g much cheaper directly from bullion .

• muneeb changed the title to IGNORE
17 minutes ago, muneeb said:

I accidentally wrote £455 or 450 final price? And he agreed on 450.. 

You accidentally wrote it and then both agreed on it, and then even after that you’ve made the payment at the final agreed price of £450?

Doesn’t really read like it was an accident, it reads like you’ve changed your mind after the fact.

Dont go back on a deal that has been made and finalised. Reputation is everything on here, honour the deal you’ve made.

Edited by Shep

Hi,

I am kind of new to the forum so I wanted to delete this but don't know how to. We agreed on £445 but then before sending payment I tried to knock a bit more off. Luckily the seller was good and has returned me the money I paid extra for.

Just now, Shep said:

Well the sellers a better man/woman than me.

Welcome to the forum and good luck to you.

Shep

Yes, he was very understanding and kind. Thank you! Any way I can delete this thread?

1 minute ago, muneeb said:

Yes, he was very understanding and kind. Thank you! Any way I can delete this thread?

I don’t think they like to make a habit of deleting threads but you could try tagging one of the moderators in a comment, or use the report function (3 dots at the top right of your comments).

Shep

1 minute ago, Shep said:

I don’t think they like to make a habit of deleting threads but you could try tagging one of the moderators in a comment, or use the report function (3 dots at the top right of your comments).

Shep

Thank you!

If you agree on a price that should be the agreed price. If you need more time to think before making a deal I think it's better to say that up front than to change your mind.
I appreciate you might not have been buying metals for long but from some of your threads and messages if the £ price movements worry you then perhaps better buying either smaller pieces or just sitting on your cash a little longer if you don't feel comfortable right now. Maybe it would put your mind at ease more to watch the price movements for a period of time before converting some £ to gold? 

1 minute ago, modofantasma said:

If you agree on a price that should be the agreed price. If you need more time to think before making a deal I think it's better to say that up front than to change your mind.
I appreciate you might not have been buying metals for long but from some of your threads and messages if the £ price movements worry you then perhaps better buying either smaller pieces or just sitting on your cash a little longer if you don't feel comfortable right now. Maybe it would put your mind at ease more to watch the price movements for a period of time before converting some £ to gold? 

Hi there,

Thank you for advice. The whole figure in our conversation got muddled up in the middle of the conversation. We were talking about £445. It was a confusion in our convo and he has returned the extra money that was sent. 

Got the deal we were initially talking about. Also, yes the threads were just advice on if it was a good time to invest in gold right now due to the drop etc. Got small pieces today.

regards

11 minutes ago, morezone said:

You have posted in a public forum.  We will not delete threads or remove them from public view unless it contravenes the forums T&Cs.

Your original post has been reinstated in order to keep the replies in context and coherent.

Okay, thank you!

Imagine marrying a woman but spotting out a more attractive woman between the wedding wow and the bridal night. I think the families of some brides would kill you on the spot, certainly most would beat you the c**p out of you. Pacta sunt servanda. This is not specific to the precious metal market or the silver forum. If I was the seller, I'd give you negative feedback and warn every potential seller of you - and insist you pay. 

21 minutes ago, silenceissilver said:

Imagine marrying a woman but spotting out a more attractive woman between the wedding wow and the bridal night. I think the families of some brides would kill you on the spot, certainly most would beat you the c**p out of you. Pacta sunt servanda. This is not specific to the precious metal market or the silver forum. If I was the seller, I'd give you negative feedback and warn every potential seller of you - and insist you pay. 

I did pay, and you’ve understood what I said wrong mate.

I didn’t ask for my money back, just the price that we agreed on first. Issue is sorted anyway and I should get my metal this week!:)

12 hours ago, muneeb said:

Hi,

I am kind of new to the forum so I wanted to delete this but don't know how to. We agreed on £445 but then before sending payment I tried to knock a bit more off. Luckily the seller was good and has returned me the money I paid extra for.

Some of your comments seem confusing, confused, or both, but the above seems crystal clear.

You agreed a deal (contract) at £445, then you freely admit that you tried to renegotiate the price downwards in your favour. This is not an ethical or acceptable way of trying to transact business in the UK or most other civilised countries, although it may be standard practice in some parts of the world.

Is your honour or reputation really worth as little as £5?

You would only ever pull a similar trick on me once, ever!

🙂

Chards

Some buyers just can't resist trying to screw the last few pounds or even pence out of you. Even if you offer them a superb deal, they have to have the last word and get a further reduction.

I will tolerate a little bartering but if I think they are taking the mick, I just end the conversation there.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

37 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Some of your comments seem confusing, confused, or both, but the above seems crystal clear.

You agreed a deal (contract) at £445, then you freely admit that you tried to renegotiate the price downwards in your favour. This is not an ethical or acceptable way of trying to transact business in the UK or most other civilised countries, although it may be standard practice in some parts of the world.

Is your honour or reputation really worth as little as £5?

You would only ever pull a similar trick on me once, ever!

🙂

Was a £10 difference in the whole thing, and every £ matters to me!:)

8 minutes ago, Jvw said:

I was about to say. A title which says IGNORE begs for hits. :) 

🤣🤣

In fairness, I think the OP has learned two valuable lessons here and has actually made this thread worthwhile.

Firstly, always follow through on your agreement. Whether buying or selling, it is vital to stick to your word.

Secondly, be careful starting topics. I'm sure this one is regrettable, however well intended it may have been. 

9 minutes ago, muneeb said:

Was a £10 difference in the whole thing, and every £ matters to me!:)

🤣🤣

... and it does not matter to the other person you are trying to screw over?

Your comment also carries the clear implication that the other person does not matter either.

Perhaps you should have used a noun instead of a verb as your thread title. 🙂

Chards

2 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

In fairness, I think the OP has learned two valuable lessons here and has actually made this thread worthwhile.

Firstly, always follow through on your agreement. Whether buying or selling, it is vital to stick to your word.

Secondly, be careful starting topics. I'm sure this one is regrettable, however well intended it may have been. 

I agree that there are two valuable lessons here and it has actually made this thread worthwhile...

but..

I am not convinced that "...the OP has learned..."🙂

Chards

9 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

Yes, two lessons well learnt! All new to the forum and it was my first purchase on this site. 

Know what to do and look out for next time.

6 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I agree that there are two valuable lessons here and it has actually made this thread worthwhile...

but..

I am not convinced that "...the OP has learned..."🙂

Haha, why’s that🤨