• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

Interesting. Clears up the question of when payment will be taken but also introduces the clear possibility of more than one 2023 sovereign. 12 weeks to receive coins too - so January at the earliest….

Will there be two Sovereigns in 2023? 

The Sovereign is an annual release by The Royal Mint, on occasions when milestone events happen throughout history, The Royal Mint will produce additional Sovereigns to mark that moment. Unfortunately, we are unable to share specific details about any coin launches happening in 2023 at this moment in time. We will share further details across our social media channels when we can. 

Will payment be taken upfront for my product?

Orders containing coins or sets from the Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II Memorial Sovereign and Coin Collection will be charged at the point of purchase and not upon despatch. You will be notified via email when your item has been despatched.

When can I expect to receive my sovereign? 

We will aim to despatch your product within 12 weeks from point of purchase. Once your item has been despatched, you will be notified via email.

50 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Will there be two Sovereigns in 2023? 

No. There will technically be THREE Sovereigns in 2023.

- January 2023 - Memorial Sovereign dated 2022

- May 2023 - Coronation Sovereign dated 2023

- End-2023 - Annual 2024 Sovereign dated 2024

Any more and I’ll be left sucking my thumb. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

9 minutes ago, auleAboutNumismatics said:

Really curious how they are going to squeeze the design to a quarter sovereign. :D

I feel the same about the full sovereign. My instinct is that this will only really look good on the double and quintuple. They may surprise me of course!! They will no doubt also be issuing art prints. The usual. If people like the design that would absolutely be something to go for.

11 minutes ago, auleAboutNumismatics said:

Really curious how they are going to squeeze the design to a quarter sovereign. :D

Coins have pretty intricate microdesigns for security too.

With digital technology it’s really not that hard - since the dies are laser engraved, not hand tooled.

3 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I feel the same about the full sovereign. My instinct is that this will only really look good on the double and quintuple. They may surprise me of course!! They will no doubt also be issuing art prints. The usual. If people like the design that would absolutely be something to go for.

Indeed, what this design looks like on a tiny coin is another matter. A jumbled mess methinks. 😏

2 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

I did think that when I saw the design initially this weekend, it’s a very ‘busy’ design.

A nice design none the less but still ‘busy’.

1 hour ago, AndrewSL76 said:

“The bullion coin range will be available for pre-sale from 31 January 2023.”

https://www.royalmint.com/sovereign/register-your-interest-for-bullion-memorial-sovereign/

... and they will be dated 2022 when launched in end January 2023.

And logically assuming there should be a bullion 2023 version.

What a busy year for Sovereign collectors. LOL...

2 hours ago, AndrewSL76 said:

“The bullion coin range will be available for pre-sale from 31 January 2023.”

https://www.royalmint.com/sovereign/register-your-interest-for-bullion-memorial-sovereign/

Probably to be expected, interesting to think if this helps or hinders value of the proof. It would have been interesting to see the design being exclusive to the proofs however would it then be considered not a real soverign?

14 hours ago, paulmerton said:

I'm going to buy a quarter sovereign every time someone writes que instead of queue tomorrow.

que, que, que, que, que, que, que, que, que, que, que, que, que, que, que, que, que, que, que, que

😂

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

2 hours ago, apachebleu said:

Probably to be expected, interesting to think if this helps or hinders value of the proof. It would have been interesting to see the design being exclusive to the proofs however would it then be considered not a real soverign?

A bullion version must hinder the value of the proof - but at least the RM has told us before the release - but some of us have already pre-ordered our proofs!

There have been quite a number of years when there have only been proof sovereigns: 1983-1999 (including the popular 1989 special design).

3 hours ago, westminstrel said:

No. There will technically be THREE Sovereigns in 2023.

- January 2023 - Memorial Sovereign dated 2022

- May 2023 - Coronation Sovereign dated 2023

- End-2023 - Annual 2024 Sovereign dated 2024

Any more and I’ll be left sucking my thumb. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

I'm still wondering if the Coronation Sovereign dated 2023 will be the same design but released as plain edged only?? 
https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/4170186 

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

37 minutes ago, Cornishfarmer said:

the royal mint pulled from top cash back today     

If anyone uses Perks At Work (cashback programme via your employer) I've just seen that Royal Mint are on there for 3% 'Wowpoints' - thanks for the prompt, I wouldn't have checked otherwise! 

12 minutes ago, katmonkey said:

Can you get in the queue before 9am, is there a link that the R.M. emails you?

Be on the RM site at 8.30 and refresh to join the queue 

And check out other dealers at 9am e.g. chards 

Edited by harrygill111