• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

HP may be popular, but not all Harry Potter fans collect coins. And like any mega franchise, Harry Potter has a terrible load of merchandise already which hardcore fans have been collecting for years.

The overlap between HP fans and coin collectors may be smaller than we think.

14 hours ago, Solachesis said:

As someone who spent a year trying to get a ps5, hell no 😂

It's been a terrible year for the flippers selling below issue price.

I know TSF members are a compassionate lot.

Christmas is just round the corner.

I am providing a room for a flipper over Christmas and I hope other members will consider doing the same.

Just now, goldhunter said:

It's been a terrible year for the flippers selling below issue price.

I know TSF members are a compassionate lot.

Christmas is just round the corner.

I am providing a room for a flipper over Christmas and I hope other members will consider doing the same.

Two sovereigns will get you B and B for the week🤔😁

21 minutes ago, Taikonaut said:

The Potter coins transends numistica. Traditional coincollectors may not be a fan and some might sight see its gimmicky but not the fans. Listing here does not represent the wider population. We are small pool of people really.

Very true, I know lots of friends and family who think I'm weird buying coins but wanted harry potters for themselves and their kids, they don't care about sovereigns.

3 hours ago, JohnV66 said:

This seems like wishful thinking. Judging from last year's 2022 release in what was a "lockdown" type of situation, everything disappeared within a couple of hours. I reckon they'll sell out on the day. Bear in mind there are multiple international buyers not just U.K. based collectors. I'll be eagerly waiting in the queue on Tuesday for both the full and half proof.

Don't get me wrong I believe the serious collector sets will go fast,probably too fast for most of us to get a sniff of one but I just have my doubts about the individual coins. 

I may well be wrong, probably will be, but I think the current financial crisis doesn't lend itself to big unnecessary splurges for most people. I know I'm in a lucky position but I don't have to look far for people struggling to keep the lights on, it's a different landscape than this time last year.

Remember that in lockdown people were bored at home and dabbling in all kinds of weird hobbies that they have now forgotten about, coins for many will fall in to that category.

Either way I'll be there trying for a set 

5 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

The actions of a man who already knows he's going to buy something expensive and is now working his way backwards to justify spending the money 🤣 

I hope you don't mind me copying your work if I have to explain 6 grand going out the bank account on Tuesday

Get a royal mint credit account instead ! ;)

Paying it off 15% chunks each month is much easier on the wallet 

3 hours ago, Paul said:

Been doing some paper workings out and random number crunching and brain droppings in light of Tuesdays launch and drawing some comparisons, so thought i'd share them 

IMG_5136.JPG

IMG_5138.JPG

Sorry Paul to throw spanner in your works, (not too much though), I also did some digging by looking back and and I think the 5 set coin at first rrp was £4795 not £4920. Percent increase to price for new 5 set is 16.68%, not the 13.71% in my spreadsheet. So it looks like the 4 coin set has less of a increase than the 5 coin set. Thanks for your number crunching 

Edited by Slam

9 minutes ago, Slam said:

Sorry Paul to throw spanner in your works, (not too much though), I also did some digging by looking back and and I think the 4 set coin at first rrp was £4795 not £4920. Percent increase to price for new 4 set is 16.68%, not the 13.71% in my spreadsheet. So it looks like the 4 coin set has less of a increase than the 5 coin set. Thanks for your number crunching 

Sorry, I never realised

I was working off the figures posted earlier in the thread. Thanks for highlighting 

14 minutes ago, Slam said:

Sorry Paul to throw spanner in your works, (not too much though), I also did some digging by looking back and and I think the 4 set coin at first rrp was £4795 not £4920. Percent increase to price for new 4 set is 16.68%, not the 13.71% in my spreadsheet. So it looks like the 4 coin set has less of a increase than the 5 coin set. Thanks for your number crunching 

I'm sure you meant 5 coin set, and I agree, the 5-coin set RRP was GBP4795 to my recollection. 

For random reference, a 2022 4-coin set all graded straight PF70s just sold for $2520 (incl BP) @ HA (would've fx'd to about GBP2170 at end of Oct).

Screen Shot 2022-11-13 at 7.55.14 AM.png

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

41 minutes ago, jultorsk said:

I'm sure you meant 5 coin set, and I agree, the 5-coin set RRP was GBP4795 to my recollection. 

For random reference, a 2022 4-coin set all graded straight PF70s just sold for $2520 (incl BP) @ HA (would've fx'd to about GBP2170 at end of Oct).

Yes sorry, meant 5 coin set, updated post, thanks for letting me know. 

10 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

The RM credit account is the gift that keeps on giving!    

just working out I can squeeze a 5 and 3 coin set plus a 1/2 on the account plus got funds for 3 more 5 coin sets I need to ring around like a crazy person on Tuesday morning. 

Plus I get an extra stab in the dark if I  get in the front of the dog 💩 queue-it system. 

either gonna end up with none or a pile…..it’s so exciting! 

I've over paid £1000 to mine earlier today to put my credit account into credit 

Will be trying for two five coin sets or a five a four 

£11k credit line to abuse Tues 

To avoid the credit card checkout procedure on Tues morn

59 minutes ago, jultorsk said:

Whhhooooaahh :( seems a very low price indeed for that for the four set. Mustn't be much love for sovs stateside 

20 minutes ago, Paul said:

Whhhooooaahh :( seems a very low price indeed for that for the four set. Mustn't be much love for sovs stateside 

To listen to some of the Merkin stacking channels, half of the market is struggling with the notion that they actually make gold coins in Canada, much less on the other side of the world.

In spite of the fact that the amount of gold minted in sovereigns outweighs the amount minted in gold eagles by a factor of about 10.

Edited by Silverlocks

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

13 minutes ago, AurumArgenti said:

It's not hard to workout roughly what I paid for mine on here. It wasn't £2170 either.😄

I don't think £2170 is representative of the market value here at all. Looking at what the 2022 have been going for in general I'm still happy enough.

My feeling and hope is that they will steadily again in value over the years.

I think the same will be said of the first charles sovereign. I'm a buyer.😉

Load up the truck..🚛🚚🚛🛻

2 hours ago, jultorsk said:

That is an amazingly low price even for raw coins let alone PF70s. I don’t get it. I am sure that they would sell for much more here. I will still be buying the first Charles III proof sovereigns but it does make me a little concerned about the future value, especially with the higher mintages.

A 5 coin set and a 4 coin set would be nice. Let’s hope that I am lucky. I wish everyone else good luck on Tuesday too.