• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2022 Sovereign design revealed?

4 hours ago, silversurf said:

Did anyone pre-order from @Allgoldcoins. A bit of a risk without knowing the mintage or exact design but worth it I think to avoid the RM craziness on launch day. Looking forward to the 3 coin set arriving next week, fingers crossed 🤞

Yep, so glad I did. Price was guaranteed and 100% sure I could shift it if I didn't like the design, although I personally plan on adding this to my others in my main collection to keep for the long term. Clive has been excellent in his comms, so no complaints from me at all

any news/ guesses if the bullion coin will be the one year shield pattern or the standars George and the Dragon e.g. do you think the proof coin only will have the special design. also will the bullion coin go live at the same time. its just I only want to go proof if the bullion is not the one off design

thanks!

29 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

My lips are sealed! 😎

Were you "guessing" based on last year's prices, because they sound familiar.

I know there are (were) dealers selling for a little below the RM prices and I am assuming a certain local to me dealer will also be doing so because they always do!😎

I do not expect them to disappoint😉

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

8 hours ago, Chris99a said:

any news/ guesses if the bullion coin will be the one year shield pattern or the standars George and the Dragon e.g. do you think the proof coin only will have the special design. also will the bullion coin go live at the same time. its just I only want to go proof if the bullion is not the one off design

thanks!

My guess is a proof release, and later - I hope a bullion version with the same design as such a special year.

I just hope it’s not another small privy mark on the standard design! 

40 minutes ago, Paul said:

With sovereignmania happening next week, I hope the great engravers gothic crown coin launches the Monday after so the flippers credit cards are still maxed out :)

Yep. And that when the second issue in the gothic crown is released it is launched the week after the new Britannia hits the shelves. Haha!!

10 hours ago, SilverJacks said:

@LawrenceChard If a dealer were to have them, would they be available on the release day, or later?

Years ago, some of these releases got shipped from the RM one or two days early, but now seems to have changed, so it can take a few days to a week or so to receive them.

Could this be a cunning ploy to get collectors to buy direct from RM so as to get them first? 😎

Chards

8 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Hahaha rope them in and have them on standby. I’m sure it will be limited to 1x or 3x. 

This is intriguing. I do wonder whether it's necessary to have household limits. Looking at the previous mintages and considering the demand has never been higher, I'm going to assume there'll be a limit. But that's just my guess. Maybe the mintage will be higher this year? We all hope not but hope we get what we're after at the same time 😂

2002 sovereign 20,500

2005 - 15,458

2012 - 8,158

2017 10,500

1 minute ago, SilverJacks said:

This is intriguing. I do wonder whether it's necessary to have household limits. Looking at the previous mintages and considering the demand has never been higher, I'm going to assume there'll be a limit. But that's just my guess. Maybe the mintage will be higher this year? We all hope not but hope we get what we're after at the same time 😂

2002 sovereign 20,500

2005 - 15,458

2012 - 8,158

2017 10,500

10,000 seems about right to me and only 2 per customer. 

5 minutes ago, Piperscoins said:

10,000 seems about right to me and only 2 per customer. 

I'd be happy with that, although I suspect it might be higher due to increased demand. Maybe they will keep the mintage relatively low whilst bearing in mind all the variants they might release

Does anyone have a figure in mind where they would draw the line and say, "too high, I'm out"...?

Edited by SilverJacks

8 minutes ago, SilverJacks said:

I'd be happy with that, although I suspect it might be higher due to increased demand. Maybe they will keep the mintage relatively low whilst bearing in mind all the variants they might release

Does anyone have a figure in mind where they would draw the line and say, "too high, I'm out"...?

The 2002 sovereign seems like a pretty high mintage to me. I've seen a few about for sale here and there and although a nice looking coin they seem pretty common. I'll guess at 20k because a few people reckon there should be enough to go around. Just a guess though. Personally I'd like to see it capped somewhere between 10k to 15k