• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

'Photo Only Topics' Discussion Thread

Message added by ChrisSilver,

There is also a new Precious Metals Photography section to discuss all things related to photography including techniques, questions, and discussions:

https://www.thesilverforum.com/forum/150-precious-metals-photography/

• Founder & Administrator

Posts moved to the discussion topic. Please use the discussion topic for topic rather than the photo only topics which are for photos only :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/07/2020 at 23:30, Lindeman said:

Gold 1914 S half eagle. Upgrading my collection of these iconic coins, and the San Francisco ones will be my focus.  Always risky bidding on these as raw coins...so I hope this one works out OK, and grades well eventually.  Hoping for an AU58; am I being too optimistic? Details good on the headress and feathers😊. Photos from the seller. 

DFF22C10-6338-4C61-90C3-132D750FDAF0.jpeg

9DC7DE07-F415-40AF-AD6E-1C5FF699D494.jpeg

Where do you get your pre 1933 coins? There don't seem to be many, in the UK. Some Double Eagles at Chards, some overprized bullionish ones at bullion by post but not that much more.

I agree @silenceissilver - not easy in the UK.  The UK auction houses are a better bet than the UK PM dealers for pre-33, but most of my recent half eagles like this one have been bought online from US sellers actually.  This one was via eBay from a seller with a good track record in US pre-33, which is at least a good sign.  I have sometimes been unlucky though - one time I bought a rarer 1916 S only to find out later it was a very good fake !  

49 minutes ago, Lindeman said:

I agree @silenceissilver - not easy in the UK.  The UK auction houses are a better bet than the UK PM dealers for pre-33, but most of my recent half eagles like this one have been bought online from US sellers actually.  This one was via eBay from a seller with a good track record in US pre-33, which is at least a good sign.  I have sometimes been unlucky though - one time I bought a rarer 1916 S only to find out later it was a very good fake !  

Thanks for that info. I also thought about buying at a US dealer but is there no import fee on it? Also, I might get the odd numismatic pre 33 coins but generally I'm interested in the coins rather on the bullion end of the spectrum. Are UK auction houses any good for this?

To non-US TSF members: Plan/schedule family vacation to California or Florida to coincide with a major coin show in that state and handpick your US coin/s and bring them back home with you.

• Founder & Administrator

Moved into the discussion topic. Please use the discussion topic for discussion as the photo only topics are for photos only, thank you :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, StackerNoob said:

A total stunner from @BackyardBullion, just opened this morning. A perfect fiddle piece for my home desk. I've done an unboxing so keep an eye out in the next couple days!

IMG_0419.JPG

That's an awesome photo. Looks a little like the death star!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

2 minutes ago, StackerNoob said:

You are in for a treat!

I already have the hammered planet along with the earth moon set so now I'll have 2 sets to switch out👍

Please Find me on Instagram  HERE            

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
19 hours ago, Mkman123 said:

@Gildeon You sent the larger Haiti to PCGS and then the minors to NGC? You didn't just send all 3 to one company?

I send most of my coins to NGC. But their large slab is too much for coins below 70mm, in my opinion. So I decided to submit some large ones to PCGS and I am pretty happy with the result.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Mox said:

Wasn’t sure where to put this. 1862 1.5 pence .925 silver coin, mintage for that year was 260,000. Originally weighed 0.71g, now weighs 0.65g. So small it’s hard to get a clear photo on my phone.

B180E829-FFAA-486B-96A2-A08F6B41C230.jpeg

D4A51827-4C1D-431E-BCFD-205918803641.jpeg

I got a couple of half dimes, tiny little things, id think almost pointless having coins so small, the half pence was a bit of a joke, must have been lost all the time..lol

20190426_082150.jpg

Edited by DarkChameleon
Add picture

• 1 month later...
29 minutes ago, Jamesd said:

End of the year so some time to take a photo of my personal stack. Been a great year for stacking and had the opportunity to get some truly awsome pieces. 

HAPPY XMAS GUYS AND GALS 

20201220_095448.jpg

20201220_095511.jpg

20201220_095603.jpg

20201220_095600.jpg

20201220_095525.jpg

20201220_095522.jpg

20201220_095520.jpg

20201220_095507.jpg

20201220_095502.jpg

20201220_095459.jpg

I think I have the same dining table as you! Unfortunately I dont have the same stack! Some great stuff there, great to see the net result of your trading. Love the big Libertad and the @StBeesSilver stuff. Very impressive stack.