• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three graces coin

29 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

Lovely set, lovely, just lovely.

Wish RM released sizes smaller than 2 oz gold.

On a separate note, my 2 oz Silver sent to PCGS was refused because the courier (or customs) removed the tape from the sides of the box, leaving holes at the sides and the box was squashed, like something heavy was sat on it in transit! 🥴

Sent it again with a different courier and this time, PCGS acknowledged receipt.

Hoping for at least a 69 - asked for conservation, but let's see what happens.  70 would mean a celebratory dance 🕺 is required in a locked room (my dancing style may be classed as 'outdated'!)

Edited by GoldenGriffin

1 minute ago, Numis65 said:

I don't blame you,it sounds like at least a potential 100% profit margin for them .

Absolutely, it's not just 2 oz's of silver for sale, it's much more than that.

That value is the historical aspect and the origins from where it was minted.

Really sought after coin.

Don't sell for a 'cheap as chips' price!

26 minutes ago, GoldenGriffin said:

Absolutely, it's not just 2 oz's of silver for sale, it's much more than that.

That value is the historical aspect and the origins from where it was minted.

Really sought after coin.

Don't sell for a 'cheap as chips' price!

Fully agree I don't mind anyone making bit but there seems some real cut-throat people in the coin industry 

Most are decent a lot on here are great but then there are some that would take as much as they can

I don't work that say and won't deal with anyone that does 

Can me please someone explizit this? A PF69 for 1895£,

https://britanniacoincompany.com/buy-coins/proof-sets/2020-three-graces-silver-two-ounce-pf69/

and a raw coin for 2750£?

https://britanniacoincompany.com/buy-coins/proof-sets/2020-the-three-graces-by-william-wyon-2oz-silver-proof/

Is a 69 so "worthless" for "serious" collectors and only a 70, of which much more exist, is it "worth" to be collected? I'm still thinking about sending my 3G to PCGS, but i better should let it be. The PF69 are since a couple of days listed. I don't get it.

1 minute ago, dikefalos said:

Can me please someone explizit this? A PF69 for 1895£,

https://britanniacoincompany.com/buy-coins/proof-sets/2020-three-graces-silver-two-ounce-pf69/

and a raw coin for 2750£?

https://britanniacoincompany.com/buy-coins/proof-sets/2020-the-three-graces-by-william-wyon-2oz-silver-proof/

Is a 69 so "worthless" for "serious" collectors and only a 70, of which much more exist, is it "worth" to be collected? I'm still thinking about sending my 3G to PCGS, but i better should let it be. The PF69 are since a couple of days listed. I don't get it.

I know its crazy.... 69's are so close to being perfect and to pay more money for something that may not even get that is ridiculous..

2 hours ago, Rll1288 said:

I know its crazy.... 69's are so close to being perfect and to pay more money for something that may not even get that is ridiculous..

I agree, i guess there is a gamble that it could be a 70 grade coin... but it could also be worse. Its very strange pricing. Essentially, get a 69 grade, put it back in the box to sell 🤦‍♂️

What is killing the values is flippers buying everything up then sell asap

Not an issue in itself but they all undercut the price to sell their own item without holding strong 

I think if you can't afford it don't buy it so many people in last 12 months buy a coin and think they can profit on it virtually instantly sometimes yes but mostly not 

The seasoned sellers know the game the best 

Edited by MikeG1978

5 minutes ago, MikeG1978 said:

What is killing the values is flippers buying everything up then sell asap

I think the next month when a lot of these really start dropping back in the uk is going to be a bloodbath for the graces coin with undercut after undercut. I have some with NGC atm and will sell some of them when they come back, ill see what the market is like but dont mind holding for a while.

9 minutes ago, terakris said:

I think the next month when a lot of these really start dropping back in the uk is going to be a bloodbath for the graces coin with undercut after undercut. I have some with NGC atm and will sell some of them when they come back, ill see what the market is like but dont mind holding for a while.

I understand where you are coming from this is what stopped me grading mine the floodgates are going to be opened and to be fair I don't blame people doing it as money is money 

But when they are doing it with every coin it just gets boring and everything becomes "rare"  which will either makes nothing rare as such or as other members say The mint will grade themselves and keep most of the money 

A little bit of the enjoyment has gone for me in the last 4 months 

6 minutes ago, MikeG1978 said:

I understand where you are coming from this is what stopped me grading mine the floodgates are going to be opened and to be fair I don't blame people doing it as money is money 

But when they are doing it with every coin it just gets boring and everything becomes "rare"  which will either makes nothing rare as such or as other members say The mint will grade themselves and keep most of the money 

Oh i completely understand. I think the Mint did the right thing not to increase the mintage numbers too much and keep the coin some what limited, the other sizes have gone a bit crazy, but the 5oz seems a pretty stable coin for the mint now so that may be the new size a few people start collecting.

When the next one comes out the same bun-fight will happen, and i will be in there, i narrowly missed out on a gold one this time around, if that had worked out thats 35k profit... collector or not, that cant be sniffed at and i would have flipped that as soon as i could to take the money, despite imho, the three graces being a much nicer coin than the una. End of the day, as you say money is money and some people have near life changing returns on some of these coins, so sometimes the gamble can pay off. more often than not, as with say a lot of the gold 50p's they return potential isnt there unless its a hot topic and most of the new issues will be long term loses.

Edited by terakris

2 minutes ago, MikeG1978 said:

Don't be down beat about this, Mike! If you do want to grade, then do so, but send to PCGS as there are a lot less of those and I would expect them to do better than the NGC examples.

The Mint tried the grading experiment and it was a bit of a disaster for them (re the Mayflower silver and gold £2 and the War/Peace silver and gold £5). Who knows if they will try again?!

I would just collect what you like and as long as there is intrinsic value and the premium is not too excessive, then in the long term it will always be OK. If you want a quick turn around of cash, then go for it, but please do let me know if you work out the formula!!

4 minutes ago, AndrewSL76 said:

Don't be down beat about this, Mike! If you do want to grade, then do so, but send to PCGS as there are a lot less of those and I would expect them to do better than the NGC examples.

The Mint tried the grading experiment and it was a bit of a disaster for them (re the Mayflower silver and gold £2 and the War/Peace silver and gold £5). Who knows if they will try again?!

I would just collect what you like and as long as there is intrinsic value and the premium is not too excessive, then in the long term it will always be OK. If you want a quick turn around of cash, then go for it, but please do let me know if you work out the formula!!

I do now I got pretty wound up about it but after some advice I listened and calmed down and to be fair raw or graded I am ok with it 

Its all for the kids and I have been told its always worth more than I bough it for I just wish I had the first to get a collection but that boat has sailed 

6 minutes ago, MikeG1978 said:

I do now I got pretty wound up about it but after some advice I listened and calmed down and to be fair raw or graded I am ok with it 

Its all for the kids and I have been told its always worth more than I bough it for I just wish I had the first to get a collection but that boat has sailed 

I think ultimately at the end of the day like you say Mike it can be frustrating... but there is no way we can loose on this coin so just sit back and enjoy it and let's see what happens with it all...that being said I was still unsure what to do with mine personally as it was graded PF69 and due to the fact there are alot of PF70 is a 69 really going to be desirable to anyone ??

Edited by Spence098

4 minutes ago, Spence098 said:

I think ultimately at the end of the day like you say Mike it can be frustrating... but there is no way we can loose on this coin so just sit back and enjoy it and let's see what happens with it all...that being said I was still unsure what to do with mine personally as it was graded PF69 and due to the fact there are alot of PF70 is a 69 really going to be desirable to anyone ??

There will be a market for it for sure, but i think as you say the number of 70 grades will effect it. If you took say (completed random number) £1500 for it, thats still £1200 profit... not to be sniffed at.

5 minutes ago, Spence098 said:

All thats behind me i actually really like the coin  and will enjoy it in the collection 

2 minutes ago, terakris said:

There will be a market for it for sure, but i think as you say the number of 70 grades will effect it. If you took say (completed random number) £1500 for it, thats still £1200 profit... not to be sniffed at.

Exactly that mate...huge gains....but then I'm also thinking of holding onto it and enjoying it as iv been very lucky to have one and maybe see how the market goes on them for a few years 👍

• 2 weeks later...

My coin is back from NGC via Coins of the Realm.

I think it looks great in the slab. I’ll be looking to sell once I’ve had a look at the most recent prices if anyone’s interested.

0DF81541-8D1E-4F4A-A79F-BE27690DB141.jpeg

Currently building my silver stack so looking for Kooks, Koalas, Eagles & Pandas

Outside of silver I also run a technology YouTube channel http://youtube.com/thenorthernblogger

On 27/03/2021 at 07:46, ExpatBrian said:

I’m going out on a limb here but if anyone has a silver 1 kilo Three Graces that they are willing to sell or if you can put me in contact with someone who is selling, send me a DM.

Thanks!

Could you make do with a gold one? 🙂

Chards

9 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

Could you make do with a gold one? 🙂

Maybe i call you tomorrow, if i win the Eurojackpot. Maybe than i will ask you, to find me the 10 Kilo Completer too. If i will not win the Jackpot, i stay happy with my little silver ones.😁

Edited by dikefalos

25 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

Maybe i call you tomorrow, if i win the Eurojackpot. Maybe than i will ask you, to find me the 10 Kilo Completer too. If i will not win the Jackpot, i stay happy with my little silver ones.😁

Sorry, can't help you with the 10 kilo version, it was never offered to me.

In any case, I still prefer the Australian one tonne gold nugget.

https://taxfreegold.co.uk/2012onetonnenugget.php

Edited by LawrenceChard
added link

Chards

• 2 weeks later...

It's getting closer to hammer time at TCC38, very interesting to see how the silver ones fare this time around. 👍

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 10.09.54 am.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 10.10.30 am.png

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

1 hour ago, jultorsk said:

It's getting closer to hammer time at TCC38, very interesting to see how the silver ones fare this time around. 👍

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 10.09.54 am.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-28 at 10.10.30 am.png

Yep! Will be very interesting. I have my bids down on a few non-Una/3G items but expect to be overbid soon given the way the market is at the moment. Fingers crossed!!