• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

2 hours ago, CANV said:

pension funds will not have much exposure to crypto .  well the more aggressive ones might have some.. their version of 'tech' is Microsoft.....

the buying opportunities will be in stocks not PM's    but there is a way yo go yet.  the real deal is if you can sell your PM's and buy growth stocks at the right time ..

no one can but id guess that moment is 6 months away ...? 

Have you been watching the spike in the 10 year yield (TNX) today?  It’s currently at 3.3666 and rising rapidly.  SHTF time or what? Looks like this might be the start of the big one... Personally I wouldn’t want to be invested in the stock market right now.

What do you guys think? Is this the beginning of the debt market implosion and absolute wipeout of global stock markets we’re about to witness?

@EdwardTeach I think people have been taught backwards. We have just spent over a year at all time highs and everyone buying like no tomorrow. This is the best time to buy. If you liked any prices since march 2020. Then these prices are a lot nicer.

Just now, EdwardTeach said:

Have you been watching the spike in the 10 year yield (TNX) today?  It’s currently at 3.3666 and rising rapidly.  SHTF time or what? Looks like this might be the start of the big one... Personally I wouldn’t want to be invested in the stock market right now.

What do you guys think? Is this the beginning of the debt market implosion and absolute wipeout of global stock markets we’re about to witness?

its tricky one......      with inflation out of control, all the bullets shot on QE, and zero respect.  the central banks have a 70's style problem 

9 hours ago, FlorinCollector said:

@EdwardTeach I think people have been taught backwards. We have just spent over a year at all time highs and everyone buying like no tomorrow. This is the best time to buy. If you liked any prices since march 2020. Then these prices are a lot nicer.

Exactly. If you believe in the companies which you have invested in, and why would you buy stocks of companies unless you do, now is a great opportunity to add cheap or discounted stocks.

It may seem shocking to some people but everything in the red means buy buy buy.

Instead people flock to gold near its all time high like it won’t go back down when this is all settled ?

5 hours ago, SovereignBishop said:

Exactly. If you believe in the companies which you have invested in, and why would you buy stocks of companies unless you do, now is a great opportunity to add cheap or discounted stocks.

It may seem shocking to some people but everything in the red means buy buy buy.

Instead people flock to gold near its all time high like it won’t go back down when this is all settled ?

The bigger question is will all this be settled and in what manner, who knows?

5 hours ago, SovereignBishop said:

I think I have seen 2 or 3 cycles of this now. In the end they post all of their stuff on here at a heavy loss for us to buy. 

10 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

I think I have seen 2 or 3 cycles of this now. In the end they post all of their stuff on here at a heavy loss for us to buy. 

I've been holding fire on some purchases since the big jump earlier this year.  Seeing history it seems obvious it will eventually drop again and that's when I'll kick start the habit again... question is when and by how much?

It will be sometime before things settle again as the roller-coaster is just getting started.

Looking to complete a date run of Bu Sovs and still require; 2010, 2011, 2018 & 2019

15 minutes ago, CaptCaveMan said:

I've been holding fire on some purchases since the big jump earlier this year.  Seeing history it seems obvious it will eventually drop again and that's when I'll kick start the habit again... question is when and by how much?

It will be sometime before things settle again as the roller-coaster is just getting started.

I will keep buying smaller amounts of gold but going to be holding off on large purchases with the price the way it is.

6 hours ago, SovereignBishop said:

We need to realise we are buying a bull market now.

if 2012 repeats we will see a massive pull back, even 2021 we saw a big pull back so prepare for the fact we could be buying a top.

True, but the purchasing power of £ Sterling has declined by over 8% over the last year as reflected by the inflation rate and even more than that in relative value compared to the USD. The gold price in £ just reflects that relative position. The primary quote for gold is in USD and is still 12% below its high.

Looks like the FED and ECB are going to print money even faster and kick off a hyperinflation event to stop the debt market from ‘fragmenting’ as they call it (or as we say in laymans terms: bond yields were rapidly spiking and about to cause a complete financial meltdown).

I’m not sure what this means for gold over the short term but hyperinflation should be very bullish for gold over the long term.

Edited by EdwardTeach

10 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

Could you explain this?

Thread 

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

15 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

Could you explain this?

It's a bit complicated and lengthy to explain in text but either of these videos will tell you what's happening.

Gregory Mannarino:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFSdarxOsZI

Maneco64:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3dzpxX2xRQ

15 minutes ago, StackerBritt said:

Since when did Skeletor stop being a bad guy and start economic commentary?

Lol, and the maneco64 character looks like the creepy old guy from up. I do listen to Gregory maneriono when I can as the news is good if you can filter out all the noise. 

1 hour ago, StackerBritt said:

Since when did Skeletor stop being a bad guy and start economic commentary?

He is looking very gaunt, he's always cracking out the new content though. I expect cocaine will always catch up with you, can't burn the candle at both ends forever. So someone tells me 🙄🙄🙄😁