• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

23 minutes ago, flyingveepixie said:

Keep a Ka Bar under your pillow or somewhere else close to hand... or a crossbow of course..  You have a god given right to defend yourself regardless of what some crooked judge or politician tells you.

Sorry, I shouldn't be saying such things here. This is the gold monitoring thread.

£1862.97  definitely back on the up..

@flyingveepixie , give the peasant hangout a try , you can say whatever you want  in that  , send @MrStacker a message ( our glorious leader ) he will guide you , and keep you right bud( he drones on a bit , starts going into details about everything , “but just give him a fools pardon ,👍

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bobski said:

Keep a Ka Bar under your pillow or somewhere else close to hand... or a crossbow of course..  You have a god given right to defend yourself regardless of what some crooked judge or politician tells you

Have you seen the cost of a Ka bar these days,?

Secondly, that leather handle is just going to soak up blood that you'll never get out,

or so I've heard.

Edited by Thelonerangershorse

"To get to where I need to be, I start by walking away from where I am."

3 hours ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

Gold just smashed a bunch of resistance to hit the price level I thought most likely to be the peak for the week (see the red lines below)

Screenshot2024-05-09153240.thumb.png.6ae1a0419a4c7c05d950adc2372ec236.png

If gold continues to climb from here then it's a shot at reaching or breaking the ATH of £1929 ish/$2427

Counterintuitive I know but we don't want to see an ATH today or tomorrow as it's too close to the 70% RSI.

Remember what happened last time we were above 70% RSI - it was followed by corrections (see graph below).

Ideally it's the same old story of a slow but steady climb. A consolidation at the current price point would be my preference but anything around the $2400 level (no higher) by close tomorrow would also be acceptable, if optimistic. Looks like markets as we speak are paying attention and cooling off but IMHO it's a big win for gold to close around £1864. Above that is undesirable for the longer term until we have further consolidations. 

Screenshot2024-05-09154638.thumb.png.a591745a8899db4b5d65de4d58c4b2c1.png

All that chart shows is that the brics nations summit is under way

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

34 minutes ago, flyingveepixie said:

Aye, Tony Martin. That was it. I think he shot the scumbag in the back as he was making his escape.  He served his time but I don't think he was ever aquitted. I heard of another guy who was jailed after running down a burglar in the street and giving him the good news with a baseball bat. On the other hand, I heard of a Sikh who was set upon in the street and killed all three attackers with his ceremonial knife which he was legally allowed to carry, and I think he got off. I have no references for these examples.

I'm a big fan of Sikhs, great people. Sikhs, Gurkhas, Japanese, Taiwanese, Hong Kongers, even Chinese. All good as gold. (you can infer who doesn't make the gold list by those I haven't mentioned). I saw stats today that 75% of burglaries aren't attended by the police in England - that's not 75% of crimes going unsolved that 75% of cases when the police don't even bother to show up! You can take a wild guess who the criminals are breaking into 500+ houses a day with zero repercussions. So if you're keeping your gold at home make triple sure to make the thieves think twice. Stick up a few 2A placards with American flags if you have to

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

17 minutes ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

Have you seen the cost of a Ka bar these days,?

Secondly, that leather handle is just going to soak up blood that you'll never get out, or so I've heard.

Good investment/barter item, 

I'm alright, Jack, Keep your hands off of my stack

2 minutes ago, gji25 said:

All that chart shows is that the brics nations summit is under way

The BRICS summit isn't until October AFAIK in Russia. I'll be keeping an eye on that one as it's possible the BRICS might release their crypto project at this summit

BRICS Will Create Payment System Based on Digital Currencies and Blockchain: Report (coindesk.com)

5 minutes ago, Dalriada83 said:

My personal favorite was "Marie Antoinette" - that famous pioneer of radiation research.

Madame Deficit

I'm alright, Jack, Keep your hands off of my stack

1 hour ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

I'm a big fan of Sikhs, great people. Sikhs, Gurkhas, Japanese, Taiwanese, Hong Kongers, even Chinese. All good as gold. (you can infer who doesn't make the gold list by those I haven't mentioned). I saw stats today that 75% of burglaries aren't attended by the police in England - that's not 75% of crimes going unsolved that 75% of cases when the police don't even bother to show up! You can take a wild guess who the criminals are breaking into 500+ houses a day with zero repercussions. So if you're keeping your gold at home make triple sure to make the thieves think twice. Stick up a few 2A placards with American flags if you have to

And advise that when a group of gunmen walk around shooting fish in a barrel (people) is for those fish to 'hide'. I'm all for the US way of the right to bear arms/defend oneself/family. 4 gunmen walking into a Texan gathering and pulling guns inclined to have 100+ guns pulled and pointed back. When the UK police force (had to be at least 6 feet tall) transition to a police service (rainbow) and that service is poor, don't even after attend a burglary let alone arrive in time in force to capture the burglars, that betrays the population.

BoE leave interest rates as-is, inflation has now declined to pretty much the 2% target rate, so increasingly more positive real yields, and gold is ... up (1870). Go figure!

9 minutes ago, Bratnia said:

inflation has now declined to pretty much the 2% target rate

Sorry, I don't buy that at all. What are they basing that on? Their basket of carefully chosen items? 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

2 minutes ago, bobski said:

Current Price

£1,872.89

Live Change

0.06% £+0.97

Live high £1,873.07

Live low £1,871.81

Voice of reason 🙏 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Thursday 11th April - gold hits £1870

Friday 12th April - gold tops £1954 intraday before having a big correction back to close at £1886

Friday 19th April - one week later gold closes at the ATH of £1935

I don't particularly want gold to get that hot but a repeat of something like that tomorrow and next week is a distinct possibility now gold has broken £1870

2 minutes ago, bobski said:

Current Price

£1,872.89

Live Change

0.06% £+0.97

Live high £1,873.07

Live low £1,871.81

Is the forums top left gold price indicator a lagged figure as you're often seem to be a few pence higher?

Can you see the woman in this image?spacer.png

She has her nose sniffing the goats butt

8 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Sorry, I don't buy that at all. What are they basing that on? Their basket of carefully chosen items? 

It's the April inflation figure that many pensions/wage etc. increases will be based upon government figure.